There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the 30th pick the Niners select.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
WR fo sho. Unless there's some stud pass catching 6'5" TE available.

How about a combo of the 6'6' TE Ladarius Green and 6'4' WR Stephen Hill

that would be awesome

This would give the offense more weapons and speed around Davis and allow the offense to open up and do more things and be more explosive too!
Championship
No way pats trade Mallet... We missed that one He'll be the next Brady in 3 years.
Its probably gonna be some random pick that only a few call

Not many people here had Aldon Smith at 7.

I wouldn't be surprised we go defense with the pick. Its the strength of this team and is a bigger reason we got were we did. The offense will benefit from a full offseason.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Its probably gonna be some random pick that only a few call

Not many people here had Aldon Smith at 7.

I wouldn't be surprised we go defense with the pick. Its the strength of this team and is a bigger reason we got were we did. The offense will benefit from a full offseason.

the offense will also benefit with some damn wrs, if theres no wr worth taking in the 1st then you go bpa and if its defense so be it. but even with another yr in the system this offense desperately needs like 3 wrs. we cant continue having a dominant defense and an offense so far behind going 3 and out on critical parts of games when the defense played their hearts out
we need WR who has great ball skills and can return kicks,,,, is this asking too much??,,,, someone superfast, and at least 6'3,220,,,,,,,lol,,, these guys grow one trees dont they...
I am starting to think that the BPA will at need will be how we approach this bad boy. There are some very good WR split-end types all up and down the draft, very deep IMO. Therefore, I don't necessarily expect us to draft a Sanu or Jeffereys in the first especially if we do get on of the big name FAs. Instead, I see us drafting an OL either C or RG like Glenn or Konz, an OLB like Andre Branch or an NT like Poe, or a CB like Gilmore or even Harbaugh's ol boy at TE, Fleener a 6'6" a la Graham.

The other thing I can see Baalke doing is going "Belicheck" on all of us and trade down for an extra first next year. We could still get two very good players in the second to help our team even more so than at #30 because of the value!

What do ya think?
Originally posted by RonRon:
we need WR who has great ball skills and can return kicks,,,, is this asking too much??,,,, someone superfast, and at least 6'3,220,,,,,,,lol,,, these guys grow one trees dont they...

Let me introduce you to the kid over the bay...Mr. Marvin Jones.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631804/marvin-jones
We do not need to waste a draft pick on a WR at the 30 slot. Don't forget that Josh Morgan was playing really well before he got injured in the Tampa game, that coupled with the fact that we can pick up a solid WR in FA; we really don't need to waste a draft pick.
1. Morgan
2. Crabtree
3/4. Ginn/Williams

I think we need to look @ DB, OL and safeties. WR will be tremendously better with a off season, OTA's and a healthy Morgan.
Sanu!
Originally posted by Graffy:
We do not need to waste a draft pick on a WR at the 30 slot. Don't forget that Josh Morgan was playing really well before he got injured in the Tampa game, that coupled with the fact that we can pick up a solid WR in FA; we really don't need to waste a draft pick.
1. Morgan
2. Crabtree
3/4. Ginn/Williams

I think we need to look @ DB, OL and safeties. WR will be tremendously better with a off season, OTA's and a healthy Morgan.

I disagree. DBs and OL can be had in the 2nd/3rd round range. Peter Konz may be out of our reach by the time we select and the same goes with CBs Jenkins and Dennard. Our receivers that you listed all have a history of injuries and if we have an opportunity to upgrade our group with our 1st round pick, we should take advantage. I don't want to spend big money in FA for a big named receiver when that money can go to our own free agents (Rogers, Goldson).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
1. Morgan
2. Crabtree
3/4. Ginn/Williams

Morgan is another smurf who has no business being our #1 reciever. We need a bigger bodied reciever to pair beside Crabtree.
Originally posted by mayo49:
1. Morgan
2. Crabtree
3/4. Ginn/Williams

Morgan is another smurf who has no business being our #1 reciever. We need a bigger bodied reciever to pair beside Crabtree.

I'm not saying that I disagree that Morgan isn't number 1 material, but a smurf? Last I checked he was 6-0 219 not exactly a smurf if you ask me.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by mayo49:
1. Morgan
2. Crabtree
3/4. Ginn/Williams

I'm not saying that I disagree that Morgan isn't number 1 material, but a smurf? Last I checked he was 6-0 219 not exactly a smurf if you ask me.
regardless if we go with a group of morgan crabtree and williams we would still be f**ked, what dc and defense is gonna be worried about those 3 guys? this team needs at least 2 new wrs who can actually get open and catch the ball play after play. i would call free agency a huge success if we can sign all of our guys and still manage to get a big time wr and even a 2nd tier like a meachem, manningham or garcon.
Originally posted by RonRon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wmParkppw