There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the 30th pick the Niners select.

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nuns:
Gore lost a step this year and he won't be much faster next year. I'd be looking for a solid bell cow RB as Hunter is a great change of pace back and Boobie Dixon is a below average short yardage back. Maybe 3rd round?

I was thinking the same
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we would probablly have to trade up 15 spots giving up a future 1st as well
As long as we dont give away the whole farm, I dont care. In contrary to ATL, we are relatively stacked at defense.
i hope it is alshon jeffery
  • titan
  • Veteran
Jarious Wright! We could have used him last night.
I like Muhammed Sanu in our system. I don;t think we have to overreact and get a burner at WR. The biggest offensive need was the position go-to hands WR (basically another Crabtree with complimentary skills)...we hoped Braylon could do it, but he couldn't. I think Floyd and a few others would fit the mold, but I like Sanu because his hands are tremendous and he blocks like a monster, so he could see the field almost instantly.
the BEST Guard available..

go after DeS. Jackson in FA
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nuns:
Gore lost a step this year and he won't be much faster next year. I'd be looking for a solid bell cow RB as Hunter is a great change of pace back and Boobie Dixon is a below average short yardage back. Maybe 3rd round?

Dixon had a real nice run when he was in there. I still think he could still be Gores replacement. Him and Kendall would make a nice 1, 2.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Big WR in the 1st RD and sign a speedster like Jackson or sign a speedster like Wright and sign a big body like Reggie Wayne. Either one we need to upgrade our WR. Crabtree improved , but I just don't see #1 WR potential.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
How about Bowe, he's a free agent I believe. He'd be perfect as that big reciever. If there's anything good out of our season is that we are now an attractive team to sign on with to compete for a SB.
We definitely need weapons, and by that I mean speed. Would love kendall wright in the first, dwight jones (big red zone threat) in the second and a potential Gore replacement in the third. Maybe LaMichael James. I think he has the speed to be a star with a bit of pro coaching from Rathman...
Michael Floyd probably fits our team the best but I'm pretty sure he'll be gone by the time we pick.

Other than that, Dwight Jones is probably my next favorite receiver. Or we can possibly wait till the 3rd round and select Stephen Hill.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I like Muhammed Sanu in our system. I don;t think we have to overreact and get a burner at WR. The biggest offensive need was the position go-to hands WR (basically another Crabtree with complimentary skills)...we hoped Braylon could do it, but he couldn't. I think Floyd and a few others would fit the mold, but I like Sanu because his hands are tremendous and he blocks like a monster, so he could see the field almost instantly.

I totally agree. I love Sanu.
We had a better regular season record, so we select 30th.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We had a better regular season record, so we select 30th.

Mad, what do you think. Trade up for a WR or stay at #30?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:

I totally agree. I love Sanu.

I didn't get a chance to watch any Rutgers games this past season so I didn't know much about Sanu. After watching a few highlight videos, HOLY SHIEEEET he looks awesome. An all around weapon at receiver and even ran a few plays out the backfield. He blocks very well too. Wow, I wouldn't be mad at all if we took him in the 1st.