Breaking:
Round 4, Pick 15: 49ers trade up to select Utah RB Joe Williams

There are 729 users in the forums

Would you Trade up for David DeCastro?

Would you Trade up for David DeCastro?

Using the draft pick value calculator, I took a look to see how much it would cost to trade up with, say, Philadelphia at #15. Based on that calculator, we would have to send them our #1 and #2 in exchange for the #15 and the #119 (the Eagles 4th round pick).

We'd then land David DeCastro and still be able to take a quality WR in the 3rd round.

Another Idea I played with is signing and trading Larry Grant to the Eagles for picks.

http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm
I voted yes because DeCastro is a once-a-decade guard prospect and would give us the best offensive line in the NFL.
Oops wrong Boardman can you move to draft?

#mod
I voted no because, much as I like drafting linemen, both O and D, using up our first two picks on a guard is unnecessary. We can pick up a good developmental project with our 4th-ish and sign fairly cheaply a whiley old guard with a couple of years left in the tank.

Leaving the 1st and 2nd round picks for receivers, corners, safeties. I dont think using our first two picks on a guard represents value.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
I voted no because, much as I like drafting linemen, both O and D, using up our first two picks on a guard is unnecessary. We can pick up a good developmental project with our 4th-ish and sign fairly cheaply a whiley old guard with a couple of years left in the tank.

Leaving the 1st and 2nd round picks for receivers, corners, safeties. I dont think using our first two picks on a guard represents value.

this - DeCastro would be a great addition but would not warrant the use of 2 picks. I'd rather get a WR, CB, or OLB in the first.
Its worth the trade if he turns into Hutch...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Its worth the trade if he turns into Hutch...

My point is the worth of the team would be greater developing a RG behind a FA vet and taking two skill players in the first two rounds, than putting all the eggs in one basket.

But I like drafting OL. So I wouldnt cry.
Trade up for Floyd if anything, not another lineman
Originally posted by English:
My point is the worth of the team would be greater developing a RG behind a FA vet and taking two skill players in the first two rounds, than putting all the eggs in one basket.

But I like drafting OL. So I wouldnt cry.

Yeah, we're kind of in no-man's land for a guard at #30 -- too late for some prospects, too much of a reach for others.

Trade back, take Zeitler???
I would, yes, deep WR class we can still take a guy like Marvin Jones in the 3rd
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I would, yes, deep WR class we can still take a guy like Marvin Jones in the 3rd

Nice call.

It's either that or trade back. Let's say we traded back with Philly into the #51 and took OG Zeitler in exchange for the #77. We take NT Alameda Ta'amu at #62, WR Marvin Jones at #77, and RB Robert Turbin at #93. So our 3-round haul is:

G Kevin Zeitler
NT Alameda Ta'amu
WR Marvin Jones
RB Robert Turbin
if we get a WR (legit WR not a role WR) in FA ya i would

otherwise no its not worth multiple picks
I'd love to but think about the kinda cash we'd have to fork over down the road for DeCastro + Iupati. That frightens me!
Dominance, yes. Breaking the bank on a couple Gaurds...no thanks.
Depending on what we do in FA, this may not be an option.
If the bpa does not fill the needs of the niners I would rather have them trade down with the first pick, not up. Gaining a high 2 and 3, then possibly packaging both 3's to move into round 2, getting 3 players in the top 60.
Share 49erswebzone