There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kendall Wright's poor 40 due to bad track stance?

According to Adam Caplan it is: http://nfltraderumors.co/in-defense-of-baylor-wr-kendall-wright/
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
According to Adam Caplan it is: http://nfltraderumors.co/in-defense-of-baylor-wr-kendall-wright/

I believe it. Seems like every vid of that guy I've watched he was one, if not the, fastest guy on the field.
40 times are fkn stupid. IMO, have them put on pads and run a double move corner route. Time that for every receiver.
when is his pro day?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

You could say the same thing about a lot of these guys. I'm sure this is why Mayock keeps insisting on going back to the game film.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
This is what bugs me about the combine, IMO if you really want to know how fast the guy will be on the football field you should have each player start in as close to the real pre-snap stance they use on the field.

WRs standing up one foot behind the other
RBs flatfooted shoulder width apart
DL one hand in the dirt and leaning on their toes
etc

the fact that we have them starting at a stance that is totally irrelevant to football only increases the disparity between the trackstar athletes and the football players.
dont tell sundevel he thinks wright is slow
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
40 times are fkn stupid. IMO, have them put on pads and run a double move corner route. Time that for every receiver.

I agree. It's been proven I don't know how many times that 40 times don't necessarily translate to game speed. Kind of like the Wonderlic. Everyone knows it's pretty much pointless but they keep doing it anyway.
[ Edited by baltien on Feb 29, 2012 at 7:35 AM ]
Dude is fast on the field, i hope this makes him fall to us
Originally posted by valrod33:

It shouldn't cuz "the eye in the sky don't lie"
Mario Manningham timed just as poorly at the combine...I think things have worked out well for him.

we don't need another 5'10" WR.

GIMME HILL!

GIMME HILL!
We will need one once we cut Kyle Williams, duh.

I want Hill too but I think he will be gone before we pick

GIMME HILL!
We will need one once we cut Kyle Williams, duh.

I want Hill too but I think he will be gone before we pick

Don't say that!
I say we find out what the 40 times of all the DB's he's burning in his highlights are. Let's see if they at All 4.6 guys too