There are 319 users in the forums

Who is the most wanted first rounder?

Who is the most wanted first rounder?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I love it when I see the Webzones choices narrowing down, most likely means one of them will be a 9er.
Wallace is prob better than any wr in this draft
whoever can help alex smith get a ring...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jeremy Jenkins WR Eastern Tennessee State.
Come on guys if all these guys are on the board when we pick at 30. Hands down Jenkins is the best player and plays a premium position. This guy really is a top 10-15 talent, I really doubt he'll be available when we pick.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-Money:
Come on guys if all these guys are on the board when we pick at 30. Hands down Jenkins is the best player and plays a premium position. This guy really is a top 10-15 talent, I really doubt he'll be available when we pick.

Ya but he'll be in jail before the season starts
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by smithc28:
I was going to put him in but I think if we want him we'll trade up our 2nd to get him

So they're going to trade up about 22-30 picks to draft a guy they could have gotten previously? Not sure what people are thinking but if Fleener makes it to the 49ers pick and they don't draft him, he's still going to be gone in the first 6-8 picks of Round 2.

He'll be gone by #32
Janoris Jenkins......Do you think that we are going to take a player that has had that many troubles. Last year, Baalke and Harbaugh agreed to a list of characteristics (team guys, high character players, football guys) so they don't even pick players especially not in the first round that are problem guys. I know Bowman had some issues but they picked him in the third. I think Janoris is on a different level.

Janoris Jenkins (born October 29, 1988) is an American football cornerback. He previously attended the University of Florida, but was dismissed from the team due to misconduct.

Jenkins became just the second true freshman in school history to start at cornerback on opening day. He was named to College Football News and Sporting News′ Freshman All-American team.[1]

Jenkins attended Pahokee High School, where he was recognized as a first-team Class 2B all-state selection and aParade magazine All-American as a senior in 2008. Rated a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Jenkins was listed as the sixth-best cornerback prospect in the nation.

On June 1, 2009, Jenkins was arrested near a bar by Gainesville Police for fighting and resisting arrest after punching a man in the head around 2 AM. Police were forced to use a taser on Jenkins after fighting escalated. When asked why the fight started, Jenkins told police it was because he thought someone was going to steal the gold chain around his neck.[2]

On April 23, 2011, Jenkins was cited by a Gainesville police officer and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. He was cited for the same violation in January 2011, and paid a $316 fine. He was arrested in May 2009 during a downtown Gainesville fight that resulted in probation and community service. On April 26, 2011, he was dismissed by the Florida Gators football team, due to his second drug related arrest in 3 months.[3]

Jenkins played his senior season at the University of North Alabama after signing an athletic grant-in-aid with the Lions. Jenkins played under North Alabama's head coach Terry Bowden.
Wallace is by far the best player but I'm assuming the Niners don't want to tie up that much money into one guy and I'm also assuming that Pittsburgh is going to keep him. They are unloading a bunch of contracts and Big Ben has already restructured his to free up money. I don't think wallace will be available.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I love it when I see the Webzones choices narrowing down, most likely means one of them will be a 9er.

We have all done a good job in the past with the draft as far as a WZ consensus goes and narrowing down who we will take (or at least look at).

Like the 07 Patrick Willis vs Carricker debate, Vernon Davis vs Hawk was big in 06, Alex vs Rodgers in 05 (a few like Edwards, Rolle, Johnson)....04 hard to remember but Wilfork now... some liked Andrews... maybe Clayton.... 08 we were wrong but McCloughan is the one that f'd up... not many liked the pick it was Desean and Quentin Groves....people didn't like the Chilo pick really either... 09 it was Crabtree, Raja, Orakpo, Oher (nobody was really wrong) 10 it was Iupati.. some liked Anthony Davis... some liked Bulaga... a bunch with CJ Spiller.... 11 we were off... it was many hoping for peterson, realistically amukamara, a few wanted gabbert,

Although, it's a lot harder to guess the pick at 30 than in the top 10.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM ]

Anyways, if I had to order them now that the OLB position is almost certain to be out of the running it would go something like (assuming all will be available even though they won't be).

1. Kendall Wright
2. Coby Fleener
3. Trade for Mike Wallace (Remember he will cost 50 million compared to a rookie at 8-10)
4. Trade Down Pick Up Extra 3rd (Select with 2 2nds: Criner/Streeter/McNutt+Boykin/Zeitler/Hayward/Hosley/J. Robinson/Minnifield)
5. Stephen Hill
6. Janoris Jenkins (if Rogers leaves)
7. Cordy Glenn
8. Peter Konz
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 4, 2012 at 7:08 AM ]
why is alshon jefferies not on the board?
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
why is alshon jefferies not on the board?

Alshon Jeffery...

And yeah, he added Coby Fleener and trade for Wallace after the poll had votes already. He should have took off Allen, Martin and Curry and put on Jeffery, Sanu/WR, Dennard, etc
i think this will be the niners big board (realistically in who might fall)

1. wright
2. fleener
3. hill
4. konz (glenn +decastro no chance at 30)
5. randle
1. Wallace
2. Fleener
3. Hill

Share 49ersWebzone