There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

the 6 foot 8 giant out of lousiville

TE Josh chichester he is 6 foot 8

Pros

athletic, at one point was a WR…can get vertical…really could develop into a Red-zone threat…good hands…potentially a nightmare matchup down the field

Cons

Thin as a rail…like many players that tall will struggle with inline blocking because of technique…doesn't have NFL strength…not extremely productive…a locomotive (gets off the line slow but picks up speed as he gets going)…

he also has speed projected to run a 4.7 ish (used to be WR so hes fast) obviously needs to bulk up but again he used to be a WR and he just made the transation to TE so he will have to hit the weight room in the offseason

righ now hes projected to go in the 4-6th round
thoughts?
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jan 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM ]
Dude will take one hard shot in the NFL and he'll be done. His frame is so slight it really worries me.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude will take one hard shot in the NFL and he'll be done. His frame is so slight it really worries me.

hes still 250 pounds so he wont get injured in a hit

hes just light for his height and frame not light for the nfl
link? i cant find anything on this guy
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
link? i cant find anything on this guy

thats cause i wrote the wrong last name name
its now edited
hmm draft him in the 6th and make him a reciever again, then we get 6'8 reciever and dominate the world!!!
His sluggishness severely hampers his usability by teams, and eliminates him from being a legit ST's contributor. He probably won't go until the 6th-7th rounds.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
His sluggishness severely hampers his usability by teams, and eliminates him from being a legit ST's contributor. He probably won't go until the 6th-7th rounds.

You mean he moves like Yao Ming in cleats?
Sorry to be a doubter, but Chichester moves like cement man and has the same softness of hands. He was really really really bad at catching passes early in his college career, got a little better but not enough to even be a UDFA in my opinion. I think Yao Ming in cleats would seem like a roadrunner with velvet hands in comparison to Chichester.
If we want a 6'8 TE, why not wait til next year for Levine Toilolo of Stanford? Probably way better than this kid.
vids? pm
He physically sounds a lot like Jeramy Stevens of the Seahawks (6'7", 250 lbs). He didn't last much in the league....
remember eagles wr harold carmichael who was 6-8 and really good.... im kind of surprised that someone hasnt made it at wr at that height since, as there is an instant mismatch with a guy so tall

niners (walsh) took a former hoopster from michigan one year, 6-7 paul jokisch--i dont think he made the team
[ Edited by hofer36 on Jan 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
If we want a 6'8 TE, why not wait til next year for Levine Toilolo of Stanford? Probably way better than this kid.

+1
TE needs to be able to block. do not want.