There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2012 Webzone Collaborative Draft - ROUND 3 (Browns are on the clock)

I got the 2nd round set up... Look it over and let me know if changes need to be made. I'm not going to include the skins rams trade because it occured after westarted
[ Edited by modninerfan on Mar 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM ]
With the 30th pick of the 2012 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Coby Fleener, TE Stanford

After signing Cox and resigning Rogers, the CBs depth is well in tact and Jenkins is too much of a risk. After resigning OLB Brooks, the position is needed at depth so Branch is not worth it. All the top WRs for the first are gone and there is no reason to reach. The only other candidate is Still to compete for BPA on my Niner board. He would be a fine addition to the defense, but the fact is, our TE unit needs to be addressed for one single fact: Delaine Walker is a UFA after this season.

The wisest choice for the team will be to shore up that position given the nature and scheme of HarbaughRoman's offense, Fleener is a perfect fit. Harbaugh's offense depends on the TE position and after his work out, Coby Fleener stands as the #1 candidate in his class. His extension, incredibly soft yet very strong hands coupled with his measurables at 6'6", 245 plus his knowledge of Harbaugh's TE route tree provides an "instant" weapon. Harbaugh will be delighted that one of "his" own from college will join him.

Fleener will be able to contribute from day one.
oops dbl post
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM ]
Traveling, sorry for the sparse info. New England selects Penn St. DT Devon Still.
Since the top receivers are taken... I like your pick.
Nice pick tico!!!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Nice pick tico!!!

Oh how I hate you right now.

You stealing lil' b***h! Took Hill and Still and have the gaul to say "Nice pick tico!!!" It's like

I keed! Nice draft, really. Wow, how the star aligned for the Pats and Belich...I mean Ghost.

I had to man.

BTW, isn't that a pic that embodies what we need in the RZ? I really hope he's it.
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I got the 2nd round set up... Look it over and let me know if changes need to be made. I'm not going to include the skins rams trade because it occured after westarted

Looks good
FYI, the NYG are willing to trade their pick, PM me if interested
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Nice pick tico!!!

Oh how I hate you right now.

You stealing lil' b***h! Took Hill and Still and have the gaul to say "Nice pick tico!!!" It's like

I keed! Nice draft, really. Wow, how the star aligned for the Pats and Belich...I mean Ghost.

I had to man.

BTW, isn't that a pic that embodies what we need in the RZ? I really hope he's it.

Sorry man, had to do it! And yes, Fleener is exactly what we need especially if/when we sign another veteran WR!
^^^BTW, nice pick. Thought that Still or Mercilus would be the pick.

ChaunceyGardener is now OTC...

Pick already!!!!!

as noted above DL/Still was a strong consideration....thanks!
Perfect pick for SF, Tico!
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Thanks! I hope he really is the pick. Like you said, a perfect fit especially now with the WR FAs were pursuing and landed. Also, this is one of the better WR classes in a long time. Good prospects in almost each round.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Thanks! I hope he really is the pick. Like you said, a perfect fit especially now with the WR FAs were pursuing and landed. Also, this is one of the better WR classes in a long time. Good prospects in almost each round.

Right! Still want to see one more vet WR like Royal, Manningham, or possibly Lloyd... but if not, I'm cool with giving rookies some quick looks in 2012.

Marvin Jones instantly comes to mind, and in truth, Kyle Williams has shown some early promise as a slot receiving option.
(Assuming the deal with Alex gets done) If we sign another veteran WR and a veteran OG like Leonard Davis, it would open up the draft to any number of possibilities....so nailing down Smith, signing Davis and nabbing a guy like Manningham would literally allow us to go in any direction draft-wise and be totally fine.

3 more deals HarBaalYork!!!