There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Draft Visit & Workout Tracker UPDATE: DRAFTED JENKINS, FLEMING, SLOWEY

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,303
Bernstine reportedly garnering 4th round consideration now.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1178090&nid=5797762&fhn=1
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,303
bump for SI round projections.
Originally posted by sfout:
haha yea it will

I am really interested to see what happens with our O line in the next couple of months and you're welcome, I figured it would be nice to actually have a concrete list with someone news bits mixed in. The fact that only 3 of our visits were drafted/signed by us really throws a curve ball into speculating who we'll pick but this list really helps out.

Well 3 got picked (1 being an udfa) but that doesn't mean we didn't try to get others. Like Baalke said the round or spot they feel they are worth plus them being available and nobody else higher that they would want has to all line up. Sounds obvious but all the stars have to align. Like Owen Marecic last year....they wanted him badly but he went 124... they picked Hunter at 115 (would definitely take over marecic) then by 163 it's too late. If he was there at 163 (5th round) they probably pull the trigger. So it doesn't necessarily mean they didn't like them when they met. They could have wanted more of those guys just that they weren't going to take them a round too high and by the time they would have pulled the trigger someone already got them.

Although, the RBs are really throwing a wrench into the pot. David Wilson was before Jacobs I believe so I can see that. Then they did Turbin after which I don't see where there is room for him. Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Dixon/Cartwright. Not sure I draft Turbin in the 3rd to be 4th RB and then what happens to Dixon/Cartwright (who are good ST guys)? Does that mean Jacobs would compete with Turbin for short yardage. Why sign Jacobs if we planned on drafting a back... would he really have to compete for a spot?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM ]
a guy I'm a huge fan of - Lavon Brazill from Ohio came in around April 9-10th. From his twitter:

LaVon Brazill ‏ @BrazillLaVon

Watching film wit 49ers WR coach


https://twitter.com/#!/BrazillLaVon/status/189763325024927744

and then the next day wrote:
LaVon Brazill ‏ @BrazillLaVon Follow

Visit was great now back to the A.
https://twitter.com/#!/BrazillLaVon/status/189811395624304640

He's a guy I've mentioned that we should keep an eye on. Compares to Jarius Wright in size, has really good hands, return experience.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,303
Originally posted by Travisty13:
a guy I'm a huge fan of - Lavon Brazill from Ohio came in around April 9-10th. From his twitter:

LaVon Brazill ‏ @BrazillLaVon

Watching film wit 49ers WR coach


https://twitter.com/#!/BrazillLaVon/status/189763325024927744
and then the next day wrote:
LaVon Brazill ‏ @BrazillLaVon Follow

Visit was great now back to the A.
https://twitter.com/#!/BrazillLaVon/status/189811395624304640

He's a guy I've mentioned that we should keep an eye on. Compares to Jarius Wright in size, has really good hands, return experience.

whoa, howd this slip under the radar???? Thanks man. I wonder where his stock has settled at.
Was that a stiff arm or did he cat punched the guy.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 18, 2012 at 9:14 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
a guy I'm a huge fan of - Lavon Brazill from Ohio came in around April 9-10th. From his twitter:

Quote:
LaVon Brazill ‏ @BrazillLaVon

Watching film wit 49ers WR coach


https://twitter.com/#!/BrazillLaVon/status/189763325024927744
and then the next day wrote:
Quote:
LaVon Brazill ‏ @BrazillLaVon Follow

Visit was great now back to the A.
https://twitter.com/#!/BrazillLaVon/status/189811395624304640

He's a guy I've mentioned that we should keep an eye on. Compares to Jarius Wright in size, has really good hands, return experience.

whoa, howd this slip under the radar???? Thanks man. I wonder where his stock has settled at.

Idk. I was looking to see where Brazill had visited last night, and saw on his twitter the only places he mentioned visiting was Miami and us. I was surprised and excited, glad to see we are interested.

He's still a late round WR, projected at 6th round at the earliest but more likely a 7th rounder, possibly an UDFA. I still believe he'll be picked. He has an injury history, but he dominanted lower competition and that's what you're supposed to do when you play at a lower level school.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,303
Bump for Trevor Coston S from Maine.
how did the raiders sign the former BBall player?

was he considered to be a free agent or draft eligible?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
how did the raiders sign the former BBall player?

was he considered to be a free agent or draft eligible?

