There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's your favorite at #30?

Who's your favorite at #30?

  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,724
Originally posted by VA49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
I wasn't saying Fleener wouldn't be the TE2. TE is not as big a need as WR IMO. You said why burn a first rounder on the 4th wideout when its not a given that Kyle would beat out Hill or Wright heck we don't even know how Moss will pan out. IMO We have more stability at the TE position than at WR,

A starting Tight End is a bigger need than a backup WR.

Umm we have a starting TE.

WCO usually doesn't run two-TE sets from what I remember.

But Harbaugh does. I think Fleener would be a huge upgrade to our passing game. Look at NE this year. I think that having Fleener on the field with davis turns us into a MUCH bigger passing threat than a great wideout. Given our coach and QB tendancies it also makes more sense to go TE to improve the passing game. I also agree we have a starter at TE but Vernon is all the more reason we should get Fleener. Fleener needs work on his blocking but we don't really need him to be that guy. We could create some matchup nightmares with Fleener and Vernon and two other wideouts on the field.

And how much production was the second TE accounted for?? We could get the same production from a TE in the later rounds, not so sure I'd go that way with a WR.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by okdkid:
'tis the season for over-hype. This is particularly the case of Hill and Fleener (among others).

They may be great. They may be some of the worst ever. That is what you get at the end of round 1. Big risks, particularly at skill positions.

To say that either Hill or Fleener are an unquestioned upgrade without ever seeing them play a down in the NFL seems a bit short sighted.

Again, you could say that about any player in the draft no matter what round or where they're picked.

Yup. But this is particularly true at the skill positions, especially prospects like Hill and Fleener. There is a reason they are consistently rated as late 1st round picks. They have just as many cons as pros. I think it's easy to get lost in the hype, especially since we can use a pass catcher upgrade.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
kendall wright

Justification please. ***who*** are we going to cut?

Why do 49ers have to cut a WR if they draft one?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
...and there comes the nonsense.

The pot calling the kettle black.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wright is an upgrade in every way over Kyle Williams

Why so low on KW? You're gonna burn a first rounder for a slight upgrade at Tue #4 WR position?

A 1st round WR at #30 would also be a future starter for years to come. Maybe not a 1 or 2 this year but look at the receivers the 49ers lose after this year. Baalke usually has the future in mind not just the now.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Is wright in 2012 better than KW in 2012? or 2013?

Def better in 2013! I don't really even care for Wright but get off KW's jock.
Mike Wallace

/thread
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,724
Originally posted by spizzy:
Mike Wallace

/thread

$120 million no thanks.

thread
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
I wasn't saying Fleener wouldn't be the TE2. TE is not as big a need as WR IMO. You said why burn a first rounder on the 4th wideout when its not a given that Kyle would beat out Hill or Wright heck we don't even know how Moss will pan out. IMO We have more stability at the TE position than at WR,

A starting Tight End is a bigger need than a backup WR.

Not when you already have two starting tight ends, again i believe we have more stability at the tight end position then we do at the WR position. Even tho we have made some acquisitions threw free agency there is still alot of uncertainty as far as what our WR corps are going to do You have Moss who was out of the league, Crabs who is good just inconsistent, Kyle who is still learning his roll, Ginn who shouldn't even be considered a reciever lmao, and Manningham who is in a new system. Im not saying they won't be good i'm just saying our TE's are considered one of the best duos in the league. You could not say the same about our WR's which is why i believe WR is a bigger need.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Mike Wallace

/thread

$120 million no thanks.

thread

my sentiments exactly
At 6'6" with great hands and can block pretty good i believe Fleener is a no brainer. Look at what they do with Vernon, they put him spread out and get him the ball. Fleener ran a 4.4 or a 4.5 if im not mistaken. He will be an automatic upgrade to our offense. He is basically a TE and a WR.
Fleener or bust. If we pick Coby Fleener we go to the Super Bowl.....
Would love Fleener, would be okay with Hill, Konz, or Wright.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Would love Fleener, would be okay with Hill, Konz, or Wright.

I would be ok with Hill or Konz. Don't want Wright.
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
Not when you already have two starting tight ends, again i believe we have more stability at the tight end position then we do at the WR position. Even tho we have made some acquisitions threw free agency there is still alot of uncertainty as far as what our WR corps are going to do You have Moss who was out of the league, Crabs who is good just inconsistent, Kyle who is still learning his roll, Ginn who shouldn't even be considered a reciever lmao, and Manningham who is in a new system. Im not saying they won't be good i'm just saying our TE's are considered one of the best duos in the league. You could not say the same about our WR's which is why i believe WR is a bigger need.

Why do the people that want Fleener so bad think moss is a lock not only to make the team but to be a very good to all pro WR. He was not all that good his last year in the League and then he took a year off. I hope he is great. I want him to be great. I'm just not ready to bet on it yet. If they do draft a WR and have to cut a WR i think they should Cut Ginn because he is not a very good WR. If Kyle returns kick all year i hope he would learn how to do it better and not fouble the ball away. Plus they have some DB they can put back there to return Kick. If they draft Fleener im not going to be unhappy I think he will help the team. I don't think it automatic that he starts over walker from day one. And i dont think any WR will start day one ether.