LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

I know everyone wants a receiver, but who else might we potentially end up with?

Given the depth at WR in this draft class, I expect BPA at #30 or a trade down. The only players I can see Baalke jumping for if close enough is Poe or Floyd, IMO. If not, he stays put and drafts Fleener almost guaranteed to be there at #30, I said almost now. The truth is that a top 20 prospect may slip through the cracks. I believe that position will be DE/DT tweener so don't rule them out also.

Given the moves in FA and we're not done, I still think it will be Fleener because Walker is a FA next year. Fleener would be an upgrade to Walker right now and could immediately contribute on ST, too. Given his high level of character and work ethic plus his knowledge of the system Harbaugh runs, he's my choice at #30 or trade back.

The other position that we may land in the second is a RB. I believe Polk could be on our radar, too as well as other prospects in later rounds.

But at #30, we have some serious options!
Originally posted by smithc28:
Nah we're trying to tie up our Cb's in FA. I can see With our 1st 4 picks we'll go for:
2 x WR
1 x RG
1 x RB

1 Wide receiver may end up being a TE but an offensive weapon none the less and I only see a Running back being picked if it's the right one, if the option isn't there we won't jump to it.

Redzone efficiency is our biggest problem, we sort that out and the Defence and ST do the same job as last year we win a SB

Soo basically
Rd1. Fleener( if he falls)
Rd2. Peter Konz/ Brandon Washington/Brandon Brooks
Rd3. Robert Turbin
Ben Grubbs in FA

We have Leonard Davis and Brandin Carr visiting us

And snyder is visiting AZ
Alot can change quickly
dre bly
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik:
Fleener at #30

Delanie's contract is up after this season, and I'm not sure if he'd want to come back. He could be a starting TE on a lower tier team, whereas on the Niners, he will always have to split time with VD.
Drafting Fleener would give us the option to run a double TE set like New England even if Delanie leaves.
Draft BPA WR in the 2-4 rounds.

Good post...for a rookie....

Welcome to the Zone....and the Fleener bandwagon.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Soo basically
Rd2. Peter Konz/ Brandon Washington/Brandon Brooks
Rd3. Robert Turbin
Ben Grubbs in FA

Alot can change quickly

Konz certainly won't fall to pick number 62...and I seriously doubt the Niners go after Grubbs because he will command a pile of money...and the team has already committed a good amount to the guard position with Iupati's contract.

Other than that however, I think this is certainly a plausible scenario...and one which I would welcome.

Cheers!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:01 PM ]
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Soo basically
Rd2. Kelechi Osomeli
Rd3. Robert Turbin
Rd4. Brandon Brooks (6'5 and 346lb)

Alot can change quickly

Konz certainly won't fall to pick number 62...and I seriously doubt the Niners go after Grubbs because he will command a pile of money...and the team has already committed a good amount to the guard position with Iupati's contract.

Other than that however, I think this is certainly a plausible scenario...and one which I would welcome.

Cheers!

ok. soo since the last post, we lost Snyder. lol. but ok, I forgot how high Konz was ranked because I ddnt have the page up. but lets go Kelechi Osomeli in the second and if not, we'll go Brooks in the 4.
The Carr ship has saled btw.
Might as well sign L. Davis now since we no longer have a starting calibur RG now. I highly doubt that Kilgore is ready.
I was in high favor of trading back..and then I saw the L.Robinson signed with that Jags.
Soo what do you think about trading our #30 to Carolina or KC for their 2nd, 3rd, and maybe a 6th. I'd be happy with the 2nd and 3rd though. Wed have picks at the beginning and end of both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Comments?
Guard for sure.
CB is set for this year. RG is the priority unless we sign FA Davis. Then a WR and a running back. Since we have 8 picks, Draft 2each, then take a flyer with the last two on the most intriguing player available
The way it looks to me the defensive line will have the best value where we pick.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
also need to find a back up inside linebacker who can excell at special teams, ps, mcnutt in the second or third after you get fleener in the first

Share 49ersWebzone