LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

If all three are on the board, who would you take...

If all three are on the board, who would you take...

• dj43
If Konz is there, he is the no brainer choice.

If Konz is gone then Jenkins is the obvious pick.

Since it is highly doubtful Jenkins will be there, that leaves Sanu as the pick

The sexy thing to say is that this team needs WRs badly, and they do, but it is also true that the weakness in the center of the line caused a lot of problems this past season. The inability to hold the front of the pocket open restricted a lot of the pass route options. The front of the pocket was pushed back into Alex' lab far too often. Also, the tall, athletic DL of the Giants took away passing lanes to open receivers on several occasions by just getting their hands in the air. Konz would put a stop to a great deal of that. Too bad he will be gone by #30.
We traded up for Davis...Why shouldnt we trade up for Konz as well, let's say about 5 spots. Think that this wouldnt cost more than a 4th-rounder.
Konz, then Jenkins, and then the WR may not be Sanu.
if we pick up jenkins we will be the best defense ever
I say Konz if those are the only options on the board, we most likely wont find a C in FA, a CB would be my very close 1st pick if, again if those are my only options. It would turn into my first choice if we lose Rogers in FA and im not super high on Sanu, i think we could get some good value in the second round for a WR. I personally think Jeffery would fall late in the 1st round and would prefer him over Sanu, Jeffery owned the 3rd best CB in the draft in that bowl game.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Jan 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
I say Konz if those are the only options on the board, we most likely wont find a C in FA, a CB would be my very close 1st pick if, again if those are my only options. It would turn into my first choice if we lose Rogers in FA and im not super high on Sanu, i think we could get some good value in the second round for a WR. I personally think Jeffery would fall late in the 1st round and would prefer him over Sanu, Jeffery owned the 3rd best CB in the draft in that bowl game.

I really expect Rogers to re-sign. He has made great strides here, putting his Redskin days behind him, and enjoying a winner. He has made a lot of money from his rookie contract doesn't need to break the bank. What he wants at this point in his career is a ring. He will have a better chance here than just about anywhere else. Expect him to stay and re-signing him would free the 49ers to go BPA between OG and WR with the alternate in the second round.
Originally posted by dj43:
I really expect Rogers to re-sign. He has made great strides here, putting his Redskin days behind him, and enjoying a winner. He has made a lot of money from his rookie contract doesn't need to break the bank. What he wants at this point in his career is a ring. He will have a better chance here than just about anywhere else. Expect him to stay and re-signing him would free the 49ers to go BPA between OG and WR with the alternate in the second round.

Yea, i dont expect us to lose him either, I was just making a what if senario.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I highly doubt Konz would be available at #30, especially with Baltimore right in front of us; however, if he did somehow slip to us, I would take him in a heartbeat. Elite center prospects are hard to come by, and the difference between him and other centers in this class is huge. IMO he'd be a perfect fit for this offense.

Jenkins would be my 2nd choice after Konz. His personal issues are worrisome, but he's a talented kid no doubt. I think WR is obviously a bigger need than CB, but Jenkins is a better prospect than Sanu IMO. I'd rather go BPA with Jenkins on the board, than reach for a need like WR when this draft class is so deep at the position.

Baalke has stated that first thing the team looks are the intangibles. If the intangibles are not right, they do look at the skill set.

In my estimation, the chances of the team taking Jenkins are slim--very slim.
Who do these guys compare in the NFL? I heard Jenkins is similar to Antoine Winfield.
Konz no red flags n he qualifies as bpa n high need. A stud center is exactly what we need other OLB n WR. CB I'm not worried about if we can get a perfect fit pass rusher to Aldon Smith. A insane pass makes a secondary look real good. Chase Thomas would complete our front 7 n OLB group imo. Shocked he isn't talked about more on the zone. Buddy is a national recognized 34 stud OLB who' could shoot up the board to be a late 1st rd pick.

In that scenario Konz is by far the BPA availailable , that also fills a huge need, he is an immediate starter in the interior of the OL, be it at C or RG
I highly doubt he will be there when the 49ers are on the clock but if that were the case Baalke would check to see if he was dreaming
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You have them ranked where I grade them right now on your options. However, the team may need to go CB right away if unable to sign Rogers.

To me, Konz is the safest pick, by far. All of this being said, Konz and Jenkins won't be on the board at 30.

MD, do you know much about Jenkins's off the field issues? Just a bad decision or does he have a rep as a locker room nightmare? Also, how do you feel 2 other corners -Boykin and Gilmore- stack up? Gilmore would have to be amen in Rd. 1, but Boykin could be on the board for us in the 2nd

I agree with MD, Jenkins and Konz SHOULD be gone by pick 30.

I see Jenkins going around pick 17 to Cincinnati. My top CBs,

1. Morris Claiborne
2. Dre Kirkpatrick
3. Alfonzo Dennard
4. Janoris Jenkins
and then i like a few tied

Chase Minnifield, Stephen Gilmore, Jayron Hosley and Josh Robinson.

I would love if we could get a WR, C/OG and CB in first 3 picks.

WR Sanu or Jones in rd 1
OG Zeitler in rd 2
CB like Josh Norman, Keith Tandy, Brandon Boykin but would need to trade up in rd 3.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:

While every player wants a ring, the vast majority will put money first. The 49ers have a history of making fair deals, but I have a feeling Rogers will be offered huge deals from other "competitive" teams and, ultimately, the 49ers aren't likely going to invest that type of money on a player who's break out year came in year 7. Oh, wait ...
Sanu BEAST!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
you guys are kidding me, right? lost in all the posts so far is the fact that Jenkins BY FAR would be the best value at that spot, regardless of whether we sign Rogers, if Jenkins is there at #30 I'd take him over both the other choices, this WR class is deep we can get a good WR in the 2nd round, Jenkins has top 15 talent.

The only reason I could see us not taking is the often mentioned idea that we draft CB's 6'0" and taller, then I could see us passing on him, but other than that sign me up for him

He also has character issues--issues that might exclude him the 49er's big board.
Share 49ersWebzone