There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins WR Illinois

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-miss-out-on-jenkins/article_02ddc12d-b649-5ef0-84f4-02f6487fb11d.html

GREAT LINK. LOFTY LINK.

Yes great link, shows how much Baalke knows what hes doing even more by not trading down! In baalke i trust!
i see Jenkins as the prototypical WC possetion WR. He is Crabtrees replacment IMO. From what i saw in film he relies less on speed when he goes deep but instead has a knack for finding the seem. Good route runner. Does he have the speed needed to go deep? sure, but he will make his living with his route running ability, and YAC, as a possetion WR. Basically hopefully he is everything we wanted from crabtree and havent gotten.
how do you get A.J. out of Alfred Alonzo?
Originally posted by hofer36:

Yeah, looked up his name and seen that... maybe Alfred Jenkins became AJ... needless to say I'd rather call him AJ than Alfred Alonzo. P.S. AA doesn't work does it... unless you're Michael Floyd.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:

Maybe it's Alfred Jr?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Maybe it's Alfred Jr?
That would make more sense...

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20491947/san-francisco-49ers-pull-first-round-surprise-take

Jenkins grew up in Jacksonville, Fla., and went to Jaguars games on his father Alfred's shoulders. He visited the Jaguars during the predraft process, along with the Ravens, Chiefs, Lions, Rams and 49ers.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM ]
  • 8to80
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I don't think Baalke thinks of him as a "speed" receiver, but rather a good receiver.

I know it gets a little lost in the glim and glamour of the draft, but there is more to playing receiver than being tall and running fast in a straight line in your underwear.
Body control, feigning the DB, quickness, separation, hands, intelligence, and last but not least, just good ole fashioned football sense.

Oh yeah, he also runs fast in a straight line in his underwear.
Of course, Baalke thinks of him as more than a speed receiver. Who the hell would draft a WR in the 1st round just because he was fast (except the late Al Davis, of course)?

I know it gets lost in the glim and glamour of the draft, but there is more to playing football than players that score touchdowns. The biggest weaknesses I saw coming into the draft was guard/center & cb. WR was weak too, but did address that to some degree during the FA.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Lmao the first page. Forgot about this

The 1st page is gold

Diva called it lulz
McShay is already saying that he won't be a star. Now I don't know if he will or not, but I thnk we at least need to give him a shot before we condemn his career to mediocrity. I never cared for McShay anyway.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by D-Money:
I've said it on numerous threads on here I love AJ Jenkins as something about him reminds me of Jerry. That being said Baalke is full of crap, we should've taken the Minnesota deal as Jenkins absolutely would've been there in the top of the second to middle of the second. I would've loved to get Janoris Jenkins here and AJ in a trade up in round two. All I'm going to say is bye bye Kyle Williams.

What deal was this? Didnt know one was on the table
He fielded a trade request by the Minnesota Vikings that presumably would have given the 49ers Minnesota's second-round pick (35th overall) as well as at least one other pick. Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/04/did-49ers-jump-the-gun-on-jenkins-baalke-doesnt-think-so.html#storylink=cpy

From Maiocco: The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported the Rams liked Jenkins so much that his grade wasn't much different than the one their scouting department placed on Justin Blackmon, whom the Jacksonville Jaguars selected with the fifth overall pick. The Rams were expected to take Jenkins with the first pick of the second round, according to the report.

Sports Illustrated's Peter King reported that one receiver-needy team had Jenkins rated higher than Notre Dame's Michael Floyd, whom the Arizona Cardinals selected with the 13th overall pick.

Well D-Money, whose full of crap?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Weird, i just read that too.

Dude's a beast i bet.

We must take him with our 1st pick.

ACCIDENTAL CLAIRVOYANCE.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by braap49er:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-miss-out-on-jenkins/article_02ddc12d-b649-5ef0-84f4-02f6487fb11d.html

GREAT LINK. LOFTY LINK.

Yes great link, shows how much Baalke knows what hes doing even more by not trading down! In baalke i trust!

Good find, Gore. Shows that he was coveted by other teams.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
OK, OK.....I get that many of you are disappointed with this pick. Let us look a bit deeper at the reasons behind it, shall we?

A.J. Jenkins...

physical attributes...
-great hands
-runs great routes
-is both quick and fast
-can stretch the field
-was extremely productive even though he was playing with a below average QB
-for those of you who like numbers...
....4.37 40 yd. dash at the Combine
...one of the fastest times of any player invited
....38.5" vertical leap (better than Blackmon, Floyd, Randle, Jeffery, Givens, Sanu, Quick, and M. Jones)
....4.12 20 yd. shuttle (better than Blackmon, Floyd, K Wright, S Hill, Randle, Jeffery, Givens, Sanu, and Quick)
....6.73 3-cone drill (better than Blackmon, Floyd, K Wright, S Hill, Randle, Jeffery, Givens, Sanu, Quick, M. Jones, and Childs)
....10'4" broad jump (better than Blackmon, Floyd, K Wright, Randle, Jeffery, Givens, Sanu, Quick, and M. Jones)

intangibles
-humble
-hard working
-very intelligent
-has great character
-loves the game of football
-improved every year in college and by all accounts, has not reached his ceiling
-wants to get better

I'd say he qualifies as a top prospect...

Cheers!
Great work.....aside from being the best wr from a measurable standpoint, he also produced a lot on a really bad offense.
Great work nw9erfan
  • buck
  • Veteran

GREAT LINK. LOFTY LINK.

x100