There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kent State center Chris Anzevino worked out for the San Francisco 49ers

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1172599&nid=2426786&fhn=1
Kent State center Chris Anzevino worked out for the San Francisco 49ers and the Green Bay Packers this week, according to a league source. Anzevino excelled at his campus Pro Day workout. The 6-foot-2 1/2 301-pounder has been training with former All-Pro center LeCharles Bentley. He bench pressed 225 pounds 36 times, which would rank him second among all offensive linemen at the NFL scouting combine.He also ran the 40-yard dash in 5.1 seconds, which would rank fourth among linemen at the combine. Anzevino posted a 31 1/2 inch vertical leap, which would rank third among offensive lineman at the combine. And he registered a 4.6 in the short shuttle, which would rank fourth among all offensive linemen at the combine."Damn good football player," one NFL scout said. Another scout predicted that Anzevino will be drafted, and higher than expected. And another commented that Anzevino had superior game film to Ohio State lineman Mike Brewster. Anzevino played high school football for New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels' father. He worked out for scouts from the Patriots, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns and the
Indianapolis Colts.
[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 30, 2012 at 1:05 AM ]
Gona watch some Kent St. and check him out. They always seem to put out a beast here or there.
What round is he projected to go?
I don't even see this guy listed on CBS sports. It was updated on the 24th????
Based on the numbers I have, those are inaccurate.

I've got a 5.45 for the forty time, 4.88 shuttle, 8.02 3-cone for his pro day.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

He's not on the National Footpost site either. I have a spreadhsheet of 828 "ranked" players and he's not on it. Guess I will be adding him
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

He's not on the National Footpost site either. I have a spreadhsheet of 828 "ranked" players and he's not on it. Guess I will be adding him

This is why Troy Aikman said it is foolish to trade lower draft picks (aka ricky williams trade) to get one player. One player can get hurt (see david Pollack) and never contribute. By drafting multiple players in a draft you inherently increase your odds. The Cowboys got a pro bowl NT in round 7!! The Niners got Eric Heitmann in round 7. lower picks matter, especially for player spots that you do not need an immediate starter.

The Niners need a Center to compete with Chase Beeler. I would not mind if the Niners took a flyer on him in rounds 5,6 or 7.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
What round is he projected to go?

NFL Draft Scout doesn't even project him to be picked up as an UDFA.... Niners scouts may consider him to be a diamond in the rough?
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/03/28/12/Kent-State-center-working-for-draft-spot/landing_browns.html?blockID=697722
Maybe some to develop for the future (2013-2014)?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home