There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you Trade up for David DeCastro?

Would you Trade up for David DeCastro?

Originally posted by schmons:
where is decastro slated to go in the draft? mid to late first round?

he could be a top 15 pick very easily
Would really like to solidify the OLine! I guess it would depend on how Kilgore is developing and whether the coaches think he can step in this year. Even with Kilgore though there is still a need for depth.
Will add that it would cost us our 2nd round pick to trade up for DeCastro at #15
No more oline in first round.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
looking at our current projected roster we actually only need 3 roster spots filled and 2 of those 3 are Guard and Center so I wouldn't bat an eyelash if we moved up for DeCastro and drafted a mid round center and wr.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
looking at our current projected roster we actually need 3 roster spots filled and 2 of those 3 are Guard and Center so I wouldn't bat an eyelash if we moved up for DeCastro and drafted a mid round guard and wr.

Dream Draft:

RD-1. Trade #62 to move up for DeCastro at #15
RD-3. Marvin Jones, WR, Cal (or Tommy Streeter if he falls)
RD-4. Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
looking at our current projected roster we actually need 3 roster spots filled and 2 of those 3 are Guard and Center so I wouldn't bat an eyelash if we moved up for DeCastro and drafted a mid round guard and wr.

Dream Draft:

RD-1. Trade #62 to move up for DeCastro at #15
RD-3. Marvin Jones, WR, Cal (or Tommy Streeter if he falls)
RD-4. Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State

Yep we'd have to add either our 3rd this year or next years 3rd for it to work though :o stupid draft value chart.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I voted yes because DeCastro is a once-a-decade guard prospect and would give us the best offensive line in the NFL.

him and Manning = 2 championships
Yep we'd have to add either our 3rd this year or next years 3rd for it to work though :o stupid draft value chart.

No; that's the old chart. I've seen updated charts that put a lot more value on second round picks. It's reflected in recent draft day trades.
No thanks because it would likely cost our 2013 first round pick to get him. The cost of trading up has become more expensive with this new rookie wage scale.
if he's as good as advertised i would
At this point i really, really think its a good idea. Arguably the only hole on our roster is at RG. As long as we dont have to make a incredibly
ridiculous trade to do it, why not?
Im wondering if this arguement for trading up for DeCastro can pick up some steam. We have finished free agency and only have Kilgore and Person in the mix. We have very few holes, and very few positions open on the roster anyway.

With our first rounder,it should be clear that we would target players who can step in Day 1; which would ruin my dream pick of Andre Branch (Clemson) because we're set at OLB starters.With that said, I can only see few positions on the team where we wont have to keep our 1st pick on the bench, and thats RG, C, TE and WR.

Konz or DeCastro can fill our interior line needs and if Decastro falls to say 18, 19..., then we have to decide if Coby Fleener is the guy because DeCastro is within reach.

I personally am not very high on DD, because I dont see too much drop in value from the first to mid rounds but it seems every analyst in the game is making him out to be the second coming.

It seems more realistic since we're still shopping for guards and have a huge hole to fill.
I'll bet to move from #30 to anywhere near the middle of the draft it would take #30 plus our 2013 first round pick. Is that worth consideration?

If we do that should we get a blue chip play maker instead?
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'll bet to move from #30 to anywhere near the middle of the draft it would take #30 plus our 2013 first round pick. Is that worth consideration?

If we do that should we get a blue chip play maker instead?

Im not so sure about getting a playmaker with the trade. If we're to trade a future high pick for a player, my thinking is that it should be for a player who can lock down a position for 8 to 10 years. And there are more oline men out there than wrs that can hold up for that time period.

Injury history and playing time would also be a factor in my decision to trade, obviously, and DeCastro seems well-rounded and worth future trades.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home