There are 224 users in the forums

With the 30th pick the Niners select.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I like Muhammed Sanu in our system. I don;t think we have to overreact and get a burner at WR. The biggest offensive need was the position go-to hands WR (basically another Crabtree with complimentary skills)...we hoped Braylon could do it, but he couldn't. I think Floyd and a few others would fit the mold, but I like Sanu because his hands are tremendous and he blocks like a monster, so he could see the field almost instantly.

I totally agree. I love Sanu.

I didn't get a chance to watch any Rutgers games this past season so I didn't know much about Sanu. After watching a few highlight videos, HOLY SHIEEEET he looks awesome. An all around weapon at receiver and even ran a few plays out the backfield. He blocks very well too. Wow, I wouldn't be mad at all if we took him in the 1st.

And, he should be there for us a #30.
I like Muhammed Sanu in our system. I don;t think we have to overreact and get a burner at WR. The biggest offensive need was the position go-to hands WR (basically another Crabtree with complimentary skills)...we hoped Braylon could do it, but he couldn't. I think Floyd and a few others would fit the mold, but I like Sanu because his hands are tremendous and he blocks like a monster, so he could see the field almost instantly.

I didn't get a chance to watch any Rutgers games this past season so I didn't know much about Sanu. After watching a few highlight videos, HOLY SHIEEEET he looks awesome. An all around weapon at receiver and even ran a few plays out the backfield. He blocks very well too. Wow, I wouldn't be mad at all if we took him in the 1st.

i wanna see his 40
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

i wanna see his 40

He's not fast, he's "quick" - The kind of player who creates separation.
Originally posted by sfout:

i wanna see his 40

He's not fast, he's "quick" - The kind of player who creates separation.

Want.
Sanu is 6-2, for now. Either we get a fast one or a big one, I prefer the latter one. 6-2 is not big imo. Even 6-3, like Floyd, is not that big but at least much bigger than what we have.
BPA
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Sanu is 6-2, for now. Either we get a fast one or a big one, I prefer the latter one. 6-2 is not big imo. Even 6-3, like Floyd, is not that big but at least much bigger than what we have.

Floyd is the best of both worlds. He runs really well and has the body control that we want. Those reasons will be why he doesn't fall past the #15th pick.
With Alex Smith's tendency to only throw to open receivers, would a tall, jump ball type WR really do us much good anyway? I think a guy like that wouldnt have an impact the way things are.
Originally posted by DMiller2007:
With Alex Smith's tendency to only throw to open receivers, would a tall, jump ball type WR really do us much good anyway? I think a guy like that wouldnt have an impact the way things are.

he throws it if the guy is going to be open too

you dont throw it to a guarded WR unless you absoutly have to or if you have CJ lary fitz andre johnson on one on one ocverage

why would you even risk that?
If we take a receiver i'm going with brian quick unless we trade up for michael floyd. I think he's about to light up the senior bowl and probably run faster than his projected 40 time at the combine. I think he will be the best of the 2nd tier receivers but we will begin that run taking one at the end of the 1st round.

Looking for a #1 WR at that spot in the draft would be very difficult to get...Maybe a #2 WR...maybe...But ummm....I wouldnt be mad if we brought in a COUPLE of WR thru Free Agency to start for the next few years....We need to go BPA at this spot
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Looking for a #1 WR at that spot in the draft would be very difficult to get...Maybe a #2 WR...maybe...But ummm....I wouldnt be mad if we brought in a COUPLE of WR thru Free Agency to start for the next few years....We need to go BPA at this spot

Don't forget T.O. was a 3rd rounder, so it's possible to hit on a reciever at #30.
Originally posted by 804Niner:

Don't forget T.O. was a 3rd rounder, so it's possible to hit on a reciever at #30.
hakeem nicks was the 29th pick and kenny britt i believe was the 30th, you can find star wrs late in the 1st or anywhere to be honest
hakeem nicks was the 29th pick and kenny britt i believe was the 30th, you can find star wrs late in the 1st or anywhere to be honest

sanu is a lot like nicks

great hands quick and can do stuff after catch also gets great hight on jump balls
A midget wr would help with low passes
Share 49ersWebzone