LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

I really hope they do draft hill at #30 in the 1st round..
If you yell loud enough, it will happen.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we'll end up trading up for this kid.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think we'll end up trading up for this kid.

I really hope so
Not sure if I commented earlier on this thread, but I have Hill as my number two WR. He will take a year to really learn how to play the position, but the upside is unreal.
I could see the team drafting the kid and having him watch Randy Moss.
I'm glad a lot of people are starting to see why I love the kid as a WR and are jumping on the bandwagon. He, imo, seems like the perfect WR for us. Size, speed, blocking, coachable, crazy potential. Sounds like a Harbaugh/Baalke guy to me.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'm glad a lot of people are starting to see why I love the kid as a WR and are jumping on the bandwagon. He, imo, seems like the perfect WR for us. Size, speed, blocking, coachable, crazy potential. Sounds like a Harbaugh/Baalke guy to me.

How are you planning on getting him at #30?.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

First, its not my job to plan a way to get him. Second, Baalke seems like a GM that knows what he wants and will go out and get the person he wants. So if Hill happens to be that person, I don't see why Baalke wouldn't go get him. Plus its not written in stone that he'll go before 30. Just cause mocks having him going higher doesn't make it true. Crabtree was supposed to be gone before the #10 pick and he was there. No one knows how the draft will play out.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

First, its not my job to plan a way to get him. Second, Baalke seems like a GM that knows what he wants and will go out and get the person he wants. So if Hill happens to be that person, I don't see why Baalke wouldn't go get him. Plus its not written in stone that he'll go before 30. Just cause mocks having him going higher doesn't make it true. Crabtree was supposed to be gone before the #10 pick and he was there. No one knows how the draft will play out.

I think Fleener and Hill will both be gone. But honestly I think Hill has a better chance to fall to us. Because he is so raw and the production wasn't that great. I think Fleener is more pro ready and probably fits our system better too because it is his exact system that he has been playing in for years. I would love to get either but especially Fleener. Hill would be a nice consulation prize IMO.

Agree. I believe he fits in perfect with the type of players Harbaugh and Baalke want on this team.
5,000 POST!!!

Bump. This guy is officially my draft crush. Where's the hype!?!?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
5,000 POST!!!

Bump. This guy is officially my draft crush. Where's the hype!?!?

Mine too.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I'm hard for Hill too. but it just doesn't make sense to draft a WR so high.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'm hard for Hill too. but it just doesn't make sense to draft a WR so high.

He will be the #1 in 2013
Share 49ersWebzone