Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 814 users in the forums

Would you Trade up for David DeCastro?

Browse 49ers books and videos

Would you Trade up for David DeCastro?

I voted yes because DeCastro is a once-a-decade guard prospect and would give us the best offensive line in the NFL.
Oops wrong Boardman can you move to draft?

#mod
I voted no because, much as I like drafting linemen, both O and D, using up our first two picks on a guard is unnecessary. We can pick up a good developmental project with our 4th-ish and sign fairly cheaply a whiley old guard with a couple of years left in the tank.

Leaving the 1st and 2nd round picks for receivers, corners, safeties. I dont think using our first two picks on a guard represents value.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by English:
I voted no because, much as I like drafting linemen, both O and D, using up our first two picks on a guard is unnecessary. We can pick up a good developmental project with our 4th-ish and sign fairly cheaply a whiley old guard with a couple of years left in the tank.

Leaving the 1st and 2nd round picks for receivers, corners, safeties. I dont think using our first two picks on a guard represents value.

this - DeCastro would be a great addition but would not warrant the use of 2 picks. I'd rather get a WR, CB, or OLB in the first.
Its worth the trade if he turns into Hutch...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Its worth the trade if he turns into Hutch...

My point is the worth of the team would be greater developing a RG behind a FA vet and taking two skill players in the first two rounds, than putting all the eggs in one basket.

But I like drafting OL. So I wouldnt cry.
Trade up for Floyd if anything, not another lineman
Originally posted by English:
My point is the worth of the team would be greater developing a RG behind a FA vet and taking two skill players in the first two rounds, than putting all the eggs in one basket.

But I like drafting OL. So I wouldnt cry.

Yeah, we're kind of in no-man's land for a guard at #30 -- too late for some prospects, too much of a reach for others.

Trade back, take Zeitler???
I would, yes, deep WR class we can still take a guy like Marvin Jones in the 3rd
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I would, yes, deep WR class we can still take a guy like Marvin Jones in the 3rd

Nice call.

It's either that or trade back. Let's say we traded back with Philly into the #51 and took OG Zeitler in exchange for the #77. We take NT Alameda Ta'amu at #62, WR Marvin Jones at #77, and RB Robert Turbin at #93. So our 3-round haul is:

G Kevin Zeitler
NT Alameda Ta'amu
WR Marvin Jones
RB Robert Turbin
if we get a WR (legit WR not a role WR) in FA ya i would

otherwise no its not worth multiple picks
I'd love to but think about the kinda cash we'd have to fork over down the road for DeCastro + Iupati. That frightens me!
Dominance, yes. Breaking the bank on a couple Gaurds...no thanks.
Depending on what we do in FA, this may not be an option.
If the bpa does not fill the needs of the niners I would rather have them trade down with the first pick, not up. Gaining a high 2 and 3, then possibly packaging both 3's to move into round 2, getting 3 players in the top 60.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone