LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

With the 30th pick the Niners select.

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Streeter won't last past the middle of the 2nd round, he'll do well enough at the combine to assuage concerns and then people will look at his potential and go $%&^%!

Not only is he 6'5", he's 6'5" with tremendous ups which makes him a red-zone nightmare to defend.
IF he does a lot of at the combine, he will be considerated in the 2nd round. As for now, he isn't even in WR-top10...Bunting has him at 21st, CBS at 12th.

thats cause he has all the physical tools
unreal hight
great speed
good jumping ability

he just doesnt have the production numbers in college
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'd like to come away from this draft with two rookie receivers. Sanu in the 1st and maybe someone like Stephen Hill or Streeter in the 4th (although both may be gone by then).

Streeter won't last past the middle of the 2nd round, he'll do well enough at the combine to assuage concerns and then people will look at his potential and go $%&^%!

Not only is he 6'5", he's 6'5" with tremendous ups which makes him a red-zone nightmare to defend.

One thing that we're overlooking is how he interviews and background, is he known as a cocky player or team player, does he have any off field issues, how is his work ethic, history of injuries. Any red flags and his stock will plummet.

Another thing I was looking at is the amount of talent available in the first 3-4 rounds. Guys like Jared Crick may fall to the 2nd round. Not to mention the talented crop of receivers available in free agency. All that can force prospects down the board.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/streeter_tommy00.html

Looks like he had a small wrist injury his Freshman year of college...other then that he hasn't had any significant injuries throughout college.
Big fan of Streeter! Doesn't scare me that he hasn't had the big numbers because I feel that the coaching that we have is top notch and we can see players being developed. His ability to go deep would compliment our heavy personnel very well.
Originally posted by smacII:
Big fan of Streeter! Doesn't scare me that he hasn't had the big numbers because I feel that the coaching that we have is top notch and we can see players being developed. His ability to go deep would compliment our heavy personnel very well.

the qbs he played with at miami sucked, but when he got the ball he made plays
Share 49ersWebzone