There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Martinek - RB/FB/WR? - Rutgers

Joe Martinek
5'11", 220lb
Senior - RB/FB/WR
Rutgers

The guy ran in the 4.4s today at his pro-day and coaches seemed to be impressed with him.

Anyone know anything about this guy? Opinions on him?

Edit: Corrected the height as was stated in the thread.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Mar 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM ]
Never heard of him, but he has no quit to him. I am impressed with his blitz pickup, toughness, and 2nd gear. He seems to have pretty good lateral agility and vision, too. It looks like he tends to bounce outside, but I don't know where those plays were designed to go; he could just be setting up his blockers. Hands were also impressive. I would love to have a closer look at the kid as a late pick. Is there any buzz on him? Where is he rumored to go?
Rutgers alum here.

In a sentence: if Miller wasn't brought in last year as the FB, Martinek would be THE perfect fit for this team at FB.

Great hands, fighter's mentality (top state HS wrestler), versatile runner.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Rutgers alum here.

In a sentence: if Miller wasn't brought in last year as the FB, Martinek would be THE perfect fit for this team at FB.

Great hands, fighter's mentality (top state HS wrestler), versatile runner.

4.4 as a 6-1 FB? Looks like he could potentially do a lot more than a traditional FB, but he's also a little light for a traditional FB (so is Miller, though).
Good find RedWaltz
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I didn't think the kid looked 6'1'' from those highlights. Looked shorter... had to check... he's 5'11'' according to this article.
i put martinek as a niners 7th rd pick inmy first and only mock posted march 10
Reminds me of Mike Alstott Pounding People
Originally posted by adamcarrillo1:
Reminds me of Mike Alstott Pounding People

alstott was tight in madden '03
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Ex tailback, great hands, good speed, toughness, and moves. I want this guy, but not in a sexual way. I wonder how he would do in third & short, or goal line situations.
Well fullback is a bit of a stretch at only 220, but he looks like a solid a short yardage back/H back/special teams ace. Would not mind one bit at taking him in the 7th to compete.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Well fullback is a bit of a stretch at only 220, but he looks like a solid a short yardage back/H back/special teams ace. Would not mind one bit at taking him in the 7th to compete.

Be great if he beat out Boobie Dix and soft Brandon
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 5280High:

Be great if he beat out Boobie Dix and soft Brandon

Exactly, and I love players who were legit wrestlers in highschool. Good body control, core strength, balance, and most importantly the work ethic that translates over to football provides such a great foundation.
delaine walker
Originally posted by Allx9er:
delaine walker

Is likely gone after next year.