There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kevin Zeitler

We need to get a player that plays guard and not projected to play guard because it will mean he has to learn to play the position. If we get a solid guard then Davis will flourish even more cause he will have someone watching his back.
Originally posted by crew:
Silatolu is rated 3rd best behind DeCastro and Zeitler and ahead of Osemele and Brooks.

Yup, but Silatolu is projected to go in the early 2nd. Those other two OGs should be there around pick 61.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by crew:
Silatolu is rated 3rd best behind DeCastro and Zeitler and ahead of Osemele and Brooks.

you are forgetting Glenn

Glenn will ( should ) be gone before our pick in the 1st.
Originally posted by WildBill:
We need to get a player that plays guard and not projected to play guard because it will mean he has to learn to play the position. If we get a solid guard then Davis will flourish even more cause he will have someone watching his back.

Agreed, I think his experience of playing RG ( at an All American level ) can help the entire line in a HUGE way. Its one of the reasons I love him as our pick.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by crew:
Silatolu is rated 3rd best behind DeCastro and Zeitler and ahead of Osemele and Brooks.

you are forgetting Glenn

Glenn will ( should ) be gone before our pick in the 1st.

agree but I would be hard pressed to pass up on him if he fell....that kid is a mountain
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by crew:
Silatolu is rated 3rd best behind DeCastro and Zeitler and ahead of Osemele and Brooks.

you are forgetting Glenn

Glenn will ( should ) be gone before our pick in the 1st.

agree but I would be hard pressed to pass up on him if he fell....that kid is a mountain

OH HELL YEAH!!!!! If he's there Id take him over Zeitler, position change or not, dude's a BEAST!
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by crew:
Silatolu is rated 3rd best behind DeCastro and Zeitler and ahead of Osemele and Brooks.

you are forgetting Glenn

Glenn will ( should ) be gone before our pick in the 1st.

agree but I would be hard pressed to pass up on him if he fell....that kid is a mountain

OH HELL YEAH!!!!! If he's there Id take him over Zeitler, position change or not, dude's a BEAST!

Zeitler is the new name of the week...I like him but not in the 1st.

Only problem I have is having every guy on the OL being a 1st rounder....gonna get expensive down the road. Staley signed long term pretty cheap, will Davis and Iupati do the same?
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,312
If thats the only problem, its nothing to worry about, we have Mr.Marathe...one of the best contract/cap guys in the league

Im on the Zeitler Zamboni

Can plug him in a RG and forget about that spot for years
continue to develop Kilgore into a center/guard backup
Originally posted by cools:
If thats the only problem, its nothing to worry about, we have Mr.Marathe...one of the best contract/cap guys in the league

Im on the Zeitler Zamboni

Can plug him in a RG and forget about that spot for years
continue to develop Kilgore into a center/guard backup

you are forgetting about agents and players wanting to get paid....I don't see Iupati looking for major money but a guy like Crabtree would. Marathe can only do so much.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Zeitler is the new name of the week...I like him but not in the 1st.

Only problem I have is having every guy on the OL being a 1st rounder....gonna get expensive down the road. Staley signed long term pretty cheap, will Davis and Iupati do the same?

i want a skill position in first WR/TE trade up and take G in 2nd
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Zeitler is the new name of the week...I like him but not in the 1st.

Only problem I have is having every guy on the OL being a 1st rounder....gonna get expensive down the road. Staley signed long term pretty cheap, will Davis and Iupati do the same?

i want a skill position in first WR/TE trade up and take G in 2nd

Im with this guy, but...if we can get jarious wright later, let's take zeitler...


wait...I guess I'm 'not with this guy then...sorry bro
Seems like the right kind of player - lke Newberry.
he can be had in early 2nd round
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Zeitler is the new name of the week...I like him but not in the 1st.

Only problem I have is having every guy on the OL being a 1st rounder....gonna get expensive down the road. Staley signed long term pretty cheap, will Davis and Iupati do the same?

i want a skill position in first WR/TE trade up and take G in 2nd

Im with this guy, but...if we can get jarious wright later, let's take zeitler...


wait...I guess I'm 'not with this guy then...sorry bro


The problem may be that the best player is not be at a skill position. If a G is the best player and is much better than the guy you can get at 61...you take him. As for players becoming too expensive, you can't worry about that and have to just keep drafting wisely and picking up FAs as necessary. Baalke has shown that you can pick up a Rogers and due to the coaching and scheme he will prove to be better (or have a more productive year) than the higher priced name guys.

NE is a great example of this. They constantly acheive with really odd FAs...some very difficult characters, but they aren't afraid to cut them if they make waves. I see Harbaugh and Baalke as the same mold.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:


NE is a great example of this. They constantly acheive with really odd FAs...some very difficult characters, but they aren't afraid to cut them if they make waves. I see Harbaugh and Baalke as the same mold.

I dont want to be playing the "who is the new OL this year" game....I want 5 guys set for the next 10 years