LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

National Football Post - 1/30 mock

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mock-Draft-Version-20.html

30. San Francisco 49ers: Baylor WR Kendall Wright Wright might be the draft's top vertical threat and has the ability to open up a lot of options for the 49ers offense down the field.
i would be estactic with that draft shifty WR deep threat good 3rd down conversion and will cuse safties to play deep
will allow crabs and VD to work the middle of the field
If it goes down like that, that would be pretty cool. I was under the impression that Wright would be gone in the 20s, but he's honestly the only WR I would want ahead of Fleener at this point (that includes Blackmon, aka: Crabtree 2.0). I don't know anything about the intangibles on the kid (study habits, work ethic, love for the game, attitude, interaction w/teammates), but his tangibles are great!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If it goes down like that, that would be pretty cool. I was under the impression that Wright would be gone in the 20s, but he's honestly the only WR I would want ahead of Fleener at this point (that includes Blackmon, aka: Crabtree 2.0). I don't know anything about the intangibles on the kid (study habits, work ethic, love for the game, attitude, interaction w/teammates), but his tangibles are great!

blackmons got speed and hops no wat he is crabs 2.0 unless u mean crabtree improved version

and i agree they are rumors wright is the highest WR on some peoples boards (maybe smokescreens) but wither way doubt he lasts till us
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for WRATHman44.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
blackmons got speed and hops no wat he is crabs 2.0 unless u mean crabtree improved version

and i agree they are rumors wright is the highest WR on some peoples boards (maybe smokescreens) but wither way doubt he lasts till us

I'd be surprised if Blackmon ran a 4.4 or better. Crab goes up and gets it pretty well. He only drops easy ones.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wright will be gone to either the Jets, Bears or Browns, I also wouldn't doubt it if the Bills at #10 picked him if they lose Steve Johnson. But lasting all the way to the 30th pick..no way.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'd be surprised if Blackmon ran a 4.4 or better. Crab goes up and gets it pretty well. He only drops easy ones.

i dnt mean straight line speed i mean explosivenes speed

crabtree nevers howed that in college blackmon has

also did you see the sports science on blackmon?

he has the reach higher than buress in the redzone a 6 4 WR

and like calvin johnsn has the ability to cover a 2 door garage
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wright will be gone to either the Jets, Bears or Browns, I also wouldn't doubt it if the Bills at #10 picked him if they lose Steve Johnson. But lasting all the way to the 30th pick..no way.

Just my opinion...it's a tricky proposition to say "no way this or that will happen" when it comes to the draft, especially when we're discussing things in late January. I mean, we pretty much know where/when the top 3-5 guys will be going, but everything else is a total crapshoot. The closer we get to the draft, the assumptions get a little tigher and more accurate, but even then, we really don't know...especially for a guy who is considered (right now) a top 15-25 talent like Wright.
I'd do backflips if we landed Kendall Wright. That said, it's about a 50-50 split right now between those who think he is the #2 receiver in this draft vs. Michael Floyd. That's high praise.

If he clocks a 4.3 at the combine and doesn't suffer any injury, I will offer a complete guarantee he does not last to #30.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Just my opinion...it's a tricky proposition to say "no way this or that will happen" when it comes to the draft, especially when we're discussing things in late January. I mean, we pretty much know where/when the top 3-5 guys will be going, but everything else is a total crapshoot. The closer we get to the draft, the assumptions get a little tigher and more accurate, but even then, we really don't know...especially for a guy who is considered (right now) a top 15-25 talent like Wright.

I would say you're right Ghost, but add the fact that Wright could potentially run a 4.3 at the Combine and during private workouts like OTC says and that adds up to a top 10-15 selection for this kid. Let's hope something keeps his grades down for whatever reason so the Niners have a shot at him in the late first.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Really going to need Kendall Wright to start beating up on some women for this to happen.
I would be ELATED if he fell to us
Dream scenario for the Niners. I just dont see how a kid who runs that fast and had that kind of production at Baylor could fall to 30th.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Really going to need Kendall Wright to start beating up on some women for this to happen.

Dang dude lmao if that happens harbs proly wont draft him he really does5 not like guys who abuse women, but this guy dropping to us somehow would be a major steal.
Wright needs to quickly enroll in the Aldon Smith School of Driving because I can't see him on the board at number 30 otherwise. Just too fast and too productive to be on the board when the Niners pick.
Share 49ersWebzone