LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Luck vs RG3

Luck vs RG3

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Been doing some watching of game film on both of these guys and before I was sure Luck was way better than RG3 but now I think the Colts have serious decision on their hands.

Luck seems more mentally ready to be a franchise QB.

RG3 seems like a better physical talent as far pure passer and a better talent.

Who would you pick ?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Andrew Luck without even blinking.

Better overall mechanics, footwork is awesome doesn't look stiff in his cross over like MOST QB's that come from a gimmick offense. Knows how to read a defense, goes through his progressions. He shows nice touch on his passes.

Frickin Colts lucked out!!!!
RG3 is the more impressive talent wise but Luck is more ready for the NFL (mechanics and mentally).

If I were the Colts...I would take RG3.
you watched film?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by vrabbit:
you watched film?

Yes

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
you watched film?

Yes

classic
I think RG3 will have early success but Luck will eventually come out on top.
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
I think RG3 will have early success but Luck will eventually come out on top.

funny, I think the exact opposite
I think people have been hearing about Luck for so long that they aren't even considering RGIII. I understand college stats don't matter much, but they show that Baylor relied on RGIII, while Stanford relied on the running game. In fact, Stanford ran over 55% of the time all four years Luck was there. Griffin played against tougher defenses as well. They also had virtually the same bad decision rate. Greg Cosell of NFL films gives the edge to RGIII also. He has way more potential given his superior speed and arm strength. He can also be productive right away given that his offensive system is a "pro spread" and he is extremely accurate.
  • bors
  • Veteran
according to the polls 70% zone is wacist

Originally posted by Draftology:
I think people have been hearing about Luck for so long that they aren't even considering RGIII. I understand college stats don't matter much, but they show that Baylor relied on RGIII, while Stanford relied on the running game. In fact, Stanford ran over 55% of the time all four years Luck was there. Griffin played against tougher defenses as well. They also had virtually the same bad decision rate. Greg Cosell of NFL films gives the edge to RGIII also. He has way more potential given his superior speed and arm strength. He can also be productive right away given that his offensive system is a "pro spread" and he is extremely accurate.

Greg Cosell's opinions are highly overrated. Hands down its Luck.
Let me ask you this question would you rather have Peyton Manning with wheels or Mike Vick as a better pocket passer and off field decision maker. Don't get me wrong I like both qbs a lot. I thought Washington was smart as hell to make the trade for the #2 pick, but Luck has been the #1 pick since he signed with Stanford, he is that good.
Luck but only because he's Harbaugh's boy. Basically if Harbaugh touched it I'm sold.
Luck is the better prospect IMO. Best pocket passer in 15 years to come out. Keep in mind though that Indy gutted their team and got rid of lots of the old stand by players it counted on for years. The Colts could be worse next season. The talent level is horrific on that team. Luck could struggle for 3 years because of the level of talent. But I think he looks good after 10 - 12 years. Not the first 3. Look what he is working with...
bottomline is now that the Colts have cleaned house, they have to go with Luck IMO, the sure thing. Had they kept Manning, I absolutely would argue RG3 to be the pick at #1, but right now it has to be Luck
I think whoever Arians feel fits in his system will be picked. It could be RG3. Time will tell.
Share 49ersWebzone