There are 635 users in the forums
MAV MOCK! Pre-combine v1.0
Feb 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,110
I like it, wish we can keep Ginn and Brooks. Love the picks, Fleener is a good TE, Curry is one of my favs, though he may not make it all the way to end of round 2, if he doesnt look at Bruce Irvin and Andre Branch. Hill i would love, hope he falls, and Nix is a good Guard.
Feb 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM
- Travisty13
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,269
You drafted Stephen Hill, you sold me right there.
Feb 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM
- Shorteous
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,299
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I like it, wish we can keep Ginn and Brooks. Love the picks, Fleener is a good TE, Curry is one of my favs, though he may not make it all the way to end of round 2, if he doesnt look at Bruce Irvin and Andre Branch. Hill i would love, hope he falls, and Nix is a good Guard.
Would rather let Haralson go and use his money to help retain Brooks
Feb 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,821
Would love those first three picks for the 49ers draft! Really want Fleener and Hill
Feb 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM
- 49ersalldaway126
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,549
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would love those first three picks for the 49ers draft! Really want Fleener and Hill
this that would be beaststephen hill has CJ like athlethicisim
unfortuantly he doesnt have hands or the production which makes him a boom or bust but definitally worth the risk
Feb 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM
- JustinNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,762
Some criticisms:
-vinny curry wont fall to us in the 2nd
-if we dont sign anyone big from another team in FA then i think we have enough money to resign brooks esp. since we will cut spencer
-wheres CJ spillman?
-its blake costanzo...anthony costanzo is the lineman from the colts
-i would like to 2nd rd tender larry grant. many teams will pay him more than we will so lets get something out of it
-vinny curry wont fall to us in the 2nd
-if we dont sign anyone big from another team in FA then i think we have enough money to resign brooks esp. since we will cut spencer
-wheres CJ spillman?
-its blake costanzo...anthony costanzo is the lineman from the colts
-i would like to 2nd rd tender larry grant. many teams will pay him more than we will so lets get something out of it
Feb 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM
- marshulk
- Veteran
- Posts: 45,242
Anthoney castanzo lol
Feb 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Anthoney castanzo lol
lol this lol
Feb 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,110
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Some criticisms:
-vinny curry wont fall to us in the 2nd
-if we dont sign anyone big from another team in FA then i think we have enough money to resign brooks esp. since we will cut spencer
-wheres CJ spillman?
-its blake costanzo...anthony costanzo is the lineman from the colts
-i would like to 2nd rd tender larry grant. many teams will pay him more than we will so lets get something out of it
I prefer the 2nd round tender but I also prefer to keep Grant.
Feb 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM
- martysofresh
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,377
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:yeahh, ive been hearing things about Hill having absolute bricks for hands as well
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would love those first three picks for the 49ers draft! Really want Fleener and Hill
this that would be beaststephen hill has CJ like athlethicisim
unfortuantly he doesnt have hands or the production which makes him a boom or bust but definitally worth the risk
Feb 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM
- TheGoldDiggerrrr
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,073
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Some criticisms:
-vinny curry wont fall to us in the 2nd
-if we dont sign anyone big from another team in FA then i think we have enough money to resign brooks esp. since we will cut spencer
-wheres CJ spillman?
-its blake costanzo...anthony costanzo is the lineman from the colts
-i would like to 2nd rd tender larry grant. many teams will pay him more than we will so lets get something out of it
I prefer the 2nd round tender but I also prefer to keep Grant.
Fine, can we fire harlson first?
Feb 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM
- nw9erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,497
I would love it if the draft unfolds this way but realistically......this is more in line with reality......with respect to your positions and slots...
Round 1 (pick 30) TE Coby Fleener Stanford
Round 2 (pick 62) WR Stephen Hill G Tech
Round 3 (pick 93) OLB Cam Johnson Virginia
Round 4 (pick 125) OG Lucas Nix Pitt
Personally, I would prefer this...
Round 1 TE Coby Fleener Stanford
Round 2 WR Brian Quick App. State
Round 3 OG Brandon Brooks Miami (OH)
Round 4 RB Robert Turbin Utah St.
Cheers!
Round 1 (pick 30) TE Coby Fleener Stanford
Round 2 (pick 62) WR Stephen Hill G Tech
Round 3 (pick 93) OLB Cam Johnson Virginia
Round 4 (pick 125) OG Lucas Nix Pitt
Personally, I would prefer this...
Round 1 TE Coby Fleener Stanford
Round 2 WR Brian Quick App. State
Round 3 OG Brandon Brooks Miami (OH)
Round 4 RB Robert Turbin Utah St.
Cheers!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Feb 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM ]
Feb 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM
- Kronos2560
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,243
Originally posted by nw9erfan:Dont you mean
I would love it if the draft unfolds this way but realistically......this is more in line with reality......with respect to your positions and slots...
Round 1 (pick 30) TE Coby Fleener Stanford
Round 2 (pick 62) WR Stephen Hill G Tech
Round 3 (pick 93) OLB Cam Johnson Virginia
Round 4 (pick 125) OG Lucas Nix Pitt
Personally, I would prefer this...
Round 1 TE Coby Fleener Stanford
Round 2 WR Brian Quick App. State
Round 3 OG Brandon Brooks Miami (OH)
Round 4 RB Robert Turbin Utah St.
Cheers!![]()
Round 1 WR Justin Blackmon
Round 2-7 All traded to the Rams Mike Ditka/Saints style.
Feb 11, 2012 at 2:07 AM
- GorefullBore
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,449
Originally posted by mavfd9er:
Okay this is my first mock of the year. I'm really excited to see what the FO is going to do. I think this would help w/ the last few missing pieces. Let me know what you guys think.
Free Agency: I think most the the emphysis is going to be to resigns our own guys. I would be very surprised if we made any sort of splash because we only have approx 30mil cap space b4 FA.
Resign:
Alex Smith- 3-4yr contract w/ lots of incentive clauses.
Carlos Rodgers- He has said he wants to come back and at a slight discount. If he's willing to do a 4yr deal then I think he'll be on board.
Josh Morgan- Not gonna be a long term deal. 1-3yrs so he can prove himself after his injury. Won't break the back either.
Larry Grant- Most believe he will be gone but I think we'll make a strong case to retain him. A quality backup that can play either ted or mike.
Ted Gin- I would be surprised if we let him walk. He will test the market but I strongly doubt a team is going to pay him to play WR. He is a return specialist and will be compensated as such.
Anthoney Costanzo: ST stud that should come cheap.
Tag: Dashon Goldson: All signs point to this happening.
Walk:
Adam Snyder: I would love to see him stay but I see him being one of our big cap causalities. Someone will overpay for him and it shouldn't be us.
Ahmad Brooks: Another solid player that I would love to have back. His abilities come at a premium and he is gonna get paid. A cap causality that will be missed.
Chilo Rachal: Worse RG ever! I wish we would sign him to a 1 day contract just so we can have the pleasure of cutting him.
Sign:
Mike Adams, FS, Cleveland: A decent back up to have. I see us adding a 2nd or 3rd tier safety for depth. Adams seems to fit that bill.
Draft:
Round 1:
Coby Fleener, TE, 6'6" 248lbs, Stanford: I have really warmed up to the idea of adding another pass catching tight end. Very
complete and pro ready. The pick seems to make sense. Harbaugh loves using TE's and he obviously is familiar with his abilities. This alone would create some big match up problems for defenses and help our offense in an area it really struggled; red zone efficiency.
Round 2:
Vinny Curry, OLB, 6'3" 265lbs, Marshall: Not a flashy pick but solid IMO. Gonna need to spend a high pick to replace Brooks if he walks. Sets the edge well in the run, can drop into coverage, can pressure the QB, and play in nickle packages. Excellent value for the end of the 2nd round.
Round 3:
Stephen Hill, WR,1 6'4" 206lbs, Georgia Tech: Some may say this is a reach but I honestly believe he is gonna raise up the draft boards after the combine. A home run hitter that can keep the safety's honest. That's exactly what he did in Georgia Tech's option run game.
Round 4:
Lucas Nix, OG, 6'6" 310lbs, Pitt- I would be surprised to see someone argue that RG isn't a position of need. Even if Snyder returns we will need to find a long term starter and I'm not willing to wait and see if Kilgore develops. Nix is an experienced linemen who is a great run blocker and play's with mean streak. Play's with good leverage despite his height.
Round 5-7 BPA/Depth
Thanks for reading!
at you for calling Blake Costanzo Anthony( The Colts rookie OT) j/k, I'm sue it was a honest mistake.I would rather have Brian Quick than Stephen Hill. Other than that I would take it.


