There are 274 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

• sfout
  • Veteran
Okay call me stupid but I seriously haven't paid any attention Hill's measurements I seriously thought he was 6-3 but ESPN lists him at 6-5. Good lord if he is really 6-5
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Oh yes this draft is DEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on the wagon....officially....
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

Welcome aboard.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

Welcome aboard.

Welcome
Tomorrow we'll know the accurate measurments for all these WR's so people will have a new tangent to go off on.
if this guy is around 6 4 to 6 5

while running a 4.4 (as he is expected to)

we gotta take a chance on him even if we have to trade up to our 2nd round pick

thats CJ like upside there
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This draft is the right draft to pick up atleast a good #2 receiver, much more stoked about the receivers in this draft than the receivers in free agency.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This draft is the right draft to pick up atleast a good #2 receiver, much more stoked about the receivers in this draft than the receivers in free agency.

Agreed. Last night I went through the list of prospects expect to go from rounds 2 - 5 and decided I dont care what happens in free agency because the guy(s) we get in the draft will be at minimum great #2's. Hope Crabtree can keep his upward trend going and kill it next year.
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/02/24/georgia-tech-wr-hill-at-least-sounds-like-a-49er/

INDIANAPOLIS — He's a big-bodied wide receiver who says he enjoys blocking and has a team-first attitude. Meet Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill, you're newest San Francisco 49er!

Kidding, of course, but the 6-foot-4, 215-pounder has all the earmarkings of a wideout San Francisco will investigate here at the NFL combine.

Hill left school after a junior season in which he posted modest stats (28 catches, 820 yards, 5 TDs) in Georgia Tech's run-heavy option offense. But he at least sounded all the right notes while meeting with the media today, saying he relishes the physicality of run blocking (brownie points with Jim Harbaugh) and is about team success above stats (more music to you-know-who's ears).

"It wasn't really as frustrating," Hill said of playing in an option offense. "Yes, you're wide receiver and … you want to get the ball. But any time you're helping out a team, I'm a winner and I want to win. So any time you're helping out a team that's a big thing."

Hill, projected as a third- or fourth-round pick by Pro Football Weekly, could elevate his draft stock with a head-turning time in the 40 (he hopes to run in the low 4.3s). As his 29.3 yards per catch this past season indicates, he was a downfield threat in college. He also comes from a school with an impressive recent track record when it comes to wide receivers: Both Detroit's Calvin Johnson and Denver's Demaryius Thomas are from Georgia tech.

"I felt like I had the great ability to play at this next level," Hill said when asked about deciding to leave school early. "No, I didn't have the great stats like the other wide receivers did, but my ability … I know I can do well in the NFL."

I think I might want Hill more than I want Jeffery.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jeffery is a more proven talent...but with Hill we can still afford to pick someone up in FA and spend our 1st rounder on our Center of the future if he's still there.
I want.
If he runs in the 4.3 range, you might be looking at drafting him in the late 1st round.
• Georgia Tech wide out Stephen Hill measured in at 6-4, 215-pounds and said he has run in the 4.3 range but expects to run in the low 4.4 range at the Combine. He also talked about his development as a route runner and that despite him being raw, he says he understands how to read coverages and can improve in that area.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Combine-Day-Two-Morning-Notes.html
Will Georgia Tech's Stephen Hill rise up draft boards?

INDIANAPOLIS—Size and speed at the WR position is a hot topic here at the NFL Combine. Think about it: the ability to run the 3-step route tree, plus the size to win vs. press-coverage and convert on inside breaking routes. ICONHill is a size/speed player that could see his stock rise at the NFL Combine.

And speed is going to sell when we talk about a WRs ability to stretch the top of the defense when they transition to the NFL.

Outside of the top three prospects "projected" to come off the board in the NFL Draft (Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd), expect these Combine workouts to play a big role in the grading process with these WRs.

One of the WRs to keep an eye on is Stephen Hill. The Georgia Tech product has size (6-4, 215 at today's weigh-ins) and said he hopes to run in the low 4.4s in the 40-yard dash.

Talking with the NFP's Wes Bunting, Hill does have the ability to get vertically down the field, but he will need time to develop as a route runner coming from the triple option offense at Georgia Tech.

And although Hill might not be more than a "situational" talent as a rookie that can run the 9 (fade) or 8 (post) in the route tree, if he can post a time in the low 4.4s, his stock will start to climb. Because every offense in the NFL is looking for that size/speed matchup player outside of the numbers that can win in one-on-one situations and produce inside of the 20-yard line.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Will-Georgia-Techs-Stephen-Hill-rise-up-draft-boards.html
Share 49ersWebzone