There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If all three are on the board, who would you take...

If all three are on the board, who would you take...

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
MD, do you know much about Jenkins's off the field issues? Just a bad decision or does he have a rep as a locker room nightmare? Also, how do you feel 2 other corners -Boykin and Gilmore- stack up? Gilmore would have to be amen in Rd. 1, but Boykin could be on the board for us in the 2nd

Jenkins loves the weed, and it bit him in the rear end twice already. He also has a third arrest on the record, so the kid has a tainted past. Let's just say that he better work on his explanation before the combine, because the interviews from teams are going to be repetitive for him. I wouldn't touch him because of his past (he'd be off my board until the second round pick), but he is a really talented player.

Gilmore will be a hot name at the combine. Much to gain and lose. Borderline first rounder in my opinion, but his height is very enticing in this midget class of CB's.

Don't see Boykin on the board at the end of the second round. Too fast, smooth, and has outstanding value as a punt returner. I think he will be gone before the 60th selection.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
MD, do you know much about Jenkins's off the field issues? Just a bad decision or does he have a rep as a locker room nightmare? Also, how do you feel 2 other corners -Boykin and Gilmore- stack up? Gilmore would have to be amen in Rd. 1, but Boykin could be on the board for us in the 2nd

Jenkins loves the weed, and it bit him in the rear end twice already. He also has a third arrest on the record, so the kid has a tainted past. Let's just say that he better work on his explanation before the combine, because the interviews from teams are going to be repetitive for him. I wouldn't touch him because of his past (he'd be off my board until the second round pick), but he is a really talented player.

Gilmore will be a hot name at the combine. Much to gain and lose. Borderline first rounder in my opinion, but his height is very enticing in this midget class of CB's.

Don't see Boykin on the board at the end of the second round. Too fast, smooth, and has outstanding value as a punt returner. I think he will be gone before the 60th selection.

How would you think Jenkins compares to his former teammate Haden as a prospect?
I think Jenkins is going to be a monster.
  • World
  • Veteran
I voted Sanu. May not be a burner, but plenty of speed to get the RAC the Niners need. Comes from a system that is very good for getting players prepared for the NFL. He has very good hands and good size to be able to go across the middle and break a tackle.

Jenkins has too many issues. A single pot bust can drop a players stock, but 2 busts for Marijuana, another for fighting? This guy doesn't get it. And Konz is too injury prone. Stability is huge on the offensive line. If a guy has missed time in each of his 3 years in college playing only 10-12 weeks a year, how is he going to make it in the NFL for 16 weeks?
[ Edited by World on Jan 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM ]