LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 250 users in the forums

Thoughts on Brian Quick?

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
There is a lot that I like about a lot of the WR's in this draft, but Brian Quick is quickly(no pun inteded) becoming one of my favorites. I really like his size an physicality. I like many others have been longing for the next T.O.(big, strong,fast enough) since he left. Quick may prove to have that type of ability. I have been taking a hard look at Quick and Dwight Jones because they flash that ability. Lets hope the get one of them in the 2nd or 3rd round.

When you say it twice in two posts, the pun is intended . I agree that he has a TO body type. I always look at willingness in the blocking game as some indication of a competive, high-effort disposition. This guy seems pretty aggressive in that regard. TO was a tough blocker, too (already stated by darum that he was possessed with an elite work-ethic), he just couldn't shut his mouth. You don't risk much with a late 3 (if he lasts that long), and the chance at TO without the $0.10 head is worth the pick to me.
One cause for concern is that he allows the ball into his body far too often, I noticed this with RoJo as well and he dropped everything in preseason games. Quick will need to learn how to attack the ball at its highest point, the double clutches are also a concern. Still, great value if he's there in the 3rd or possible cheap trade up to grab him in the 4th.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/162022-brian-quick-appalachian-state/search=quick

Mods, combine the 2 threads?

This. How did he fare at the combine?
I was fairly impressed with Quick today, though admit, I have not watched much of him prior. I'd be happy with him as the selection in rd 3.
Not bad. 4.55 official 40 (good for his size), 119 Broad, 34 in vert (I thought that would be higher), 15 reps.
This guy would be a steal in the third round if we were able to grab him there. He has the size at 6'4 and is great after the catch. He is better than Kyle Williams right now.
He's been my draft crush for a while. Really hope we can get him in the 3rd, trade up if we need to. If we can get Fleener, Bruce Irvin, and Brian Quick in the first 3 rounds I wouldnt care how the rest went.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
He's been my draft crush for a while. Really hope we can get him in the 3rd, trade up if we need to. If we can get Fleener, Bruce Irvin, and Brian Quick in the first 3 rounds I wouldnt care how the rest went.

I've seen him going in the 2nd a lot lately, I wonder where his stock really is at right now, 3rd round would be ideal but I'm just not sure where we'd have to take him now. Hopefully we can land him.
Originally posted by sfout:

I've seen him going in the 2nd a lot lately, I wonder where his stock really is at right now, 3rd round would be ideal but I'm just not sure where we'd have to take him now. Hopefully we can land him.

Yeah Ive seen him go as late as the 6th round (drafttek.com) and as early as the 2nd round (walterfootball.com)
Yeah Ive seen him go as late as the 6th round (drafttek.com) and as early as the 2nd round (walterfootball.com)

There is no chance he goes in the 6th.

Quick to me is an absolute must pick if he gets to the 3rd. A very intriguing prospect.

Originally posted by Schulzy:

Quick to me is an absolute must pick if he gets to the 3rd. A very intriguing prospect.

I agree, he wont make it past the 3rd.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:

I agree, he wont make it past the 3rd.

Yea there is no way players like Jeff Fuller get picked ahead of Quick, if he fell into the 4th something would have to have gone horrifically wrong.
After seeing the media-oric rise of guys like Hill, GM's are gonna look deeper at alternative and there is very little not to like about Quick. I could see him being a surprise pick in the early second even before guys like Hill, Jeffry, Sanu, etc. He's got the size for the red zone, better underneath than Hill or Jeffry while not giving up too much as a deep threat, and most importantly impressed at the senior bowl coming out of a small school. There is always a small school receiver that sneaks infront of the bigger names, IMO it's gonna be Quick. After reading this Im sold. When asked about his draft stock...

"I really don't know what to expect, and, you know, it doesn't matter," Quick said. "Teams have different opinions. You hear that one team says one thing, another team says something else. I'll just be happy to be drafted. "It doesn't matter where I'm drafted or where I'm projected. At the end of the day, I want to be able to stay in the NFL. Being picked is just the first step. I don't care about the money, that doesn't matter. I want to be picked and I want to stay in there…." Young said the fact that Quick played only one season of high school football and still has potential to improve significantly adds to scouts' interest.

There is no diva in him, and he spoke from the heart rather then the cliche 'im gonna be the best eva!' answer. Reminds me a bit of Isaac Bruce.
Let's reunite Quick with his boy Killgore (they are both from App St.).
One of my favorite players for us. I think he'll go in the 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone