There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thoughts on Brian Quick?

How about Fleener in the 1st, Osemele in the 2nd and we send our 3rd and 4th round picks to move up into the early 3rd for.......QUUUIIICCCKKKKK!!!!!!

[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Apr 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Kiper on Quick.

Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State
If he was one of the first picks of Round 2, I wouldn't consider it a reach. Quick was dominant at his level, and while his 4.53 40-yard dash time might not sound amazing, this is a 6-4, 220-pound WR.
Originally posted by sfout:
Kiper on Quick.

If he was one of the first picks of Round 2, I wouldn't consider it a reach. Quick was dominant at his level, and while his 4.53 40-yard dash time might not sound amazing, this is a 6-4, 220-pound WR.

And ANOTHER split-end option.

Seems like this draft is full of them and that's why I don't think we would go WR in the first. We will go BPA or trade down now, IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Kiper on Quick.

Seems like this draft is full of them and that's why I don't think we would go WR in the first. We will go BPA or trade down now, IMO.

As great as the idea of drafting Fleener is I would love to trade back to the 34th pick so the Colts could jump the Giants and snag Fleener for Luck. According to the old value chart we would get their 4th rounder and we'd ship our 5th or 6th to them in exchange.

30th and 158th pick for the 34th and 97th pick. Unlikely? Somewhat but Baalke has traded 3 times each on draft day each year so really anything could happen.

Imagine if we got Quick at 34 and Markelle Martin at 97 That is assuming that Quick is actually becoming a top 40 prospect to scouts.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM ]
If we get Fleener in the 1st rd, Quick would be a good pick in maybe rd 3. Besides what they've got on him from their scouts, he was Kilgore's teammate, so could gain some additional scoop on the guy. Besides, what a name for a WR...he's gotta be good! LOL
Kiper on Quick.

As great as the idea of drafting Fleener is I would love to trade back to the 34th pick so the Colts could jump the Giants and snag Fleener for Luck. According to the old value chart we would get their 4th rounder and we'd ship our 5th or 6th to them in exchange.

30th and 158th pick for the 34th and 97th pick. Unlikely? Somewhat but Baalke has traded 3 times each on draft day each year so really anything could happen.

Imagine if we got Quick at 34 and Markelle Martin at 97

That's why I'm liking this draft more so than before because we have so many options here. Last year, we were pigeon-toed to the top seven especially after Atl went all out with Cleveland one spot ahead of us. Miller, Peterson and Smith...we ended up with Smith.

This year, it could be a TE, WR, DT, OG and even maybe an NT or CB at #30 or a trade back. Fun times!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Kiper on Quick.

Imagine if we got Quick at 34 and Markelle Martin at 97

That's why I'm liking this draft more so than before because we have so many options here. Last year, we were pigeon-toed to the top seven especially after Atl went all out with Cleveland one spot ahead of us. Miller, Peterson and Smith...we ended up with Smith.

This year, it could be a TE, WR, DT, OG and even maybe an NT or CB at #30 or a trade back. Fun times!

awe the benefits having a complete roster and drafting late
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM ]
awe the benefits having a complete roster and drafting late

Yeah, I hated the fact that we were forced to pick a top 10 or so player just because it wasn't worth the "value" to pick what could be a better player but one that's slotted to go 7 or 8 slots later.

We are now in a spot where we have more options with less scrutiny.
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
3rd best receiver to me in the entire draft. And possibly has the best upside period! 6'4, 224 with great hands and unbelivable moves. He's super tall, hands like glue, and runs like a darting tailback after the catch. Minus the fact he doesn't have top end speed he's a freak of nature. Hell Jerry Rice and T.O. had horrible 40times. But there game speed is unmatched and that applies to Brian Quick as well. God Most High I hope we draft him

Your description reminds me of John Taylor.
Originally posted by hofer36:
the talent appears to be abunddant but how quickly will he be ready to contribute, being from a small school playing questionable teams (elon, citadel, samford etc)--id like to see niners get a wr who will win a starting job in 2012

mississippi valley state...
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by darum:
I would agree that the end of the 3rd round would be pretty good value from my viewpoint, end of 4th would be great, but its not like i have seen his scouting tape or anything and i would prefer we stay away from 1st or 2nd round picks on WRs unless we are very confident in them. Demaryius Thomas so far has been pretty inconsistent. He got a ton of yardage at the end of last year on deep fades and posts, but to be a reliable threat you need to have a much more diverse route tree.

TO was a great player and had some nice physical tools, but he was only great because he outworked almost everyone. Staying in top shape, catching balls every day, and always improving his routes was what made him truly special, not his 40 time. Look at the GOAT, Jerry Rice. How big and fast was he? Jerry Rice was the greatest of all time and a huge playmaker because he was the hardest worker of all time. I think a lot of people get caught up with measurables when they look at WRs when it is my opinion that they are the position that is second most dependent on the intangible stuff (behind QBs). This isnt stuff that casual fans can really judge, potential NFL players know that everything they say will be scrutinized and are coached up on proper interview etiquette. Scouting departments need to look at who these guys hang out with, what they do with their free time, and try to gauge how deep their passion for the game goes. I trust out front office to be thorough and will be happy with whomever we draft as long as they continue to excel at making smart offseason moves.

There is a reason that WR has the highest bust rate in the early rounds. Being big and fast guarantees nothing. 6'6 guys can play small and 5'11 guys can play big. Its hard for me to get excited over any WR prospects, and right now this guy isnt any different. (although one thing i can get behind on this guy is his blocking skills. very willing blocker coming from an option offense and no one has brought it up yet)

Great Post. Agree with everything you said.

I would definitely prefer taking Quick in the 3rd rather than taking Floyd, Jeffery, or Sanu in the 1st. Depending on how he works out at the combine and his pro day, Quick has the potential to really rise up the draft boards. I would use a 2nd round pick on him in a heartbeat.

Agree with both of you Quick in the 3rd would be a steal. The only WR I think has 1st round potential is Blackmon...
[ Edited by 619Niner on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
the talent appears to be abunddant but how quickly will he be ready to contribute, being from a small school playing questionable teams (elon, citadel, samford etc)--id like to see niners get a wr who will win a starting job in 2012

Do the schools Missisippi Valley St. and Tennessee-Chattanooga mean anything to you??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Do the schools Missisippi Valley St. and Tennessee-Chattanooga mean anything to you??
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:

double
Originally posted by SF69ers:

double

And with Harbuagh around, history has been repeating itself as of late.