LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Guess it's not looking good for us drafting this physical freak :(. Looks like he'll be gone before our pick and I doubt now we trade up for him after signing Moss. Well probably just settle for another mediocre free agent wr and draft another guy in the later rounds. Really wanted Hill tho!

im sure if hill falls we will get him

hill and moss skillset are very similar (size speed)e can learn a lot from him (despite character issues)

This. Very similar, but I also see a bit more tenacity out of Hill. He's very physical.

I think Chicago takes him at 19. For us to move up to Cincy's pick (having two 1st, they're the most likely to trade imo) It'd cost us our 1st and 2nd.

I don't see our front office spending that much oh Hill. Although, I wouldn't be upset if they did.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I think Chicago takes him at 19. For us to move up to Cincy's pick (having two 1st, they're the most likely to trade imo) It'd cost us our 1st and 2nd.

I don't see our front office spending that much oh Hill. Although, I wouldn't be upset if they did.

Guess it's not looking good for us drafting this physical freak :(. Looks like he'll be gone before our pick and I doubt now we trade up for him after signing Moss. Well probably just settle for another mediocre free agent wr and draft another guy in the later rounds. Really wanted Hill tho!

hill and moss skillset are very similar (size speed)e can learn a lot from him (despite character issues)

This. Very similar, but I also see a bit more tenacity out of Hill. He's very physical.

Yeah I wouldn't be mad either if we gave up our 2nd round pick to move up to get him. I'm just really hoping that Kendall Wright and Alshon Jeffery put on a show at their pro days so that teams draft those guys before Hill, allowing Hill to still fall to us. That would be the perfect scenario. And yeah he's physical too. I don't think he's just merely a go route guy like Moss. He may be raw, but his potential is so ridiculous and if he were to pan out, you'd have one scary ass wr for years to come.

He's got a lot of hype right now, but when it's all said and done, there are a ton of players ahead of him in most draft boards. Chicago may have their choice between Floyd and Wright. On top of that, they need help with their secondary and OL.

I really think the only threat we have in the draft is Houston. Otherwise, we should just stay at 30 and pick either Hill or Fleener.
Hell be ours now thank you miami
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skillzdatkillz90:
Hell be ours now thank you miami

This!

Not anymore.
That trade for Marshall will change how WRs will be picked in the first. Hill, IMO, now just dropped to who's next in line for a WR. Houston maybe. I still like our chances for this kid. If not, Fleener will be the choice. I just don't see us taking Jenkins, even if he's there with the Cox signing. With both Cox and Moss, BPA is the way we're going to go for sure.

IMO, a top twenty player will drop to us! I like Hill though.
I think if Hill drops to 24, we will try to trade for him still. Let him develop and contribute as he can while Moss, Crab, and Morgan hold it down for a year.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think if Hill drops to 24, we will try to trade for him still. Let him develop and contribute as he can while Moss, Crab, and Morgan hold it down for a year.

Why the Steelers at 24? I figured we'd have traded with Denver for their pick at 25. Not that it's a significant difference for us. Still, I think Chicago will nab him at 19 barring amazing Pro-days by some of the other WRs or if the bears are playing mind games with the draft.

Why the Steelers at 24? I figured we'd have traded with Denver for their pick at 25. Not that it's a significant difference for us. Still, I think Chicago will nab him at 19 barring amazing Pro-days by some of the other WRs or if the bears are playing mind games with the draft.

Because the Broncos are a feasible threat to take Hill. He fits the Tebow offense and would be able to contribute a lot there early. Decker was hurt, so was Demaryius Thomas. Although Denver could also target Kendall Wright or a DL.

Because the Broncos are a feasible threat to take Hill. He fits the Tebow offense and would be able to contribute a lot there early. Decker was hurt, so was Demaryius Thomas. Although Denver could also target Kendall Wright or a DL.

That makes sense. I figured they'd go DL...but I can see the argument for Hill if Tebow remains the starter. Maybe we're better off if Denver does sign Manning :)
he will fall to us
Originally posted by jreff22:
he will fall to us

Curious that now he's a faller rather than a riser, right?
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by jreff22:
he will fall to us

Curious that now he's a faller rather than a riser, right?

I always had him as a faller, personally I think he is a high 2nd rounder
Imagine him, Moss, Crabtree and Vernon? mmmmmm
Share 49ersWebzone