There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the 30th pick the Niners select.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he throws it if the guy is going to be open too

you dont throw it to a guarded WR unless you absoutly have to or if you have CJ lary fitz andre johnson on one on one ocverage

why would you even risk that?

I'm not saying he should. But he likes to play safe. People are wanting a tall receiver for jump ball opportunities. I was simply saying that a jump ball seems like a risky throw that Harbaugh wouldn't like Smith to make. Not a knock on smith. Just not sure why people are desperate for a guy for jump ball opportunities when that doesn't seem likely to get utilized. Sharp routes and ability after the catch would be a higher priority IMO.
I'd take a small wr if the dude was either filthly fast or quick and would require a double team.

Would also love for us to get Fleener (sp) from Stanford at TE. Dude us very tall and can catch. Put him opposite VD with a speed wr and that right there is gonna be a huge improvement over this year.
We really need a WR. Drafting where we are, the top WR's will be gone and we will probably be going for BPA. When we do get somebody for the position:
I want a WR receiver that:
1) Knows how to run routes that create SEPARATION
2) Knows to ATTACK the ball (i.e. - come back towards the QB) rather than wait for it to get there
3) Has excellent hands
4) Is willing to block
5) is willing to stretch out for a catch rather than worried about YAC and decides to not bother since he can't due to where it has been thrown
and
6) TOTALLY lacks the primadonna personna

He doesn't need to blaze a sub 4.4. He doesn't have to be 6'5". He does't have to have been a finalist for the Fred Biletnikoff award. He doesn't have to be a workout warrior.
I'd rather have somebody like Wes Welker than Michael Crabtree.
WR McNutt in the 3rd
Alshon Jeffrey
My Rutgers buds tell me Sanu is better WR than Kenny Britt. Sign me up for Sanu if that is true!
Is Ryan Broyles 1st round material? Nevermind I forgot he tore his ACL at the end of the season.
[ Edited by jimrat201 on Jan 23, 2012 at 4:31 PM ]
gimme Kendall Wright por favor
I would go ahead and draft a safety and let Goldson walk then take the money that was going to him and sign a guy like Marques Colston......either that or franchise Goldson and trade him for a pick or two and go FS and WR early on in the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I would go ahead and draft a safety and let Goldson walk then take the money that was going to him and sign a guy like Marques Colston......either that or franchise Goldson and trade him for a pick or two and go FS and WR early on in the draft.

Goldson is probably worth a 3rd rounder at this point. Franchise him and draft BPA. Always draft a BPA
Originally posted by mayo49:
GBN says we're picking #30, which I think is right. The ravens beat us but, we finished with an overall better record..

Thanks for straightening that out. I fixed the problem.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Jeffrey speed is a huge concern for me. I will be very currious what he runs at the combine. We need someone with at least decent speed. We already have to many WR's with a plodding running style. I'm leaning toward Sanu or Jones right now, and would love to trade up for Floyd. We will see.

If we go small WR they better be quick as heck. If we go big and they are a bit slower they better be 6'4 or so... not 6 foot. I haven't studied the draft too much so I don't know who I want yet. I just want a playmaker... especially if we don't pick up any outside FAs. Edit: Pretty simple, we need a 3rd down converter and a red zone threat

Why not find a guy who has a little of both (size and speed)? I think the biggest thing is to find a player(big or small) who can gain seperation consistently on the NFL level. Outside of Vernon we don't have anyone who can do that right now.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
hakeem nicks was the 29th pick and kenny britt i believe was the 30th, you can find star wrs late in the 1st or anywhere to be honest

sanu is a lot like nicks

great hands quick and can do stuff after catch also gets great hight on jump balls

I'm sold. It's kind of funny, but Nicks is the type of receiver I am enamored with. I hope we are able to pick up a guy like that. Just for refrence Nicks ran a 4.49 40 at 6-0 215 at the 09 combine. Sanu is 6-2 215 we will have to see what he runs.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by jogr49:
My Rutgers buds tell me Sanu is better WR than Kenny Britt. Sign me up for Sanu if that is true!

Britt is 6-3 218 and ran a 4.48 40 at the 09 combine. Sanu is almost as big at 6-2 215 we will have to see what he runs.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Jeffrey speed is a huge concern for me. I will be very currious what he runs at the combine. We need someone with at least decent speed. We already have to many WR's with a plodding running style. I'm leaning toward Sanu or Jones right now, and would love to trade up for Floyd. We will see.

If we go small WR they better be quick as heck. If we go big and they are a bit slower they better be 6'4 or so... not 6 foot. I haven't studied the draft too much so I don't know who I want yet. I just want a playmaker... especially if we don't pick up any outside FAs. Edit: Pretty simple, we need a 3rd down converter and a red zone threat

I could be wrong, but I'm worried that Jeffery may turn out to be another J.J. Stokes. Does anyone else share these concerns?