There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

National Football Post - 1/30 mock

We didn't think that Crabtree would fall to us but he did. So we don't know what will happen in the draft. But I can see a lot of WRs that are firming up as potential draft picks for us. It will be interesting to see what Baalke "sees" out there in draft land.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
We didn't think that Crabtree would fall to us but he did. So we don't know what will happen in the draft. But I can see a lot of WRs that are firming up as potential draft picks for us. It will be interesting to see what Baalke "sees" out there in draft land.

Crabtree's "fall" was 4-5 spots or so. This will be approximately 20, with several of them needing serious WR help.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jan 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Really going to need Kendall Wright to start beating up on some women for this to happen.

A friend told me that Kendall Wright smoked weed quite a bit in college. Feel free to tell 20 of your friends.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Really going to need Kendall Wright to start beating up on some women for this to happen.

A friend told me that Kendall Wright smoked weed quite a bit in college. Feel free to tell 20 of your friends.

I'm not saying the NFP is right or accurate in this mock, or that KW will drop....in fact it's pretty unlikely he'll be there at 30. I'm just saying, you never say never in the draft, especially once you get out of the top 5-10 selections. Teams begin to take out their collective microscopes, they dig up dirt on guys, interviews/visits don't go as well as planned, free agency alters needs, etc.

I've followed (either live or after the fact) nearly 50 NFL drafts in my days and I can say with certainty, you NEVER say never.
Don Banks also had us drafting KW. He's not a great prognosticator by any means but here is his mock:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/01/26/mock-draft/index.html
I don't love this draft between 5-15, but 15-30 it seems really strong (top 5 is always great). Wright, Konz, Ingram, Brockers, Gillmore, Jenkins, Perry, or some other very good player could potentially fall. And we haven't even discussed the possibility of Tennehill
if we got kendall wright that would be so perfect. we'd add a FA WR already in bowe or colston. we're getting morgan back so that would leave us with..

1) bowe/colston
2) Morgan
3) crabtree/wright
4) crabtree/williams
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If it goes down like that, that would be pretty cool. I was under the impression that Wright would be gone in the 20s, but he's honestly the only WR I would want ahead of Fleener at this point (that includes Blackmon, aka: Crabtree 2.0). I don't know anything about the intangibles on the kid (study habits, work ethic, love for the game, attitude, interaction w/teammates), but his tangibles are great!

U want Fleener over Blackmon? I want what you're smoking
Does anyone even know if Harbaugh has had a history of utilizing one dimensional receivers such as using a WR often primarily because he is a deep threat? I just dont see Harbaugh going after that type of player. Wont be surpeised if we get a TE or Center and pick up a raw all around receiver in the third like we did back when with TO.

I have a feeling we go OL, TE or even RB.
Nope, even as a QB at Michigan and a coach at Stanford it has always been a power running game, play action pass and multiple tight end sets. Don't really expect that to change which is why I'd love a Bowe type in FA, rather than someone like Desean. A burner is always important because even as a decoy, defenses must respect their separation ability. Having said that, much like Steve Smith, KW is not strictly a small speed demon. Guy runs solid routes and plays a very physical game. Harbaugh likes physical WRs, size alone is not the only determination. If KW is there at 30 he will likely be the BPA and barring some huge surprises in FA I could see us taking him. Unlike the previous regimes, I fully expect this coaching staff to be able to maximize the potential of our most talented players. Posting this from my phone sorry if there are any errors.
5'10" 190 lbs.......
Originally posted by Kastion:
Dang dude lmao if that happens harbs proly wont draft him he really does5 not like guys who abuse women, but this guy dropping to us somehow would be a major steal.

What if he kicked a kid instead?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
5'10" 190 lbs.......

Jeffery is 6'4" 230 or something like that, right?

you call the amount, I'll put down the money on Wright putting up better numbers right off the bat
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wright will be gone to either the Jets, Bears or Browns, I also wouldn't doubt it if the Bills at #10 picked him if they lose Steve Johnson. But lasting all the way to the 30th pick..no way.

Just my opinion...it's a tricky proposition to say "no way this or that will happen" when it comes to the draft, especially when we're discussing things in late January. I mean, we pretty much know where/when the top 3-5 guys will be going, but everything else is a total crapshoot. The closer we get to the draft, the assumptions get a little tigher and more accurate, but even then, we really don't know...especially for a guy who is considered (right now) a top 15-25 talent like Wright.

I would say you're right Ghost, but add the fact that Wright could potentially run a 4.3 at the Combine and during private workouts like OTC says and that adds up to a top 10-15 selection for this kid. Let's hope something keeps his grades down for whatever reason so the Niners have a shot at him in the late first.

I also took into consideration or actually an assumption that Wright will in fact be lights out at the Combine. If he runs a 4.3, catches everything in the maze, runs smooth routes in the drills, I'll pretty much guarantee he won't be there when we pick. But Ghost is also right, you can or can't really say who won't be there and who will as anything can happen. For instance I thought for sure Vince Wilfork would definitely be a top 10 pick, Crabtree would be long gone before #10 and Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn going in the 20's.