He's not a football player, so he doesn't have to go through the draft process. Therefore he's considered a "street free agent" and is free to sign wherever. Same as Antonio Gates did. On the other hand, Jimmy Graham played one season of football so was considered a college football player and had to be drafted.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,303
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
how did the raiders sign the former BBall player?

was he considered to be a free agent or draft eligible?

He's not a football player, so he doesn't have to go through the draft process. Therefore he's considered a "street free agent" and is free to sign wherever. Same as Antonio Gates did. On the other hand, Jimmy Graham played one season of football so was considered a college football player and had to be drafted.

Yea he hit the nail on the head, the Dolphin's actually just signed a former BBall teammate of my friend's from a school here in Utah.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
how did the raiders sign the former BBall player?

was he considered to be a free agent or draft eligible?

He's not a football player, so he doesn't have to go through the draft process. Therefore he's considered a "street free agent" and is free to sign wherever. Same as Antonio Gates did. On the other hand, Jimmy Graham played one season of football so was considered a college football player and had to be drafted.

Yea he hit the nail on the head, the Dolphin's actually just signed a former BBall teammate of my friend's from a school here in Utah.

Really? That's pretty cool. There's been a lot of "non-football" player signings this offseason. The vikings signed a former point guard to try out at CB. He reported ran a impressive 40, like 4.3-4.4 area. The Jets signed a rugby player to tryout at TE.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,303
According to @RavensInsider Aaron Wilson these are the teams with the heaviest interest in Amini Silatolu

Aaron WilsonAlso In Baltimore Ravens
Among the other teams that are logical fits for Amini Silatolu or are believed to have strong interest in him: the San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Washington Redskins and the Houston Texans.

--
So it looks like he really is going to be a top 35 pick, I'm confused by the Redskins interest as they do not have a 2nd round pick because of the RG3 trade, would they trade a 1st rounder next year for a very early 2nd if he slips past the Giants? With this news it also greatly increases the likelihood that at least 1 more of Kendall Wright, Rueben Randle, Stephen Hill or Coby Fleener will be available when we pick at 30, provided that is of course one of these teams ahead of us does pick Silatolu.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:50 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
According to @RavensInsider Aaron Wilson these are the teams with the heaviest interest in Amini Silatolu

Aaron WilsonAlso In Baltimore Ravens
Among the other teams that are logical fits for Amini Silatolu or are believed to have strong interest in him: the San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Washington Redskins and the Houston Texans.

--
So it looks like he really is going to be a top 35 pick, I'm confused by the Redskins interest as they do not have a 2nd round pick because of the RG3 trade, would they trade a 1st rounder next year for a very early 2nd if he slips past the Giants? With this news it also greatly increases the likelihood that at least 1 more of Kendall Wright, Rueben Randle, Stephen Hill or Coby Fleener will be available when we pick at 30, provided that is of course one of these teams ahead of us does pick Silatolu.

The Redskins don't have a 1st to trade next year, that and 2014 are the Rams picks now. They gave up the #6 and their 2nd rounder this year, 1st next year, 1st in 2014 for the #2 this year(RGIII).
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,303
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by sfout:
According to @RavensInsider Aaron Wilson these are the teams with the heaviest interest in Amini Silatolu

Aaron WilsonAlso In Baltimore Ravens
Among the other teams that are logical fits for Amini Silatolu or are believed to have strong interest in him: the San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Washington Redskins and the Houston Texans.

--
So it looks like he really is going to be a top 35 pick, I'm confused by the Redskins interest as they do not have a 2nd round pick because of the RG3 trade, would they trade a 1st rounder next year for a very early 2nd if he slips past the Giants? With this news it also greatly increases the likelihood that at least 1 more of Kendall Wright, Rueben Randle, Stephen Hill or Coby Fleener will be available when we pick at 30, provided that is of course one of these teams ahead of us does pick Silatolu.

The Redskins don't have a 1st to trade next year, that and 2014 are the Rams picks now. They gave up the #6 and their 2nd rounder this year, 1st next year, 1st in 2014 for the #2 this year(RGIII).

I know this, I meant to only say 2nd ^_^ but I'm just informing others of what the buzz is. The Skins could end up trading picks and players to get a early second from someone if he slips.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 21, 2012 at 8:20 AM ]