There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the 30th pick the Niners select.

should the Niners brain trust trade up to get a top tier receiver?
alshon jeffry or sanu
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Jeffrey speed is a huge concern for me. I will be very currious what he runs at the combine. We need someone with at least decent speed. We already have to many WR's with a plodding running style. I'm leaning toward Sanu or Jones right now, and would love to trade up for Floyd. We will see.

If we go small WR they better be quick as heck. If we go big and they are a bit slower they better be 6'4 or so... not 6 foot. I haven't studied the draft too much so I don't know who I want yet. I just want a playmaker... especially if we don't pick up any outside FAs. Edit: Pretty simple, we need a 3rd down converter and a red zone threat

I could be wrong, but I'm worried that Jeffery may turn out to be another J.J. Stokes. Does anyone else share these concerns?

im more worried he'll turn out to be a mike williams
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Jeffrey speed is a huge concern for me. I will be very currious what he runs at the combine. We need someone with at least decent speed. We already have to many WR's with a plodding running style. I'm leaning toward Sanu or Jones right now, and would love to trade up for Floyd. We will see.

If we go small WR they better be quick as heck. If we go big and they are a bit slower they better be 6'4 or so... not 6 foot. I haven't studied the draft too much so I don't know who I want yet. I just want a playmaker... especially if we don't pick up any outside FAs. Edit: Pretty simple, we need a 3rd down converter and a red zone threat

I could be wrong, but I'm worried that Jeffery may turn out to be another J.J. Stokes. Does anyone else share these concerns?

im more worried he'll turn out to be a mike williams

That would be worse. At least J.J. was mildly productive.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
alshon jeffry or sanu

I'd say Sanu or Jones. Jeffrey really needs to impress me durring the evaluation season.
Is Rashaun Woods available?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Is Rashaun Woods available?

Out fishing
  • g60nx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
A midget wr would help with low passes

OUCH
Id rather sign Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson or even Jordy Nelson
Originally posted by since1954:
While Justin Blackmon is the consensus best WR in this year's draft, he is not even the first Oklahoma State player I would draft.

Among WRs in this draft, Joe Adams, Arkansas, might be a better choice for the 49ers.

Not only is Adams an excellent wide receiver, with perhaps more quickness than Blackmon, but he is also a superb punt returner. In a conference (SEC) that had LSU's Honey Badger as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, the SEC coaches' choice as Special Teams Player of the Year was Joe Adams. Adams's teammate, WR Jarius Wright, is a keeper, also.

Back to the 49ers' greatest needs, Dashon Goldson is a free agent, and Madieu Williams is totally inadequate as a substitute if the 49ers fail to re-sign Goldson. FS Markelle Martin of Oklahoma State is perfectly suited for the 49ers' scheme.

All three of these guys -- Martin, Adams, and Wright -- should be available at the end of Round 1. Martin would be my first pick, Adams my second. There is a pretty good shot at getting both.

Originally posted by TheGame9850:
the BEST Guard available..

go after DeS. Jackson in FA

Des Jackson is a me first player. I doubt Harbaugh would want him on the team
Dwight Jones at 30 and stephen hill in the 3rd. Gives us to 6'4 guys than pick up Jackson in FA or resign Ginn ensuring we have the quick/PR guy too.
trade back and get more picks
Originally posted by g60nx:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
A midget wr would help with low passes

OUCH
did you hear matt millen

those were throw aways because they werent open and was no window to even attempt it
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by since1954:
While Justin Blackmon is the consensus best WR in this year's draft, he is not even the first Oklahoma State player I would draft.

Among WRs in this draft, Joe Adams, Arkansas, might be a better choice for the 49ers.

Not only is Adams an excellent wide receiver, with perhaps more quickness than Blackmon, but he is also a superb punt returner. In a conference (SEC) that had LSU's Honey Badger as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, the SEC coaches' choice as Special Teams Player of the Year was Joe Adams. Adams's teammate, WR Jarius Wright, is a keeper, also.

Back to the 49ers' greatest needs, Dashon Goldson is a free agent, and Madieu Williams is totally inadequate as a substitute if the 49ers fail to re-sign Goldson. FS Markelle Martin of Oklahoma State is perfectly suited for the 49ers' scheme.

All three of these guys -- Martin, Adams, and Wright -- should be available at the end of Round 1. Martin would be my first pick, Adams my second. There is a pretty good shot at getting both.

This! Joe Adams as our speed guy!
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
I have no clue about players in the draft, so BPA.