Alex Smith - its so obvious I actually forget to write this in the first place.....
Dashon Goldson - Whether the improved play is directly linked to an improved pass rush he has at minimum earned a franchise tag while we work out a long term deal.
Carlos Rogers - There is no reason to panic, Rogers seems willing to take a hometown discount and Baalke will oblige.
Ted Ginn - There is no reason to think he'll be gone, especially if we draft a capable receiver to compete with Morgan and Williams or hell even unseat Crabtree as the #1
Josh Morgan - It's a no brainer to bring him back on a short term deal to kick the tires for a full season in the new system
Ahmad Brooks - Brooks has really shined under Frangio's guidance, he could be hard to keep but I think he'll ultimately stick around.
Reggie Smith - Reggie will be hungry and we could lose him in FA but he is unproven and his best chance at success is here with us. We might lose Goldson in FA or decide he isn't worth it after year so keeping Reggie is a big deal.
Adam Snyder - Snyder replacing Rachal was essentially the the turning point for our OL. We need him back.
Blake Costanzo - Core special teamer for Seely. He'll definitely be inked to a some kind of a long term deal.
Tavares Gooden - Same can be said for Gooden and need I remind everyone that we actually wanted to trade for him, even if it was conditional 7th that says something about the guy.
C.J. Spillman - Another core special teamer, if I'm not mistaken he's the captain of the ST. He is a capable back up as well.
Larry Grant - He'll require a good deal of money to keep around but I think he likes it here and will stick, I don't think he has the size to play through a full season as starter elsewhere in the league.
Tramaine Brock - 4th CB and has essentially got Spencer cut already. No reason to cut ties with Brock and retain Spencer when he's outplayed him all season, when all is said in done Brock will probably be our 5th CB.
Moran Norris - 2 FBs on the roster? Not when we could use it to carry a 4th TE or extra DB
Chilo Rachal - He's worn out his welcome here and we've got lineman just chomping at the bit to take his spot.
Justin Peele - Service 3rd TE. Honestly he could be back but not Byham and Reuland vying for the 3rd and/or 4th TE spot as I mentioned above.
Madieu Williams - He stepped up but he falls victim to us getting younger.
Brett Swain - We need to upgrade our WRs and this guy has done a good job filling a body need but is in no way capable of playing a big role in our offense.
Will Tukuafu - A slightly controversial choice I admit but I really see us going after a lineman in the draft and I've personally never been overly impressed by him.
Shawntae Spencer - Cutting Spencer is a complete given. If Brock a 2nd year player has unseated a 8 year veteran as the 4th CB for the playoffs you can kiss him good bye for next season. Not to mention we save $3.2 Million that can go towards re-signing a couple veterans to 1 year minimum deals.
1. Peter Konz C/OG Wisconsin - An instrumental piece in Wisconsin's scary running game as helped provide protection for Tolzien on their way to a Rose Bowl as well as Russell Wilson when he was getting his Heisman hype. Having him apprentice under Goodwin for a year or 2 will do no harm. He could also step in at RG if needed.
2. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt - Culliver is clearly being groomed heavily as future starter but Hayward is a physical ball hall hawk that would thrive in our system. We would be foolish to pass on him.
3. Audie Cole LB NC State - What has JH and Baalke preach about all year? If you guessed versatility then this guy should be a great pick. A backer who has played both outside and inside linebacker just like Tavares Gooden. He could prove to be a great value pick and at 6-5 240 he has a rangy body similar to that of Aldon, add a little bulk and this guy could be just as beastly.
4. Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M - I was thinking about sending Jeffery to us in the first especially since the entire nfl.com draft group has us taking one there but I keep going back to the fact that we're looking for a guy to essentially split time with Morgan. Fuller could move up by draft season but I think he makes a ton of sense here.
5. Travian Robertson DE South Carolina - He had an average college career to be honest but is at least a serviceable back up in the NFL based on the talent he flashed. Note: I had this pick before reading the practice reports from the shrine game and the good news only reaffirms my choice.
6. Conroy Black CB Utah - A track star who has quickly become a standout starter for the U over the past 2 years after transferring from the JUCO level, has the size that we want our DBs to have at 6'0" 185.
7. Jerell Young FS South Florida - A developmental safety prospect. Also had this pick penciled in before the shrine practices and I still see him as good project.
Comments and criticism please.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 17, 2012 at 8:35 PM ]