Originally posted by nickbradley:
My first all-round Mock
30. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - Jim Harbaugh loves to use the Tight End Position, and Fleener is an athletic Tight End who can get open over the middle AND downfield. Paired with VD, it will be very hard to stop us. Delanie Walker can be a good #3 TE, which we will do from time to time, and then we can let him go after the season.
62. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington - Some think he's a boom-bust pick, but I think his floor is as a rotational D-Lineman and his ceiling is at the all-pro level. Our coaching staff will get the most out of him, and he will rotate in slowly over his first two years.
93. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State - BPA Pick. Great value - we need a third back to split time with the others, esp. if Gore goes down. Also, Turbin is a good short yardage runner.
125. Senio Kelemete, G, Washington - He's projected to be there in the 4th round, and he's an athletic offensive lineman who can also fill in at OT if necessary. Great value here.
157. T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International - Speedy WR sat out the combine due to a quad injury. Will go higher if he blows up his pro day.
190. Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State - Depth in the Secondary
220. Greg McCoy, CB/KR, TCU - Another defensive back, with good return skills.
Im kinda in love with this draft, but id pass on Alameda Ta'amu and get Brian Quick in the second though. I dont feel that NT is big enough to address in the 2nd.
I love the Senio Kelemete pick, I have him and Brandon Brooks as my options in that round of my mock.
Robert Turbin is my draft crush. His phyique is very similar to that of Trent Richardson.
I love the T.Y Hilton pick as well, he's my 2nd option if Joe Adams is gone in that round. Hilton is such a shifty player and pretty dangerous in space.
And here's a very controversial pick but Im gonna say pass on mccoy and go for Cliff Harris(im mentally prepared for what everyone has to say about this pick). He can return kicks and he was a good corner but stock dropped due to off the field issues. I feel that being in SF could do wonders for his character. Being around a guy like Carlos Rogers and Vernon Davis might straighten out that kind of stuff.
I would pass on Trenton Robinson and get SS Duke Ihenacho here because I really like FS Mark Legree and I think he will find himself a roster spot when the season gets here.