LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

NFL draft magazines

when do the nfl draft magazines start to hit the news stands?does any one know if there out already?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
probably sometime in March... Sporting News is usually the last to release them, but Athlon? They are always first
I'm also wondering when they come out. Looking into getting Phil Steele's.
the best one is always the pro football weekly one
Originally posted by sanjose49erfan:

I enjoy them all to be honest. I usually get a copy of each of the major companies, PFW, Athlon, USA Today, etc...

I also like when college football comes around is Phil Steele's College edition, he has so much info into a 8.99 mag that is like 300+ pages, compared to other mags that are like 130 pages max. And there like 7.99.
Originally posted by sanjose49erfan:

is out march 27--i think this is the best too
Don't waste your money. The ones I've seen are a joke and I question whether they know anything about the prospects.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Don't waste your money. The ones I've seen are a joke and I question whether they know anything about the prospects.

Ouch Care to offer alternatives? Personally I use PFW and Lindy's. i believe Lindy's will be on the stands in early Mar.
[ Edited by ishkabibel on Mar 1, 2012 at 6:34 AM ]
Of course some of the mags aren't as good as even some of the things on here, but its nice to see some other opinions. I have to have something to read on the can. I like PFW and Lindy's which has the nfldraftscout profiles. Sporting News is usually bad. Lindy was supposed to be out March 1st. I'm going to look for it at lunch. PFW was supposed to be out, but I didn't see it last week. I orderd the PDF version of the mag online. It's nice this year they break out their rankings not just the number one WR. It's the no one split end and the number one flanker. Similary, they have the top power backs, etc. PFW does have the complete book at the end of the month.
I usualy get Frank Coyle's draftinsiders book then. It's all PDF files also.
The good ones include combine numbers! So u figure at least a couple of weeks away from printing

For the people that wanted to know, PFW and Lindy's are out now.

On that note, have you thought about starting your own mag with a guy like MadDog and GOFD? You could probably make some pretty good money if you could get it going. Unfortantly, most people probably dont even realize that the "gurus" really aren't gurus...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Lindy's is the best IMO, they give the most details with the most prospects.

I tend to agree that some of the mags, especially Sporting News, are hideous. Most are just terribly outdated.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by jobiwon:
For the people that wanted to know, PFW and Lindy's are out now.

Thanks. According to Lindy's website theirs won't hit the stands til Mar 6. dunno
Share 49ersWebzone