There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's Best Player Available Board #1-50

damn I suprised you have Brian Quick in the top 50
Every day I get to work and start day dreaming about draft day.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
How high of a ceiling do yousee for Andre Branch? He is my number 1 wantbut don't think the Niners will draft the position early. And do you think he would be a fit for our D anyway?

I think he is vastly underrated right now, and I project him higher than most places. Wouldnt be surprised to see the Jets pull the lever at 16. I see Pro-Bowl possibilities in Branch. Just scratching the surface. Could go as high as 12 to the Seahawks, but no way is a second rounder.

Yeah. I see a player who could be one of the best pass rushers in this class. And a 3 down player in the league. A first year starter I feel and he's got a great feel for the game.
MadDog your board shows creativity. I think you nailed Jonathan Martin at 37. I see Kendall Reyes being a surprise come draft day. Vinny Curry is already on the radar and Dont'a Hightower should go higher. All in all a very thoughtful board.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
MD, what do you think of Amini Silatolu?

Nice player with big upside, like many of the smaller school guard prospects. Strong kid, with good mobility. Just hasn't played the best competition, so hard to know at the next level. Some say he may end up sneaking into bottom part of first round. Dont see it happening.

Sounds good.

Ok, I'm putting you on the spot...if Brooks is there at #30 and we still haven't addressed the RG position, should we take him?
  • kush
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,678
Madding, please help selle on Branch. I watched 3 games of his this year and came away thoroughly unimpressed.

I like his size and all his measurables, but his game troubles me. I don't think I can recall him engaging an offensive linemen in any of the 3 games. He tried to speed rush around the corner almost exclusively and it seemed to me his game as I saw it would not translate well to the NFL. What am I missing? I see the potential like I said especially due to his measurables but I do not see it on the field. I must've seen his bad games because he appeared to need a huge overhaul to have a chance to make a significant impact at the next level.
Maddog, thank you for your work.
I think this is a much more interesting board than you big board. It is hard to evaluate talent, it is also harder to show your own personal board, because some people will tell you "you were wrong" when players careers will shape up. On the big board you just use other people opinion to draw the board and you can hide behind that.
IMHO, from now on, your are THE MAN of the draft, no matter what.

Please repeat this board every year, if you can, because I will always wait for your opinion on the draft.
Again, thank you.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Madding, please help selle on Branch. I watched 3 games of his this year and came away thoroughly unimpressed.

I like his size and all his measurables, but his game troubles me. I don't think I can recall him engaging an offensive linemen in any of the 3 games. He tried to speed rush around the corner almost exclusively and it seemed to me his game as I saw it would not translate well to the NFL. What am I missing? I see the potential like I said especially due to his measurables but I do not see it on the field. I must've seen his bad games because he appeared to need a huge overhaul to have a chance to make a significant impact at the next level.

Na man I'm with you Baugh Area, I actually think R.Quinn was better last year coming out. Branch's game is going to have a hard time transitioning to the NFL, not willing to take on blockers and misses a lot of tackles, he has bust written all over him. Maddog can't get them all right, can he?
In a couple weeks, MD, I will will release / share with you my complete positional board ranking almost every player, by position, in terms of potential/expectation to succeed (barring injury). That will be fun to compare.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In a couple weeks, MD, I will will release / share with you my complete positional board ranking almost every player, by position, in terms of potential/expectation to succeed (barring injury). That will be fun to compare.

DO IT!
Yup...looks just like my board.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In a couple weeks, MD, I will will release / share with you my complete positional board ranking almost every player, by position, in terms of potential/expectation to succeed (barring injury). That will be fun to compare.

every year I take yours. MD's, and draft scouts rankings and make a big ass draft sheet
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
damn I suprised you have Brian Quick in the top 50

Brian Quick's 10 yard split came in at 1.47 seconds, which is .....Quick. The kid has great upside and regularly ran past defenders during Senior Bowl week. I like the guys a lot. He has number one WR potential
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
MadDog your board shows creativity. I think you nailed Jonathan Martin at 37. I see Kendall Reyes being a surprise come draft day. Vinny Curry is already on the radar and Dont'a Hightower should go higher. All in all a very thoughtful board.

I attempt to be thoughtful. Thanks. While there is no scientific formula for success, I think there are things that tip off a player's chance to be successful at the next level. In the end, we are all just playing a percentage game.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Sounds good.

Ok, I'm putting you on the spot...if Brooks is there at #30 and we still haven't addressed the RG position, should we take him?

Depends who is on the board. How did you like that ole?