There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Now where do we go in the draft?

Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Mario does not stop us from going after WR

Somehow I knew you would say this... Although for once I agree with you. The Mario signing doesn't stop us from going wr at all. I think we can say it's not as big of a need but really if the Moss experiment doesn't work we would be back to Crabs and Mario. It just depends on how we have our board and who is BPA at the time.

But I think we can also look for guys who can replace a contract that might be up the following year... Meaning Delanie Walker being replaced by Coby Fleener


Your heart will be broken when he is drafted before we pick. Every year the zone sweetheart is always taken early, get prepared.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Mar 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
True but if neither work out we are back to square one again, gotta build for the future. If the right guys is there then you make the move.

Agreed, as of right now it's all speculation.

Can't wait til end of April!
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik:
Originally posted by jreff22:
True but if neither work out we are back to square one again, gotta build for the future. If the right guys is there then you make the move.

Agreed, as of right now it's all speculation.

Can't wait til end of April!
just so you know I have been advocating to trade back for months...that would be my ideal situation
Just read a rumor in the main subforum (whether it's true or not, I have no idea right now) that we're talking to Miami about trading Walker and a draft pick for Reggie Bush.

If that is true, and that happens, I think it's a lock we take Fleener.
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik:
Just read a rumor in the main subforum (whether it's true or not, I have no idea right now) that we're talking to Miami about trading Walker and a draft pick for Reggie Bush.

If that is true, and that happens, I think it's a lock we take Fleener.

false rumor
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Mario does not stop us from going after WR

Somehow I knew you would say this... Although for once I agree with you. The Mario signing doesn't stop us from going wr at all. I think we can say it's not as big of a need but really if the Moss experiment doesn't work we would be back to Crabs and Mario. It just depends on how we have our board and who is BPA at the time.

But I think we can also look for guys who can replace a contract that might be up the following year... Meaning Delanie Walker being replaced by Coby Fleener


Your heart will be broken when he is drafted before we pick. Every year the zone sweetheart is always taken early, get prepared.
I'll be fine as long as he doesn't go to a DBag team like the Steelers or something like that. Fleener is just my pick that I like for where we draft at the end of the first. I think he makes sense. But I like other guys just as much. Blackmon, Floyd, Harrison Smith, starting to get into Jeffery, and Turbin, etc... I'm am totally down with whatever the FO thinks is best for our team though!
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Maybe we trade it for a future 1st round pick like the Pats always do. Trade with a lower tier team like Kansas City and hope they stink it up. Then you turn a 30 pick into a 15 overall the following year and top it with your own 1st the next year. Pats do this all the time...



This strategy could end up being brilliant, end up with a high pick next year, end up with the honey badger or a top running back!
i think we are going to draft a rb in the 1st 3 rds now along with defense and draft a big bodied receiver in the later rounds
I know it's not sexy but i really, really would like to see a right guard with that first pick but it increasingly looks like "BPA".
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Maybe we trade it for a future 1st round pick like the Pats always do. Trade with a lower tier team like Kansas City and hope they stink it up. Then you turn a 30 pick into a 15 overall the following year and top it with your own 1st the next year. Pats do this all the time...

or this.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,600
Possiblle trade for next years draft or best player available.
OLs plz
Originally posted by YungAce:
I can see us going after a Guard in the first followed by Safety, Wide Receiver, Center (in no specific order)

Basically BPA the entire draft, lol


ding ding ding, no more reaching for a Reggie McGrew because we need a DT to fill a hole. BPA between WR/TE/G/TE/DE.
No matter who plays QB - we need aRG to protect them. I'm really hoping Kilgore can step up to it.

If the coaches think he can, then we'll have some room.

I still like Fleener at 30 and the best RG in the 2nd.
BPA BPA!!!!!!!!!!

It may be that fitzpatrick guy from alabama.