There are 258 users in the forums

With the 30th pick the Niners select.

With the loss today I believe that slots us in at the 30th pick in the draft, due to the fact that we lost to the Ravens earlier this year. Peronally I hope we take an impact Wr with that pick. Think pick 30 is too late to get a high level WR? True Blackmon and Floyd will be gone, but we still should be able to get a really good player there, although it isn't a gaurentee by any means. Check out Impact receivers who have been taken in that range in the past.

Hakeem Nicks............ .29th in 09
Kenny Britt.................. 30th in 09
Dwayne Bowe .............23rd in 07
Santonio Holmes .........25th in 06
Roddy White ................27th in 05
Reggie Wayne .............30th in 01

I think you'd agree with me that any player of that ilk would help our Offense grow by leaps and bounds. One things for sure, I'm going to be watiching Mohamed Sanu, Alshon Jeffery, Kendall Wright, and Dwight Jones very closely at the combine.accidental

Does knowing our slot affect your hopes for the pick? Please share your thoughts.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Chase Minnifield
Dwight Jones

And if we get a chance to draft Michael Floyd, don't even think about it, just do it!!!
I'm not exactly sure where guys are projected to go, but off the top of my head:

Alshon Jeffrey, Dwight Jones, Coby Fleener, or Dwayne Allen
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM ]
Jeffrey speed is a huge concern for me. I will be very currious what he runs at the combine. We need someone with at least decent speed. We already have to many WR's with a plodding running style. I'm leaning toward Sanu or Jones right now, and would love to trade up for Floyd. We will see.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Jeffrey speed is a huge concern for me. I will be very currious what he runs at the combine. We need someone with at least decent speed. We already have to many WR's with a plodding running style. I'm leaning toward Sanu or Jones right now, and would love to trade up for Floyd. We will see.

If we go small WR they better be quick as heck. If we go big and they are a bit slower they better be 6'4 or so... not 6 foot. I haven't studied the draft too much so I don't know who I want yet. I just want a playmaker... especially if we don't pick up any outside FAs. Edit: Pretty simple, we need a 3rd down converter and a red zone threat
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM ]
Best WR available. Can't live with this anymore. Slow, small WR's who can't separate....
What about the second best guard in the draft whoever we feel it may be
While Justin Blackmon is the consensus best WR in this year's draft, he is not even the first Oklahoma State player I would draft.

Among WRs in this draft, Joe Adams, Arkansas, might be a better choice for the 49ers.

Not only is Adams an excellent wide receiver, with perhaps more quickness than Blackmon, but he is also a superb punt returner. In a conference (SEC) that had LSU's Honey Badger as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, the SEC coaches' choice as Special Teams Player of the Year was Joe Adams. Adams's teammate, WR Jarius Wright, is a keeper, also.

Back to the 49ers' greatest needs, Dashon Goldson is a free agent, and Madieu Williams is totally inadequate as a substitute if the 49ers fail to re-sign Goldson. FS Markelle Martin of Oklahoma State is perfectly suited for the 49ers' scheme.

All three of these guys -- Martin, Adams, and Wright -- should be available at the end of Round 1. Martin would be my first pick, Adams my second. There is a pretty good shot at getting both.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
GBN says we're picking #30, which I think is right. The ravens beat us but, we finished with an overall better record..
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:38 AM ]
Michael Floyd, I dont care we manage it. And yes, we pick at #30

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
GBN says we're picking #30, which I think is right. The ravens beat us but, we finished with an overall better record..

We do pick 30th.
Originally posted by communist:
Michael Floyd, I dont care we manage it. And yes, we pick at #30

we would probablly have to trade up 15 spots giving up a future 1st as well
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, no more smurfs. Get a Plaxico type, might not have ideal speed, but who can jump over DB's and in the Red Zone.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Gore lost a step this year and he won't be much faster next year. I'd be looking for a solid bell cow RB as Hunter is a great change of pace back and Boobie Dixon is a below average short yardage back. Maybe 3rd round?
BAP but I hope they draft 2 WR this year.
Share 49ersWebzone