There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If all three are on the board, who would you take...

If all three are on the board, who would you take...

All 3 are positions of need, and all 3 have potential to be very good players. It's possible that all 3 will be available.
Depends on what we did in FA
What about 2 alternatives:
a)We signed a Bowe/Colston/Vjax
b)We DIDNT sign a Bowe/Colston/Vjax
AND
todays roster.

a)Konz. If he really can play G and C, I will take him in a heartbeat.
b)Sanu. We could try to get Zeitler in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by communist:
What about 2 alternatives:
a)We signed a Bowe/Colston/Vjax
b)We DIDNT sign a Bowe/Colston/Vjax
AND
todays roster.

a)Konz. If he really can play G and C, I will take him in a heartbeat.
b)Sanu. We could try to get Zeitler in the 2nd round.

I agree with that
I highly doubt Konz would be available at #30, especially with Baltimore right in front of us; however, if he did somehow slip to us, I would take him in a heartbeat. Elite center prospects are hard to come by, and the difference between him and other centers in this class is huge. IMO he'd be a perfect fit for this offense.

Jenkins would be my 2nd choice after Konz. His personal issues are worrisome, but he's a talented kid no doubt. I think WR is obviously a bigger need than CB, but Jenkins is a better prospect than Sanu IMO. I'd rather go BPA with Jenkins on the board, than reach for a need like WR when this draft class is so deep at the position.
+ 1 to all the responses so far...
Originally posted by valrod33:
Depends on what we did in FA

Yeah, it's definitely harder to answer this question without knowing what we did in free agency first. If we don't resign Carlos Rogers for some reason, CB is an even bigger need. If we are able to land a legit #1 in free agency, then I can handle waiting on a WR until the 2nd or 3rd round. If we do resign Rogers but fail to sign a significant WR in free agency, then I can understand passing Jenkins for Sanu. I wouldn't prefer it because I like Jenkins more, but I wouldn't be totally upset.

Konz is still my favorite of these prospects, and I'd take him in a heartbeat regardless of what we did in free agency.
you guys are kidding me, right? lost in all the posts so far is the fact that Jenkins BY FAR would be the best value at that spot, regardless of whether we sign Rogers, if Jenkins is there at #30 I'd take him over both the other choices, this WR class is deep we can get a good WR in the 2nd round, Jenkins has top 15 talent.

The only reason I could see us not taking is the often mentioned idea that we draft CB's 6'0" and taller, then I could see us passing on him, but other than that sign me up for him
Jenkins hands down. dude has potential to be an elite corner.
You have them ranked where I grade them right now on your options. However, the team may need to go CB right away if unable to sign Rogers.

To me, Konz is the safest pick, by far. All of this being said, Konz and Jenkins won't be on the board at 30.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
you guys are kidding me, right? lost in all the posts so far is the fact that Jenkins BY FAR would be the best value at that spot, regardless of whether we sign Rogers, if Jenkins is there at #30 I'd take him over both the other choices, this WR class is deep we can get a good WR in the 2nd round, Jenkins has top 15 talent.

The only reason I could see us not taking is the often mentioned idea that we draft CB's 6'0" and taller, then I could see us passing on him, but other than that sign me up for him
So is the CB-class.

So is the CB-class.

I agree, Jenkins should be the pick--he can handle difficult job of covering guys in the slot

as far as Konz, didnt goodwin sign a 3 yr contract?

sanu looks to me to be crabtree 2.0

So is the CB-class.

the CB class is very good, WR class is way better IMO
Originally posted by hofer36:
I agree, Jenkins should be the pick--he can handle difficult job of covering guys in the slot

as far as Konz, didnt goodwin sign a 3 yr contract?

sanu looks to me to be crabtree 2.0
Even if...Furthermoe, OTC brought in the discussion that Konz could play at RG too.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You have them ranked where I grade them right now on your options. However, the team may need to go CB right away if unable to sign Rogers.

To me, Konz is the safest pick, by far. All of this being said, Konz and Jenkins won't be on the board at 30.

MD, do you know much about Jenkins's off the field issues? Just a bad decision or does he have a rep as a locker room nightmare? Also, how do you feel 2 other corners -Boykin and Gilmore- stack up? Gilmore would have to be amen in Rd. 1, but Boykin could be on the board for us in the 2nd