LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

Crazy49er1313's Mock Draft

A lot of good ideas! I like Franchising Goldson as he will want to play well again for another contract. Like Fleener and Mechem, though not sure Fleener will last til the second round. If he is as fast as his team mates claim, he will likely go in the first, unusual for a TE but not as rare as it use to be. Not sure about the length of Rogers contract but he had a very good year and that may be the market. Sorry to see R Smith go but I think you are right about this...unless they cut loose Goldson.
My only question is at right guard. If you see Snyder as a back up all over the line, you have depth, but not a starter. Instead of Fleener, I would rather have a one of the many high ranking guards listed in the mock drafts. Or maybe draft a wideout and pick up a guard in free agancy so you don't have to train them up for a year. You have a lot of good ideas here for sure, though.
Originally posted by oregonniner:
My only question is at right guard. If you see Snyder as a back up all over the line, you have depth, but not a starter. Instead of Fleener, I would rather have a one of the many high ranking guards listed in the mock drafts. Or maybe draft a wideout and pick up a guard in free agancy so you don't have to train them up for a year. You have a lot of good ideas here for sure, though.

I would agree if they did not have Kilgore and some other potential solutions. If they don't think they have the answer onboard then I would expect them to address that positions in FAcy as rookies seldom start well in the first year and Davis needs a stable vet next to him.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
is ryan steed in rd 4 better than trumaine johnson?

In my opinion No. if Johnson is there when we pick in the 4th I go with Johnson.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
joe adam as 1st pick fleener out... in your scenario. joe adams could contribute day 1 probabl start. fleener cant plus adams wont be availiable that late
Originally posted by kronik:
It's a nice draft, but I wouldnt let Brooks go in order to draft Irvin. IMO, he's not big enough and good enough against the run. I would keep Brooks. Rogers, I wouldnt sign 5 years cuz he's alrady 30 years old. Just my opinion. Nice job tho.

Oh, I wasn't "letting" Brooks go for Irvin, I don't think we can afford Brooks and Rogers, and we are deeper @ OLB rather than CB. Besides, Brooks earned a high paying contract. Only way he stays is if he takes a team discount, which I don't see him doing. I'd MUCH rather keep Brooks, he's been one of my favorite football players since he was @ Virginia, but he deserves a chance to make money.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
uh Blount's been in the league two years. Hes not an unrestricted free agent.

Oh, my bad. Saw on a website he was a UFA, but maybe he's a RFA. Thought since he was UDFA coming outta college that the 4 year rule doesn't apply. Then I guess the Hillis pickup wouldn't be bad, though I still think he can get starter money somewhere else.
Originally posted by oregonniner:

I wouldn't mind it if we snagged a good RG in the offseason, but Gore runs great with Snyder @ RG, Anthony Davis elevated his play with Snyder in, and he had a great rapport with Goodwin. He'll be cheaper than most Guards this offseason and he can play every position but LT on the line, which makes him even more valuable. Besides, Kilgore will develop and eventually replace Snyder. The value I have @ the second round pick I have us using, there's no WR or G who's @ the level of Fleener, though I think Fleeners stock just rose dramatically, which might mean we can't trade back and get him.

Originally posted by fan49:
joe adam as 1st pick fleener out... in your scenario. joe adams could contribute day 1 probabl start. fleener cant plus adams wont be availiable that late

Maybe alternate Adams with the Irvin pick, but Adams would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high for an early 2nd rounder (which I have us trading for to get Fleener). A specific KR/PR guy should last until end of 2nd/early 3rd
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
I wouldn't mind it if we snagged a good RG in the offseason, but Gore runs great with Snyder @ RG, Anthony Davis elevated his play with Snyder in, and he had a great rapport with Goodwin. He'll be cheaper than most Guards this offseason and he can play every position but LT on the line, which makes him even more valuable. Besides, Kilgore will develop and eventually replace Snyder. The value I have @ the second round pick I have us using, there's no WR or G who's @ the level of Fleener, though I think Fleeners stock just rose dramatically, which might mean we can't trade back and get him.

Maybe alternate Adams with the Irvin pick, but Adams would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high for an early 2nd rounder (which I have us trading for to get Fleener). A specific KR/PR guy should last until end of 2nd/early 3rd

i get why u did it but fleener will be 3rd sting. and maybe see 10% of snaps, so it not a realistic pick even with jh's 3 te sets
I don't think Meachem will do anything out of the Saints system, but I can understand the signing. No way would I give Rodgers a 5 year deal. Eric Wright is kinda suspect.

Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't think Meachem will do anything out of the Saints system, but I can understand the signing. No way would I give Rodgers a 5 year deal. Eric Wright is kinda suspect.

meachem didnt even prduce that much in the saints system especially for the amount of times they drop back to pass

but worth getting for sure as a deep threat but if we only get him then our WR corps didnt improve much
i personally hate it.. Meachem?? Lol. OLB in the 2nd??.. We have Patrick Willis,Larry Grant,Navarro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Paryl Haralason, Ahmad Brooks..

say what you want but Ahmad brooks is clutch.. we are not taking a OLB in the top 3.. We need WR's, CB's, maybe Gamble on a RB..
Share 49ersWebzone