There are 163 users in the forums

Kiper's Latest Mock

Originally posted by dmitch:
i guess everybody else on here uses their real names? LOL but seriously he is my younger brother. just like reading up on him on different teams boards. first one i have posted on however

Well, If you are who you say you are then congrats on your brothers success, im sure you are proud of him. I hope he is wearing a 49ers jersey next year, I like his game
thanks, much appreciated. and no worries. i caught the same treatment when i first started posting on LSU boards when he committed there
i guess everybody else on here uses their real names? LOL but seriously he is my younger brother. just like reading up on him on different teams boards. first one i have posted on however

Congrats to your bro, hope his combine training goes well.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Well, If you are who you say you are then congrats on your brothers success, im sure you are proud of him. I hope he is wearing a 49ers jersey next year, I like his game

co sign
Originally posted by 5280High:

it is going quite well. he is training in New orleans with Wyatt harris along with a few other players headed to the combine. last week he ran a 4.44 and a 4.46.

it is going quite well. he is training in New orleans with Wyatt harris along with a few other players headed to the combine. last week he ran a 4.44 and a 4.46.

Tell him to run it a little slower, that way we can draft him at 30
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

Tell him to run it a little slower, that way we can draft him at 30
+1

edit: how would RR feel about coming here if we picked him? He want to be a 49er?
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Feb 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'm a big fan of his, kind of depends on what he does at the combine though.

sadly if he kills the combine a 6'4" 20 yr old will get picked before 30. thats why i hate picking so damn low unless its 32

I agree. 6'4" and 20 and huge upside will go higher. Especially if he runs fast. I doubt he's available at #30.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'm a big fan of his, kind of depends on what he does at the combine though.

sadly if he kills the combine a 6'4" 20 yr old will get picked before 30. thats why i hate picking so damn low unless its 32

I agree. 6'4" and 20 and huge upside will go higher. Especially if he runs fast. I doubt he's available at #30.

Everyone is speculating he goes before we even get to pick now... How many WR's does everyone think will be picked in the 1st round? How many other 2nd tier (just outside of elite) WR's are gonna have great 40's at the combine? There are other draftable positions in the top 30 picks, 3 of the top 30 are already locked in at WR, 2 at QB, 4-5 offensive linemen, anywhere from 6-9 DE, DT, or 3-4 OLB's (combined), 1-2 LB's, and anywhere from 5-7 DB's based off most draft boards. Giving a range of 21 to 28 picks just about set in stone based on BPA, allowing upwards of 9 spots left open before our pick.

Those 9 spots could go any # of ways, but theres still Fleener or Allen (most likely one TE will go in top 30), Ashlon, combine studs, Burfict, teams reaching for Tannehill and other players. There could very well be a run on receivers, but with the high miss rate for 1st round WR's it's not as likely as say a run on DB's or Tackles. IMO the run on receivers will happen, but it wont be until the early-mid 2nd round when teams are wheeling and dealing to move into a position to get "their guy" without giving him a 1st round label. Just my $.02.
+1

edit: how would RR feel about coming here if we picked him? He want to be a 49er?

i will say this. this is one of the four boards i have visited. he would love to be a 49er. the bears, patriots and texans are the other teams that have been mentioned. i live in houston and would love the texans of course, but feel this would be a better fit for him in san fran

+1

i will say this. this is one of the four boards i have visited. he would love to be a 49er. the bears, patriots and texans are the other teams that have been mentioned. i live in houston and would love the texans of course, but feel this would be a better fit for him in san fran

Nice, we would love to have him here. He might even get to step in right away and start because 3 of our WRs are free agents.
If we draft a WR with the 1st round pick he will be expected to start from day 1.
Come on Baalke!!!!! Gimme fleener in the first, this guy in the second, and hill in the third!!!! My dream draft.
+1

those are the other teams that worry me picking him in front of us, those teams no doubt will be looking for a wr
Originally posted by lamontb:
To a lot of teams and their scouting departments that's what this whole process is about. That's why these guys are constantly being measured. They can look at tape any time to determine production. But if you were to base things off production you would miss out on tons of guys in the draft b/c everybody doesn't play in a productive system in college. Calvin Johnson is the poster child for that. Playing in a option offense limited his production. Or look at Crabtree and his production. He played in a system that was conducive to him being extremely productive. And you can easily name 6 less productive college wr's that are all better than him, that had better measurables. And all drafted after him. And it definitely goes both ways. There have been countless guys that were drafted on measurables and potential over production and were busts. Right or wrong a lot of gm's and scouts live by a certain criteria of measurables. Kiper knows this and that's why he does that. I think a great number of ppl fall in love with a guys size and speed and forget about the tape. To me it needs to be a combination of both,If a guy has all that measurbles then he should have been productive. So when a guy isn't that is also a concern. But it's what makes this so interesting to see how each individual turns out.

I agree it's gotta be both, otherwise Jordan White would be the #1 draft pick based on production.

But even for your CJ example.. his last year he had 1200 yards, 76 receptions, and 15 TDs with a glorified running back throwing him the ball. Obviously megatron is a freak and no one even comparable to his measurables and production has come out since. But if we are talking 1st round grades for WR's, even with a revolving door at QB one would like to see more consistency at the college ranks before taking him at 30 even if he blows the doors off his 40 time.
I had typed that as I left work yesterday and was thinking to myself on the way home that CJ was kinda a bad example b/c he did have good numbers his last year. Regarding Randle it's hard to judge b/c LSU's quarterback situation was a disaster.

Also you are correct in that you just never know what position will start flying off the board. Just talent wise it would appear that this year it would be a run of Wr's. But you just never know. And imagine if they lose Rogers and there is a run on wr's. That might leave a CB sitting right there for the picking.

Let's not forget .40 times drive folks insane. folks will overact on a time that's fast and a time that is slow. It's just the nature of the draft
[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 16, 2012 at 1:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone