LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 173 users in the forums

Do we draft Alshon Jeffery at #30?

I think so...he has the rare combination of size, speed and toughness. He torched one of the highest rated CB's in the country, Nebraska's Alfonzo Dennard for 148 yds and a TD. His numbers would arguably have been better, but Spurrier had some inconsistencies at the QB position. Couple him with Coby Fleener in the 2nd rd and Alex has two big targets that should really upgrade his options. Just read where it really looks like Vincent Jackson will hit the FA market...add him to our receiver mix and we've dramatically improved things.
Originally posted by lamontb:
dam floyd got 3 dui's

if the niners can get him ill volunteer to be his personal driver
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Niners are looking for good receivers, not big bodies with hands.

this

if he commits to losing weight and gaining some speed im all for it otherwsie no thanks

Not saying he's going to be an all pro but everyone at South Carolina says he's one of the hardest workers on the team.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think so...he has the rare combination of size, speed and toughness. He torched one of the highest rated CB's in the country, Nebraska's Alfonzo Dennard for 148 yds and a TD. His numbers would arguably have been better, but Spurrier had some inconsistencies at the QB position. Couple him with Coby Fleener in the 2nd rd and Alex has two big targets that should really upgrade his options. Just read where it really looks like Vincent Jackson will hit the FA market...add him to our receiver mix and we've dramatically improved things.

If Alshon shows that he has good speed at the combine then im all in, but Fleener won't make it to us in the late 2nd unless we move up to get him, he will be gone to the Colts to give Luck a familiar target next year, that would be my guess
I think AJ would be a great threat in this offense if we drafted a Brian Quick later for a vertical threat and let Crabs get the first downs.
Jeffery's almost round enough to play right guard for us.

In all seriousness, pack on 20 more pounds, and he's our new complementary tight end.

Okay okay, this time REALLY in all seriousness.. I'm not a huge fan of Jeffery, but would support the pick if this staff makes it.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this

if he commits to losing weight and gaining some speed im all for it otherwsie no thanks

The weight also concerns me. Just my gut feeling but I think he'll struggle getting separation from NFL CB's.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jeffery's almost round enough to play right guard for us.

In all seriousness, pack on 20 more pounds, and he's our new complementary tight end.

Okay okay, this time REALLY in all seriousness.. I'm not a huge fan of Jeffery, but would support the pick if this staff makes it.

lol
We would be idiots to not give this kid strong consideration at 30. Not saying he's a perfect prospect, but he'd be an absolute beast in the red zone and on third downs. I'm a Clemson grad, so I don't generally like SCAR players, but Alshon is a stud. He basically played this year without a steady QB at all, but he would bring great value at 30 and compliment a glaring need.
This guy looks slow to me. I think there are better options

Originally posted by dhp318:
Niners are looking for good receivers, not big bodies with hands.

True, but a big body with good hands is better than a small body with crappy hands. I'm talking about you Kyle Williams!!
He reminds me of James Hardy, big but he'll never be a good NFL wideout.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
True, but a big body with good hands is better than a small body with crappy hands. I'm talking about you Kyle Williams!!

what are you tlking about KKW has great hands you know he only dropped 1 pass on 24 targets?

he is a dood slot wr just not a returner
Originally posted by HomerJ:
This guy looks slow to me. I think there are better options

I cant see how he looks slow unless compared to Wright or Streeter. Both are speed demons with only Wright having insane hands n great route running. Jeffery is a pure ability beast whos still very young and still growing. All who know college ball know for damn sure Spurrier would and has kicked half assers off his teams regardless of star status. Jeffery just has that kind of body type unless he strictly diets will always be chunky. He was chunky as a freshman when I met him and half the team "ARNG perk." He was chunky in his breakout season and he was chunky this last season. He will be chunky until he gets into the NFL n stops growing n gets on a pro work out regimen. Hes still insanely young, surpringly fast, quick and shifty for a 6ft4 240 WR in the SEC. He has the best hands, jumps, blocking and honestly the best route running of all this year. If he didnt his YPC wouldnt be higher than everyone elses even in his down year if he couldnt get behind defenses doubled with the s**t QBs hes had. That YPC is a solid mix of speed, jumps and route running. You can hate on his moobs n pooch but not on his numbers in the SEC for USC this year. Not unless you just wanna hate or have a man crush. It just cant be denied or looked past for a SEC WR with the situations USC went thru. Sure the dude has moobs but hes always had moobs, hes a geechy collard,ribs, fatback, oxtail eating southern boy. I dont know how to describe buddy other than that. Hes just that kind of kid despite body type you just cant ignore his natural talent and character. Teams that do will imo regret it later unless they get a speed demon like Wright or a beast pass rusher. For a WCO or RZ needy team hes a serious consideration based on what hes done so far in college despite his appearance.
Hell no, fat chubby b*****d.

This guy struggled to get separation in college and was run down by linebackers from behind more than once. He's big and tall, who cares, he also struggles to get off the line and to get separation from the defensive backs. Sanu or Fleener over this guy any day of the week. Just another tremendous bust waiting to happen.

49ers don't NEED big or small receivers, they need guys who can create separation and get away from the secondary, Jeffery would be no better and possibly considerably worse than the guys the 49ers already have on their roster.
Share 49ersWebzone