There are 265 users in the forums

Would you Trade up for David DeCastro?

Would you Trade up for David DeCastro?

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I would, yes, deep WR class we can still take a guy like Marvin Jones in the 3rd

Nice call.

It's either that or trade back. Let's say we traded back with Philly into the #51 and took OG Zeitler in exchange for the #77. We take NT Alameda Ta'amu at #62, WR Marvin Jones at #77, and RB Robert Turbin at #93. So our 3-round haul is:

G Kevin Zeitler
NT Alameda Ta'amu
WR Marvin Jones
RB Robert Turbin

Nice, very nice I'd be happy with this...
Tough call.

I see mocks with him going to Miami at #9.

He is special but I feel it's one of those scenarios that we'd have to give up too much when we can get a very good RG later and get more quality players too.
I vote no. Would be TOO expensive especially when this draft is so deep in WRs. That said, I would not be opposed to drafting Konz or Glenn if they fall to us (which I don't think they would).
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Depending on what we do in FA, this may not be an option.

if we resign Snyder, this plan is a nogo
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Why waste two picks on a Guard? Seriously, how many 1st and 2nd round picks do we have to spend on the O-line? Look at the Texans' O-Line, only their LT is a first round pick. The rest are a 6th two 3rd's and an undrafted FA. How about we let our now qualified coaching staff coach some of these guys up. Like Beeler, Kilgore or Person. Signing Nicks would even be better then trading up.

Another Idea I played with is signing and trading Larry Grant to the Eagles for picks.

http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

Sign and trade? Not the NBA bro.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I would, yes, deep WR class we can still take a guy like Marvin Jones in the 3rd

Nice call.

It's either that or trade back. Let's say we traded back with Philly into the #51 and took OG Zeitler in exchange for the #77. We take NT Alameda Ta'amu at #62, WR Marvin Jones at #77, and RB Robert Turbin at #93. So our 3-round haul is:

G Kevin Zeitler
NT Alameda Ta'amu
WR Marvin Jones
RB Robert Turbin

Would love that if we got say a Meachem in FA!
I voted no, because a team spending 4 1st rounders on their offensive line is absolutely retarded. Keep developing the guys they have, take another late-round prospect to develop.....etc.
I think if we can resign Snyder, and develop Kilgore, we're ok for now
No. We would have to give up way to much

Originally posted by strickac:
Trade up for Floyd if anything, not another lineman

For realz, Really don't want Zona to draft this kid. Would easily trade our first two picks for him. My # 1 ranked wideout in the draft
iupati and decastro?! what a duo they would dominate the trenches
No.....
You don't want an oline filled with all probowlers. Free agency and the cap won't allow you to keep them for to many years. We could not keep iuptai and decastro, and staley, and Goodwin and Davis. That's to many good playersin one grouping.
Here's another option I've seen in several mocks lately...that is, take Peter Konz, best C in the country, who could understudy Goodwin, but also slide over to upgrade RG in the interim. We'd get a two-for-one deal now, and when Konz takes over at C have an OG ready to replace him. If not, agree, trading down is better than up and Baalke can use the extra pick to fortify receiving corps, CB, interior OL, or RB.
Share 49ersWebzone