1. WR S.Hill
2. DE J.Crick
3. OG B.Washington
4. FS A.Henry
5. WR R.Broyles
6. OLB D.Paige-Moss
7. TE J.Hanna
Sign PR/RB Justin Forsett

The 49ers only have 4 WRs on the roster so WR is still a big need. S.Hill can use a year to learn how to be a NFL WR and could be the long term deep threat.
Broyles will push K.Williams for the slot spot and could be used as a PR. Justin Smith will be 33 in Sept. so Crick could be used to help keep him fresh. Washington had a great year at OG in 2010 before playing LT in 2011 and struggling a little bit but his upside is very high. A. Henry is a great tackler with good speed and could be a real good backup at both FS and SS. Paige-Moss has 1st round talent but with a knee injury in Jan. and a really really bad Jr year he is a high risk high reward draft pick.
Hanna and Brown both have great speed and we some really good coaching could be real weapons on Off and ST.
[ Edited by Ice49er on Mar 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We wont draft 2 WRs. Because if we draft a 2nd one then we HAVE to cut Williams, what if Williams wins the training camp competition? We'd have wasted a pick just like we did this past season on Ronald Johnson. No way someone as high profile as Ryan Broyles make it through waivers to the PS if he lost the battle.

We dont have any extra 7th rounders though, We traded Mays for a conditional pick(meaning we'd only get something if he met the incentives and I dont believe he did. Appeared in just 5 games and noticed less then 10 tackles) and if not mistaken it was might have even been a 2013 pick.

No idea where you got the 3rd 7th rounder from.

You could probably flip the Broyles/Henry picks and they would work. Hanna will likely get picked higher then the 7th, he had the best combine out of all of the TEs.

That being said that the bulk of it is good.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM ]
Not bad. Like Hill in the first.
I think the Mays trade applies to 2013
Crick is pretty tight. I like him in the second.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Crick is pretty tight. I like him in the second.

yea i agree! if we get him in the second it can be a big steal for us. Thank god he had an injury that lowered his stock

Overall i like the draft...but yea the mays trade applies to 2013. So i would switch out Broyles for a RB if there is value at our spot or go after a CB like Bolden.
Originally posted by sfout:
We wont draft 2 WRs. Because if we draft a 2nd one then we HAVE to cut Williams, what if Williams wins the training camp competition? We'd have wasted a pick just like we did this past season on Ronald Johnson. No way someone as high profile as Ryan Broyles make it through waivers to the PS if he lost the battle.

We dont have any extra 7th rounders though, We traded Mays for a conditional pick(meaning we'd only get something if he met the incentives and I dont believe he did. Appeared in just 5 games and noticed less then 10 tackles) and if not mistaken it was might have even been a 2013 pick.

No idea where you got the 3rd 7th rounder from.

You could probably flip the Broyles/Henry picks and they would work. Hanna will likely get picked higher then the 7th, he had the best combine out of all of the TEs.

That being said that the bulk of it is good.

I don't think it'd be unheard of to have 6 WRs and keep 5 active.
Not going to lie, this is probably my favorite mock I've seen so far. Good job.
Love this mock. All it needs is a RB, perhaps in round 4 or 5.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Love this mock. All it needs is a RB, perhaps in round 4 or 5.

Bryce Brown is a late RB that people should keep an eye on. He has us taking him with a pick we don't have (Taylor Mays pick is for next year). But if Bryce can stay focused and mature, he could be a steal and be an Arian Foster type steal.

Originally posted by Travisty13:

even better than my pre-manningham mock?
Great mock.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

even better than my pre-manningham mock?

Yes. No disrespect to your mock, but I don't like multiple option mocks (Rd.1 Fleener or Hill <---as an example). I want the person doing the mock to pick one person, tell why and adjust accordingly. Just my preference.
I also like the crick pick
Good, but we're only drafting one wide receiver
Share 49ersWebzone