LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

"Tape"

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
In the context on this forum, though. Isn't it just semantics? No need to get so stuck on terms. Everybody knows the meaning of the phrase when posed to eachother on this board.

Really... the use of "doe", "dem", "dat" is much more annoying.

U mad, doe
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
What did he say? I'm busy watching tape

To play the devils advocate, if you have an idea of what to look for you can watch even the highlights and see things one way or the other. Really the result of the play isn't as important as how made it happen. Is the receiver extending his hands and catching th ball away from his body, or is he more often letting it into his body. Is the QB hitting that wide open receiver in stride or is the ball a little off so that if he was just NFL open would it have still been a catch? Is the DE getting to that QB with one move each time or is he using multiple moves? Ect.

Does it give you all the info? No but it gives you something to look at when you watch a game or see specials on NFL network. You can also look at other people analysis and see if they agree with what you saw.

Now I've been dead wrong about guys before. I thought Pat White would develop into a very good pro. Of course that same year I was attacked for saying mark sanchez had accuracy issues, which have proven true as he has one of the worst completion percentages in the league and turns the ball over at a high rate.

The people who post a lot on this board work hard for nothing to provide some insight and they put themselves out there for ridicule when they are wrong. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to click on the threads. Remember the guys gettong paid miss pretty often too.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
To play the devils advocate, if you have an idea of what to look for you can watch even the highlights and see things one way or the other. Really the result of the play isn't as important as how made it happen. Is the receiver extending his hands and catching th ball away from his body, or is he more often letting it into his body. Is the QB hitting that wide open receiver in stride or is the ball a little off so that if he was just NFL open would it have still been a catch? Is the DE getting to that QB with one move each time or is he using multiple moves? Ect.

Does it give you all the info? No but it gives you something to look at when you watch a game or see specials on NFL network. You can also look at other people analysis and see if they agree with what you saw.

Now I've been dead wrong about guys before. I thought Pat White would develop into a very good pro. Of course that same year I was attacked for saying mark sanchez had accuracy issues, which have proven true as he has one of the worst completion percentages in the league and turns the ball over at a high rate.

The people who post a lot on this board work hard for nothing to provide some insight and they put themselves out there for ridicule when they are wrong. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to click on the threads. Remember the guys gettong paid miss pretty often too.

Again, I apologize to the people who watch these things and post a lot of insight. It was not meant for you. Specifically I'm irritated at several people who have fallen in love with combine numbers, and defend their views by claiming that it's "tape" and not combine numbers that impresses them. I don't mean offense to those that analyzed the best resources available to them
Didn't watch tape, lol
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
ESPN3 anybody?
This, I love the replay feature. Most nights there is nothing on the tube that I like to watch so I go back to all the college games and pick the ones with players I want to watch. Fast forward thru the commercials, other teams offense if I'm watching the defensive player, etc. During the season many of the teams are featured every weekend. Great way to get a feel for a particular player. Not perfect, but far better than being without football. During the college season that amounts to 1 or two games a night plus weekends if I'm not on the golf course.
Originally posted by boomer49er:

You are NOT my advocate

And I get ridiculed all the time
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM ]
It's just as obnoxious when the amateur scouts anoint guys as first rounders based on the combine or 40 times.

Ultimately, I'll defer to McShay, Kiper, etc. until draft day, and then I'll defer to Baalke and Harbaugh.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Gosh Dangit! I was watching the wrong tape!

Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
It's just as obnoxious when the amateur scouts anoint guys as first rounders based on the combine or 40 times.

Ultimately, I'll defer to McShay, Kiper, etc. until draft day, and then I'll defer to Baalke and Harbaugh.

It annoys me people rely on McShay and Kiper so much.

McShay had RG3 projecting as a WIDE RECIEVER, lol. Yet people think his opinion is more valuable then some of us amateurs. I wouldn't be surprised if guys like McShay or Kiper get a lot of their info from the amateur sites onthe web.

Guys on this board like MadDog or OTC have a proven track record with their accuracy on draft day, even better then McShay and Kiper.

Me and Mike gotta go watch the tape

I watch Playbook on NFL Network so I must know more than everyone because I've watched the tape (of like 5 plays a week).
Ya Please no Mark Roman
Share 49ersWebzone