There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the 30th pick the Niners select.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Morgan is another smurf who has no business being our #1 reciever. We need a bigger bodied reciever to pair beside Crabtree.

Morgan has always played "bigger" to me. I'm not sure how to explain it but I was honestly shocked that he was only 6 feet, I always thought he was about 6'3" or something, a lot bigger, maybe its the way he plays, he's very physical, tough and was a HUGE 3rd down weapon for the 49ers, I can only imagine what the offense would have looked at had he not gotten injured.
Originally posted by jogr49:
My Rutgers buds tell me Sanu is better WR than Kenny Britt. Sign me up for Sanu if that is true!

Rutgers fan here, I would agree although they are different types of receivers.
Tommy Streeter. 6'5", raw with a huge ceiling, sounds like a Harbaugh guy. By draft time he may have moved up into a legit late 1st round slot.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Morgan is another smurf who has no business being our #1 reciever. We need a bigger bodied reciever to pair beside Crabtree.

Morgan has always played "bigger" to me. I'm not sure how to explain it but I was honestly shocked that he was only 6 feet, I always thought he was about 6'3" or something, a lot bigger, maybe its the way he plays, he's very physical, tough and was a HUGE 3rd down weapon for the 49ers, I can only imagine what the offense would have looked at had he not gotten injured.

Totally agree! I don't doubt that our WR core needs some work, but given that Morgan was having his best season yet AND Alex Smith wasn't playing with the confidence he had near the end of the season, I think we are better here then what we showed against the Giants. I think that game would have played out much different if we had Morgan. Crabtree is a 3rd WR at best. We do need something here, but I think we can address this in FA and focus our draft on other positions.
Originally posted by Graffy:
Totally agree! I don't doubt that our WR core needs some work, but given that Morgan was having his best season yet AND Alex Smith wasn't playing with the confidence he had near the end of the season, I think we are better here then what we showed against the Giants. I think that game would have played out much different if we had Morgan. Crabtree is a 3rd WR at best. We do need something here, but I think we can address this in FA and focus our draft on other positions.

I think the 49ers would have been a lot better off had they simply traded a 5th round pick for Brandon Lloyd.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

I think the 49ers would have been a lot better off had they simply traded a 5th round pick for Brandon Lloyd.

One of the problems when Lloyd was here was getting separation from the DB's, glad they didn't trade for him
Originally posted by jimrat201:

One of the problems when Lloyd was here was getting separation from the DB's, glad they didn't trade for him

this

he sucks in any offense that isnt josh mcdaniels

he is only a deep threat nothing else he isnt a WCO WR
I'd like to come away from this draft with two rookie receivers. Sanu in the 1st and maybe someone like Stephen Hill or Streeter in the 4th (although both may be gone by then).
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by jimrat201:

this

he sucks in any offense that isnt josh mcdaniels

he is only a deep threat nothing else he isnt a WCO WR

Agreed. Lloyd wasn't very good and he didn't do a whole lot for the Rams after he was traded (51 recptions/ 680 yards/5 TD), we got better production out of Crabtree this year then that (72/870/4). Any ideas on what WRs are going to be in FA this year?
Tommy Streeter. 6'5", raw with a huge ceiling, sounds like a Harbaugh guy. By draft time he may have moved up into a legit late 1st round slot.

6'5"?
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'd like to come away from this draft with two rookie receivers. Sanu in the 1st and maybe someone like Stephen Hill or Streeter in the 4th (although both may be gone by then).

Streeter won't last past the middle of the 2nd round, he'll do well enough at the combine to assuage concerns and then people will look at his potential and go $%&^%!

Not only is he 6'5", he's 6'5" with tremendous ups which makes him a red-zone nightmare to defend.

Streeter won't last past the middle of the 2nd round, he'll do well enough at the combine to assuage concerns and then people will look at his potential and go $%&^%!

Not only is he 6'5", he's 6'5" with tremendous ups which makes him a red-zone nightmare to defend.

My hopes are too high
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

One thing that we're overlooking is how he interviews and background, is he known as a cocky player or team player, does he have any off field issues, how is his work ethic, history of injuries. Any red flags and his stock will plummet.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

One thing that we're overlooking is how he interviews and background, is he known as a cocky player or team player, does he have any off field issues, how is his work ethic, history of injuries. Any red flags and his stock will plummet.

Another thing I was looking at is the amount of talent available in the first 3-4 rounds. Guys like Jared Crick may fall to the 2nd round. Not to mention the talented crop of receivers available in free agency. All that can force prospects down the board.

IF he does a lot of at the combine, he will be considerated in the 2nd round. As for now, he isn't even in WR-top10...Bunting has him at 21st, CBS at 12th.