There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rams got 3 first rounders from wash


Originally posted by elguapo:
Can't believe Sanchez got a 3 year 40 mil extension. Wow. And I thought Alex would sign for 8-9 mil a year

With escalator clauses, the deal could be $50 millon for 3 years. Think Tom Condon is noticing. Once he finishes Peyton's massive contract by the end of this weekend, the Niners are going to have to pony up big time money for Smith. I still think the deal will be in the range of 5 years, $52-60 million.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
With escalator clauses, the deal could be $50 millon for 3 years. Think Tom Condon is noticing. Once he finishes Peyton's massive contract by the end of this weekend, the Niners are going to have to pony up big time money.

Do you really think there are a lot of teams that will want Alex Smith? I doubt it. If he demands huge "big time" money I would let him test free agency.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by jreff22:
have a feeling Bradford gets hurt again

I have that same feeling with Alex Smith every time our o-line forgets to block.

The point is just like we went from 6-10 to just a few fumbles and a field goal away from the superbowl, don't underestimate the rams. I don't see them being more than a 6 or 7 win team next season, but then the following years they can easily build on that with this many picks. Hopefully by then we'll have our passing game in the top 10 otherwise there's a legit concern we could be passed up.
smith isnt greedy he wont ask for much more money he will be asking for years
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Do you really think there are a lot of teams that will want Alex Smith? I doubt it. If he demands huge "big time" money I would let him test free agency.

There are teams that will throw money his way, sure. The Cards, Seahawks, Chiefs, Browns could use an upgrade.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,839
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Can't believe Sanchez got a 3 year 40 mil extension. Wow. And I thought Alex would sign for 8-9 mil a year

With escalator clauses, the deal could be $50 millon for 3 years. Think Tom Condon is noticing. Once he finishes Peyton's massive contract by the end of this weekend, the Niners are going to have to pony up big time money for Smith. I still think the deal will be in the range of 5 years, $52-60 million.


Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
With escalator clauses, the deal could be $50 millon for 3 years. Think Tom Condon is noticing. Once he finishes Peyton's massive contract by the end of this weekend, the Niners are going to have to pony up big time money.

Do you really think there are a lot of teams that will want Alex Smith? I doubt it. If he demands huge "big time" money I would let him test free agency.


Cleveland?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
smith isnt greedy he wont ask for much more money he will be asking for years

That appears to be the sticking point right now, and I think Condon will get the five years for a lower annual amount compared to Sanchez.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by jreff22:
have a feeling Bradford gets hurt again

I have that same feeling with Alex Smith every time our o-line forgets to block.

The point is just like we went from 6-10 to just a few fumbles and a field goal away from the superbowl, don't underestimate the rams. I don't see them being more than a 6 or 7 win team next season, but then the following years they can easily build on that with this many picks. Hopefully by then we'll have our passing game in the top 10 otherwise there's a legit concern we could be passed up.

The following years they will have to start giving out 2nd contracts to thier previous top picks. Drafting in the early rounds year after year will cripple a team because they go from expensive contrtact to super expensive contract. Look at our biggest contracts that were drafted here (all high picks)..Willis, Vernon, (soon to be) Alex, although a cap is in place the cost is still significant and when all of those early guys are due...the Rams are going to be in cap hell and will have casualties.

Fisher is trying to make a statement but the NFC West defenses are getting attention.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Do you really think there are a lot of teams that will want Alex Smith? I doubt it. If he demands huge "big time" money I would let him test free agency.

There are teams that will throw money his way, sure. The Cards, Seahawks, Chiefs, Browns could use an upgrade.

I dont think Smith is much of an upgrade for either Arizona or KC . He managed an offense that was a run first offense. Very seldom did he put the Niners on his back and carry the team. I just dont see him getting huge money.
I think Alex may very well be gone. I dont think Baalke will budge much. Maybe a little but not a whole lot, and if another team swoops in and make alex an offer we wont match.....then what?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,839
I got a feeling their low balling him because they feel Kaep could do just a good a job.
Things are starting to get interesting...
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by mayo49:
I got a feeling their low balling him because they feel Kaep could do just a good a job.

Could very well be the case. Or at least they feel like they shouldn't make Alex's contract so big that we can't afford NOT to play him in favor of a potentially "better" Kaep.

He should be rewarded for helping us get so far, but at the same time he is the qb of like the 29th ranked passing attack lets be honest here. Only the coaches and baalke know how far along Kaepernick is and whether or not he can be counted on. We only saw him in preseason, he could have developed a lot as the season went on.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I got a feeling their low balling him because they feel Kaep could do just a good a job.

if they believed that they wouldnt sign him at all

the offer on the table is approx 10 mill a year you would save 8 mil if they went with kaep
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes and FIVE #1 picks and FOUR #2 picks in the next 3 years. Washington will suck with a rookie QB next year so the pick will be high. Unless the Rams totally screw this up they will be back.

redskins D is very good

they have decent WR they will be fine

And they play in the best division in football. I can easily see a 5-11 record.


Best division in football? I'm not sure about that