There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rueben Randle WR LSU

Originally posted by DirtyP:
Your statement makes no sense. Even if it did, ignoring a receivers raw talent because of the offense he played within in college is a mistake. I am sure you are probably one of the people who thought Aldon Smith and Chris Culliver were horrendous picks last year.

but adon smith produced he had the reshman sack record at mizzou beating out justin smith

culliver also was good in college he was only injured

hill (although i like him) has not produced in college at all he is just a complete potential pick
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Your statement makes no sense. Even if it did, ignoring a receivers raw talent because of the offense he played within in college is a mistake. I am sure you are probably one of the people who thought Aldon Smith and Chris Culliver were horrendous picks last year.

I was fine with the aldon Smith pick because everyone else was gone by #7.

To be honest I didn't know enough about culliver
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
but adon smith produced he had the reshman sack record at mizzou beating out justin smith

culliver also was good in college he was only injured

hill (although i like him) has not produced in college at all he is just a complete potential pick

1000 yards on 28 catches is production. You simply don't know that much about him because he went to GT.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
but adon smith produced he had the reshman sack record at mizzou beating out justin smith

culliver also was good in college he was only injured

hill (although i like him) has not produced in college at all he is just a complete potential pick

1000 yards on 28 catches is production. You simply don't know that much about him because he went to GT.

Erroneous on all accounts! GT has had high profile receivers for awhile... everyone knew about Demaryius, and then of course Calvin was untouchable for 2 years. The simple fact is Hill, even with his ridiculous YPC, was a late second/third roung pick until his 40 time. His highlight reels are showcasing his best plays and even then he doesn't seperate from college level CB's. NFL CB's are talented enough to keep stride for stride while also playing the ball,so allot of those plays would not be catches. If left untouched, then yes he'll be the fastest player running straight but in the NFL that doesnt happen. He will be jammed, re-routed, and arm-barred... so he is a complete potential pick because he hasn't seen that before and will have to learn how to counter those moves along with how to run routes which can take a couple offseasons. Randle is a much safer pick and doesnt give that much up to Hill in terms of size or speed, and is twice as quick.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Erroneous on all accounts! GT has had high profile receivers for awhile... everyone knew about Demaryius, and then of course Calvin was untouchable for 2 years. The simple fact is Hill, even with his ridiculous YPC, was a late second/third roung pick until his 40 time. His highlight reels are showcasing his best plays and even then he doesn't seperate from college level CB's. NFL CB's are talented enough to keep stride for stride while also playing the ball,so allot of those plays would not be catches. If left untouched, then yes he'll be the fastest player running straight but in the NFL that doesnt happen. He will be jammed, re-routed, and arm-barred... so he is a complete potential pick because he hasn't seen that before and will have to learn how to counter those moves along with how to run routes which can take a couple offseasons. Randle is a much safer pick and doesnt give that much up to Hill in terms of size or speed, and is twice as quick.

We will see.
Is it going to take a trade up in the 2nd to get him or what
Originally posted by DONBIS:
Is it going to take a trade up in the 2nd to get him or what

we can just get him in the first he is a late first early 2nd round prospect
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DONBIS:
Is it going to take a trade up in the 2nd to get him or what

we can just get him in the first he is a late first early 2nd round prospect


Ok well if they make that move I wont have a problem with that at all. The roster they have put together so far is one of if not the best in the league. So many players that are right up their at the top of their position.
Would our first, third, and fourth this year and our second pick next year be enough to move up for Floyd??
Originally posted by walker807:
Would our first, third, and fourth this year and our second pick next year be enough to move up for Floyd??

that would move us just inside top 15
Originally posted by walker807:
Would our first, third, and fourth this year and our second pick next year be enough to move up for Floyd??

Yes, but you have to ask yourself how much better than Randle is Floyd. Is he worth giving up a potential starting guard or defensive lineman? Or a running back of the future in 2013?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Yes, but you have to ask yourself how much better than Randle is Floyd. Is he worth giving up a potential starting guard or defensive lineman? Or a running back of the future in 2013?

i think floyd is the most ready to come in and make an impact

he already had success in a pro style offense in college he doesnt drop anything jumps/fights for ball has size and speed

i think he is the only top WRs to come out who played in a pro style offense this draft (not sure if randle did) therefore his learning curve is the least nd already has a great skill set

floyd crabtree moss mannigham is a dangerous corps

next year we have floyd crabtree manningham
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,034
I'm driving the Rueben Randle at #30 bandwagon. Anybody want to jump on?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 19, 2012 at 5:23 AM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
1000 yards on 28 catches is production. You simply don't know that much about him because he went to GT.

on film hes a 3rd rouder thats what every1 is saying

if you look at his highlights he is wide open or just out jumps people because of the triple option offense he is oalways put in a rpretty easy situation

the only reason he is considered a first round pick is just on potential not because what he accopmlished on the field

i would love to have him but were kidding ourselves if we think he is going to make an impact in his rookie year outside the RZ
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,034
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
1000 yards on 28 catches is production. You simply don't know that much about him because he went to GT.

on film hes a 3rd rouder thats what every1 is saying

if you look at his highlights he is wide open or just out jumps people because of the triple option offense he is oalways put in a rpretty easy situation

the only reason he is considered a first round pick is just on potential not because what he accopmlished on the field

i would love to have him but were kidding ourselves if we think he is going to make an impact in his rookie year outside the RZ


He'd instantly be our #3 reciever this year and be our #1 or #2 in 2013.