TE- Delanie Walker

Free Agency:

(#1 WR) Bowe or Vincent Jackson
(#4 WR plus backup KR/PR) Roscoe Parish or Eddie Royal

or

Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs
(#2ish type WR) Garcon or Manningham
(#4 WR plus backup KR/PR) Roscoe Parish or Eddie Royal

Draft (traded next year's 4th and this year's 5th for a 4th.)

1. Brandon Thompson- DT/DE Clemson.

With Justin Smith turning 33 next season. We need another Beast on that line for the future.

2. Shaun Prater- CB- Iowa

What's lost in the championship game was the fact that Goldson knocked out Terrell Brown and we had Brock on Manningham. Prater allows us to let go of Spencer and push Brock further down the depth chart.

3. Amini Silatolu- OG Midwestern St.

Allows us to eventually let Snyder/Rachal go when he's ready.

4a. Brandon Linsey-OLB-Pitt.

Allows us to let go of Parys Haralason and/or replace Brooks if asking price is too high.

4b. Tremain Thomas-FS- Arkansas

9 interceptions in the last 2 years. Also forces fumbles from the safety position. 4 as a junior (don't know the stat this year) Could either be a nice addition in a rotation with Whitner and Goldson. Could also let us not overpay for Dashon.

6. Jaye Howard- DT/DE Florida

Competition for depth along D-line.

7. Terrence Frederick- CB- Texas A & M

Good CB that always seemed to be in position. Also may allow us to let go of Brock.

Undrafted FA's to target

Frank Alexander- DE/OLB- Oklahoma
Broderick Binns- DE/OLB- Iowa
not sure if we give big money to a FA WR like bowe or jackson. wouldnt mind getting a guy like manningham or meachem thought. also, eddie royal would be a nice upgrade over ginn. he a pretty good return man and a much better reciever than ginn.

i will say i dont like your draft. it make sense with your FA signings, but u have only 1 offense player being selected? guard could be an area of need, but we need weapons. would rather build our offense threw the draft this year. i am almost certain we will draft a WR at some point during the draft.
No way Howard lasts until the 6th. VjAx is not worth the hype, especially with the age.

I like the trade, but we also want a starter with our 1st round pick.

I think we need 3 offensive position players with our first 4 picks.(rb wanted)
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
So we're going to replace a very solid veteran player in Parys Haralson with an unproven rookie fourth round pick?
not feeling this draft
Not sure what you mean by this

3. Amini Silatolu- OG Midwestern St. Allows us to eventually let Snyder/Rachal go when he's ready.

Snyder and Rachal are both FA's. Yet you do not have the team re signing them??

I support letting Rachal walk and re sign Snyder for fair market value. He plays guard and center and the Offense turned around when he was in.
Thompson is more of a 4-3 DT than a 3-4 DE. Nice player, though.

Howard is going to go higher. He looked solid this week. Good option on Prater.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
So we're going to replace a very solid veteran player in Parys Haralson with an unproven rookie fourth round pick?

Haralson is a waste of space, and his replacement was already drafted last year
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for DVDA.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Do you have any reasonable explanations for your opinion? What has Haralson done to be a waste of space?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Do you have any reasonable explanations for your opinion? What has Haralson done to be a waste of space?

Absolutely nothing. he's a career backup. with limited upside.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

Absolutely nothing. he's a career backup. with limited upside.

So we'd rather have some unproven 4th round pick than a prior 5th round pick who has proven he is a solid football player and a contributor to this team?

He had 2 sacks and 30 tackles this year. Complete waste of space. How is this not apparent to you?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Dont want us to draft a 3-4 end yet, ya Justin Smith is getting old but he just had his best season of his career, so he wouldnt even touch the field. We should draft someone that can contribute right away like Aldon Smith did.
You cover all the position needs in free agency and draft except the interior of the line. Snyder needs to be re-signed and they could use someone who can play C as well as G because Goodwin is the weak link on the line.

LIke the Secondary picks in Prater and Thomas. Not Sure if Thompson is the right fit in the 3-4, but I like the fact that you think the Niners need to build some quality depth on the d-line.
He had 2 sacks and 30 tackles this year. Complete waste of space. How is this not apparent to you?

I would assume since he was the starting ROLB on the NFL's best defense and the fact that he held his own would mean that he is NOT a waste of space. Stats dont tell the whole story.

I can also assure you that a rookie OLB will not be able to come in and assume the responsibities that Haralson assumes. If Aldon didn't start last year as the 7th overall, no OLB picked at #30 or in round two will start.

If ANYTHING, we will take an OLB in the premium rounds only if Brooks leaves. I think we will take a OLB in the later rounds. Maybe someone like Shea McClellin for depth purposes.

Either way, I think Aldon and Brooks start with Harlason seeing limited time as a backup. We need to get a player who can make an imediate impact, not a player who sits on the bench behind three other players.

Which is another reason why I doubt we take a DE in round 1 to sit on the bench behind Smith and McDonald.