There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Tyrann Mathieu Bandwagon Thread (2013 Draft)

  • KK49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 141
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Tyrann likes Tyrann very much. Prime Time pumped him up way too much during the broadcast. He was mediocre for most of the session. Mediocre and troubled past is not a pretty combo. Four reps at 225....that was beyond lame.

wow. Average joes at the gym can do better then that.

I'm 5'6 155 and I can do around 8 reps of 225 lol there is no excuse for four reps
decreased lung capacity. how was his forthy???
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,259
49ers secondary coach Ed Donatell had some one-on-one time with Tyrann Mathieu at the NFL Combine

49ers DB coach Ed Donatell was chatting with ex-LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu between drills. Mathieu smiled and gave Donatell pat on his back. Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN) February 26, 2013
Originally posted by jimrat:
49ers secondary coach Ed Donatell had some one-on-one time with Tyrann Mathieu at the NFL Combine

49ers DB coach Ed Donatell was chatting with ex-LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu between drills. Mathieu smiled and gave Donatell pat on his back. Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN) February 26, 2013

Ed: "Come on Tyrann even I can bench 225 more than that"

Tyrann: "n***a I'm high!"
What if we got both Teo and Mathieu... AND Keenan Allen...
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
What if we got both Teo and Mathieu... AND Keenan Allen...

Cully don't like Teo's kind
this kid has an elite start stop 2nd gear when he's on punt returns.

i can't assess his cb skills as that is tough to do on youtube as there is no eye in the sky....but he makes plays and he certainly plays much faster than that 40 time
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
What if we got both Teo and Mathieu... AND Keenan Allen...

Cully don't like Teo's kind

Easy answer to this one. No.
Where is this kid projected to be picked? With the amount of draft picks we have, I dont see the issue with rolling the dice and picking him. In fact, I REALLY want us to. There is absolutely no harm in trying it. If we dont trade any of our 15 picks, over half of those guys will be cut or PS'd anyways.
Originally posted by TheStick45:
Where is this kid projected to be picked? With the amount of draft picks we have, I dont see the issue with rolling the dice and picking him. In fact, I REALLY want us to. There is absolutely no harm in trying it. If we dont trade any of our 15 picks, over half of those guys will be cut or PS'd anyways.

Alot of teams after the Combine like this kid from what I heard and were impressed I don't see a problem if he is 3rd/4th round imo
I may even pull the trigger if this kid is available late in the 4th...maybe..
  • KK49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 141
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Been on the bandwagon since his freshmen year. He's worth a 1st but luckily he'll probably drop to day 2. Niners need to do whatever it takes to draft him


Originally posted by SF69ers:
I may even pull the trigger if this kid is available late in the 4th...maybe..

i would give up 3 rd pick for him.. first i hated the idea ( thought he 'd be faster and stronger) but now after seatle gettin harvin. we need him bad..
someone would take a chance on him and strike gold... too bad SF usually dont make moves like that..
Originally posted by KK49:
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Been on the bandwagon since his freshmen year. He's worth a 1st but luckily he'll probably drop to day 2. Niners need to do whatever it takes to draft him


Originally posted by SF69ers:
I may even pull the trigger if this kid is available late in the 4th...maybe..

i would give up 3 rd pick for him.. first i hated the idea ( thought he 'd be faster and stronger) but now after seatle gettin harvin. we need him bad..
someone would take a chance on him and strike gold... too bad SF usually dont make moves like that..

i don't necessarily think we "need him bad." there are other defensive players that can make a play against Harvin. why you consider Mathieu a player that can stop Harvin is a question mark to me.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 141
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by KK49:
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Been on the bandwagon since his freshmen year. He's worth a 1st but luckily he'll probably drop to day 2. Niners need to do whatever it takes to draft him


Originally posted by SF69ers:
I may even pull the trigger if this kid is available late in the 4th...maybe..

i would give up 3 rd pick for him.. first i hated the idea ( thought he 'd be faster and stronger) but now after seatle gettin harvin. we need him bad..
someone would take a chance on him and strike gold... too bad SF usually dont make moves like that..

i don't necessarily think we "need him bad." there are other defensive players that can make a play against Harvin. why you consider Mathieu a player that can stop Harvin is a question mark to me.

true, i see what u mean, u never know how he turns out . .. and i really dont know what sf think of him and how he can fit the system, but i see a football player that plays with heart, relentless ( may be coz he was so high all the time,... kiddin ) my point actually was that our team r never willing to make those choices.. we play too safe . and sometimes it shows ( especially on defence)
After today's trade I believe the need for a player like Mathieu becomes very evident. The Niners need somebody to cover Harvin and receivers like him but need a punt returner. With Boldin cap space becomes very tight, thus we will most likely see the special team need addressed through the draft. And why not take Honey Badger, you kill 2 birds with one stone.