There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rams to trade #2 pick

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7622088/2012-nfl-draft-st-louis-rams-decide-trade-no-2-overall-pick-sources-say
Originally posted by valrod33:
This, its gonna be the whole Peyton Manning vs Ryan Leaf thing all over again. Andrew Luck= Peyton Manning

LOL wow man. If you have ever seen an RG3 interview you would know Leaf couldn't hold his jock. Hes a good guy , great teammate, and a phenomenal player
Browns
Originally posted by spizzy:
This, its gonna be the whole Peyton Manning vs Ryan Leaf thing all over again. Andrew Luck= Peyton Manning

LOL wow man. If you have ever seen an RG3 interview you would know Leaf couldn't hold his jock. Hes a good guy , great teammate, and a phenomenal player

You think the niners might trade up for RGIII, anything you say is invalid bro

I don't think that, I was merely asking the question of whether it was possible because of news I had heard earlier. Comparing RG3 to Leaf makes anything YOU say invalid
Obvious from the start. When there's a elite qb on the board and you don't need him you trade the pick and take the package of picks coming.

I don't think that, I was merely asking the question of whether it was possible because of news I had heard earlier. Comparing RG3 to Leaf makes anything YOU say invalid
Oh you mean the news that we interviewed RGIII, and the fact that RGIII said it seemed like we were trying to get info on his boy Kendall Wright, yup that means we are gonna trade up to the number 2 spot to draft this guy

In no way am I comparing the styles of play of RGII and Leaf just the situation, clear cut guy number 1 each time in Luck and Peyton but some guy has a monster year and all of sudden there is debate about which QB is better
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by susweel:
RG 3 is gonna bust in the nfl.

Because....

I just get the vibe and sometimes my vibe is right (example see: Newton, Cam) and sometimes the vibe is wrong.
Oh you mean the news that we interviewed RGIII, and the fact that RGIII said it seemed like we were trying to get info on his boy Kendall Wright, yup that means we are gonna trade up to the number 2 spot to draft this guy

In no way am I comparing the styles of play of RGII and Leaf just the situation, clear cut guy number 1 each time in Luck and Peyton but some guy has a monster year and all of sudden there is debate about which QB is better

Again, I didn't say it means anything. It was just a question. And it was in regards to the interview Peter King did on NFL network where he said a low picking team with a comfortable qb situation is having discussions about it. I never said I thought it could be us, I said what if.

And the reason Leaf flopped was because he was a d******d. RG3 is more than a 1 year wonder, he's had 3 good seasons with the last one being the heisman. Not much to compare if you ask me
I just get the vibe and sometimes my vibe is right (example see: Newton, Cam) and sometimes the vibe is wrong.

My nanna Caroline's elbow hurts before it rains
[ Edited by spizzy on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM ]
Of course they were going to trade it. They can't trade Bradford because of the cap hit they'd take, and they're not going to keep it. This isn't even a rumor, it's friggin obvious lol. RG3 is gonna be legit though, I honestly feel like anyone thinking he'll be a bust is insane. He is insanely talented.

My nanna Caroline's elbow hurts before it rains

spizzy you had a nanny????? f**kin lucky dude
Smart move by them. There's not real "homerun" players they can take at #2 other than Kalil by trading back slightly, they'll still get a damn good player and a bunch of other picks in two very deep drafts, this one and next year's.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
spizzy you had a nanny????? f**kin lucky dude

nah its just what i call my grandma haha
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Of course they were going to trade it. They can't trade Bradford because of the cap hit they'd take, and they're not going to keep it. This isn't even a rumor, it's friggin obvious lol. RG3 is gonna be legit though, I honestly feel like anyone thinking he'll be a bust is insane. He is insanely talented.

Dont think he will be a bust talentwise, and he is definitly a class act. But his style of play leads to some big hits, and Im not entirely sold he will consistently play out more than a season due to injuries. Definitly see one or two amazing years from him, but athletic QB's aren't "cutting edge" any more like when Vick first walked in the league and defenses have adjusted. That on top of the hits he most likely will take, and at the end of his first contract my guess is there will be a debate about whether he justified where he was picked due to injuries not allowing him on the field.