LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

My "lets improve the offense" Mock Draft

All of the FA signing are assumed to make the team.

49ers FA to sign before the draft and other FA's
Alex Smith 3 years 30 million
Adam Snyder 3 years 10 million
Blake Constanzo 4 years 4 million
Mike Tolbert RB San Diego- 4 year deal with low cap numbers for 2012 and 2013, higher cap numbers for 2014 and 2015 when Gore is retired. I think he is a perfect fit and the thought of Tolbert/Hunter in the future makes me smile.
Mike Wallace WR- Pittsburg- RFA- The Niners lose their pick 30, but secure a WR who is only 26 and is a safer bet than any WR available at 30.

Draft
Pick 1- Mike Wallace WR essentially the first round pick in theory
Picks 2 Coby Fleener TE -9ers package picks 2 and 3 package to move up for antoher receiving threat.
Pick 4 Coryell Julie CB Texas A and M
Pick 5- Devon Wylie WR Fresno State and KR
Pick 6- Kellen Moore QB- Boise State- Competition for 3rd qb spot. Moore is 6 foot, and has the anticipationg and football smarts to make it in NFL. Could be an ideal back up for 10 years. Is he better than Tolzien, no clue, but a camp battle would determine that.
Pick 7- Miles Burris OLB San Diego State- Need OLB for special teams and team needs one more OLB.

Offense
QB- Smith/Kaepernick/Moore- Tolzien is on PS or picked up by someone else
RB- Gore/Hunter/Tolbert
FB/HB Miller/ D. Walker
TE- VD/Fleener/D. Walker
LT Staley /Boone
LG Iupati/Kilgore
C Goodwin/Snyder/Beeler
RG Snyder/Kilgore
RT- Smith/Persons
WR- Wallace, Crabtree, Moss, Wylie, Williams
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
All of the FA signing are assumed to make the team.

49ers FA to sign before the draft and other FA's
Alex Smith 3 years 30 million
Adam Snyder 3 years 10 million
Blake Constanzo 4 years 4 million
Mike Tolbert RB San Diego- 4 year deal with low cap numbers for 2012 and 2013, higher cap numbers for 2014 and 2015 when Gore is retired. I think he is a perfect fit and the thought of Tolbert/Hunter in the future makes me smile.
Mike Wallace WR- Pittsburg- RFA- The Niners lose their pick 30, but secure a WR who is only 26 and is a safer bet than any WR available at 30.

Draft
Pick 1- Mike Wallace WR essentially the first round pick in theory
Picks 2 Coby Fleener TE -9ers package picks 2 and 3 package to move up for antoher receiving threat.
Pick 4 Coryell Julie CB Texas A and M
Pick 5- Devon Wylie WR Fresno State and KR
Pick 6- Kellen Moore QB- Boise State- Competition for 3rd qb spot. Moore is 6 foot, and has the anticipationg and football smarts to make it in NFL. Could be an ideal back up for 10 years. Is he better than Tolzien, no clue, but a camp battle would determine that.
Pick 7- Miles Burris OLB San Diego State- Need OLB for special teams and team needs one more OLB.

Offense
QB- Smith/Kaepernick/Moore- Tolzien is on PS or picked up by someone else
RB- Gore/Hunter/Tolbert
FB/HB Miller/ D. Walker
TE- VD/Fleener/D. Walker
LT Staley /Boone
LG Iupati/Kilgore
C Goodwin/Snyder/Beeler
RG Snyder/Kilgore
RT- Smith/Persons
WR- Wallace, Crabtree, Moss, Wylie, Williams

maybe add carr (cb) to the FA mix. but im down. lov the draft
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 13, 2012 at 10:09 AM ]
Why not...the defense is solid throw away a few picks to sure up the offense...do need cb depth still
No way fleener last to our 2nd round pick

Why sign Tolbert when there are tons of backs like that in the 3rd and 4th round

I still think they pick Hill or Fleener in the first round
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Why not...the defense is solid throw away a few picks to sure up the offense...do need cb depth still

If you look at the 49ers startes and depth, it has greatly improved from years ago. Our defense is solid, and I thin

Can you imagine being a defensive coordinator in 2012 if this draft happens.

2010- Stack the box with 8 men, stop Gore
2011- Doulbe team Vernon
2012- Wallace to Stretch the field, Gore running, VD loving it as he is no longer double teamed, Moss working to max out at 4 million, Fleener showing us what two receiving TE's can do, Tolbert punishing tacklers and scoring TD's on 3rd and goal on the 2, Crabtree breaking out.

Offensive coordinators would have to account for 4 or 5 players every snap instead of 1 or 2.
Dont sleep on wylie in the slot either offence improves dramatically with this draft i would be so happy
Kellen Moore would be a wasted pick at #6. We already have Tolzien on the roster that fits the bill as a #3 Qb. I would use that pick to get a C/OG swingman to continue your "let's improve the offense draft".
  • rrsis
  • Veteran
it has greatly improved from years ago.
Which ever wr gets picked is fine by me but Wallace is obviously better than any of them. The trade up is exactly what I want to do. It's kind of like last year when we traded up for Kaep. We ended up with Aldon at 7 and Kaep was 2nd in the 2nd round??? Something like that. This year it would be take Fleener at 30 and then trade up for the wr you want in the early 2nd. Anyone know what we had to give up to get Kaep? I kind of like the sound of Fleener and Jeffery if we didn't give the pick for Wallace. Our defense is Solid and it would get the TE and the WR into the system a year early. Can still draft depth with the remaining picks.
3rd round pick?

3rd round pick?
Originally posted by martysofresh:
3rd round pick?

read pick 2
Originally posted by smithc28:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
3rd round pick?

read pick 2

my bad. I was kinda wondering how we were able to move up and get Fleener. but ok.
Share 49ersWebzone